Author Topic: Recent article on gynecomastia in Plastic Surgery Practice  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I was recently interviewed by Plastic Surgery Practice about Gynecomastia.

If you wish to read the article, it is available here (eliminate the space after http://)  

http:// edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=other&pnum=16&refresh=6e1C0Jp87g0T&EID=823846cd-8540-428c-8d22-7448bc5e3da7&skip=&p=16

Hope you enjoy reading it.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline xelnaga13

Great article. First time that I heard a doctor reference the hunch.

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
Your empathy takes on a whole new level, and it is very much appreciated!

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Your empathy takes on a whole new level, and it is very much appreciated!

Agreed. Good article. Its nice to read about the evolution of the surgery and how outcomes have improved. Thanks Dr.

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
Great article, it seems there is always something to learn with this "condition".  I also wanted to say I really appreciate the fact that you are so active on these boards, Dr Jacobs.  I had a lot of questions pre-op and whenever I would use the search function it seems your name popped up a lot answering other members who asked similar questions (thus preventing me from even having to ask!).  

I am now a little over two weeks post op, and have many questions about the healing process, and once again, whenever I use the search function your name pops up with extremely informative answers.  I really feel like I owe you a "thank you" and you weren't even my Dr/Surgeon!  I went with a surgeon here on the west coast, but if I lived on the east coast I wouldn't hesitate to set up a consultation with you.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:07:23 PM by NO83 »

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Very glad that you enjoyed the article and that you found my answers to be helpful.

Keep active on the forum if you can!  We need more post op patients to provide reassurance to the pre-op guys.

Dr Jacobs

Offline studentoflife

enlightening article, wish you were in philadelphia, but luckily you are in New York, not too far.  It helps immensely that you have suffered with this, you will empathize where others cannot.  Im 25, Im in hell, and , despite mostly a productive life, this is slowly have psychological impact on me, very real consequences. Im worried by coverage wont pay for this, and will view it merely as cosmetic.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, you are correct.  Having had gyne myself, I absolutely know what every guy on this forum has gone through.

As for insurance, hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but for the most part, insurance very rarely covers the surgery.  They deem it cosmetic and refuse to pay.  Once in a rare blue moon, insurance may indeed provide some reimbursement -- but I always tell my patients that if that should happen, it would be Christmas in July.

Dr Jacobs

Offline SATHTHISSH

Yes i agree the Post Article is Fine
my doubt is the correction is through only Operation or can we correct through doing regular Exercies
Regards
Sathesh

Offline xelnaga13

Yes i agree the Post Article is Fine
my doubt is the correction is through only Operation or can we correct through doing regular Exercies
Regards
Sathesh

You would have more luck with your question if you created a separate thread.

Offline dark_nite

• Posting Member
Hey Dr. Jacobs,

cool article. I just had gyne surgery and I am recovering now for 2 weeks. Keep up the research and great surgical practices, it is definitely good that we have medical professionals who know that the gyne can effect men's psyche.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024