Author Topic: My dairy on Gynecomastia surgery experience (Bangalore)  (Read 15663 times)

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
----------------------------------------------------------
DAIRY PART 1 : Weighing my options

Hello guys,
            I am 28 years old now and live in Bangalore India. I've had gynecomastia since puberty.  When I was in high school doctor told me that there is chance that it might go away naturally as I grow up and hormones are balanced. But it still remains.
            I could never take off my shirt or go swimming because of this and I always felt like a mutant. In fact I still haven't learn swimming.

I found out about surgical options a couple of years ago, but was too scared to go ahead with it. But after reading several stories and seeing hundreds of  pre and post op pictures I was  encouraged and decided to see a surgeon.

I searched for surgeons in Bangalore and found a few names that were talked about on various forums.

1. Anatheshwar (MANIPAL hospital)
2. Naveen Rao (APPOLO hospital)
3. Mysore Venkatesh (has his own cosmetic clinic)

After  a lot of research I decided to go with doctor Dr. Naveen Rao as has impressive training and background in breast reduction and gynecomastia surgeries.

------------------------------------
FIRST consultation
------------------------------------
       On my first visit Dr Naveen Rao explained to me the various category of gynecomastia (which is based on severity of the condition)
- He then explained the causes of this condition and the various types of surgical treatments (excision ,liposuction, lipo + excision etc)
- He also explained that gynecomastia is not detrimantal to physical health but rather could cause socio-psychological issues due to shyness, inhibition or sometimes depression.
-He clearly outlined the risks involved and possible side effects of surgery if not done correctly
   1. scarring
   2. crater deformity
   3. uneven chest

I was diagnosed with type 2 B gynecomastia requiring lipo+excision.

He has asked me to think over it and get back to him if I decide to go ahead (provided I pass medical tests)

Dr. Naveen had deep insights into gynecomastia surgery who has undergone trainings in Germany, and also a registered surgeon with SAPS[USA]membership.

I am convinced to go ahead with him as he seems to understand what the final outcome should look like. I feel he understands what can go wrong in the surgery and will take appropriate measures to avoid those side effects. So I have decided to go with Dr. Naveen.

In the coming weeks I will post follow-up details and also pics later when I go for surgery.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:53:10 AM by MUTANT_CHEST »

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member

DAIRY PART 2 : The fear within
Hey guys,
         I did a lot of thinking after my first consultation I am still nervous and scared.
I keep asking myself:
What if I get a ugly scar?
What if I get a crater deformity or uneven chest ?
what if .....

But I would never know, If I don't go for the surgery. I certainly cant live with it, as it inhibits my confidence. So I decided to go for the surgery and informed the doctor about the same. He asked me to come-in for some blood test and said that he would perform surgery only if the test results are OK.

I submitted the samples and the results are due tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:01:28 AM by MUTANT_CHEST »

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Those thoughts are normal. I had them too but in the end I decided I would much rather live with a small scar than to continue living with gyne. and before my surgery my chest was not symmetrical anyway, so the thought of it being slightly uneven post-op didn't change my mind.  It was well worth the risk. I'm almost 4 weeks post op and I can barely see where they made the incisions.

Best of luck with your surgery. 

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Thanks for the support srnd2012 !

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
DAIRY PART 3 : The final Journey (The  surgery)
Hey guys,
         I would like to continue my story further. After my pre-surgery tests were done the Dr. gave clearance for surgery. The ball was in my court. I had to decide on the surgery date.

After a few deliberations I decided that it was time! I have lived with this thing for almost 14 years now and it was about time to get rid of it. So I decided that getting rid of the gynecomastia would be the ultimate Christmas gift I could ask this year (after all it had taken away my freedom to go swimming and wear tight Tees for 14 years).

I decided to go for it and booked for surgery on 17th December. I was asked to come-in early at 5 AM to the hospital. I was admitted to the general ward and soon the nurses came in to prepare for surgery. I was asked to wear the patient's gown and my chest was shaved with a razor. After about half an hour the nurse told me that the Operation Theater was ready and I was wheeled in to the OT.

I was nervous and shaky as this was the first time I had seen an OT.I was waiting outside to be wheeled-in to the room. Soon a lady greeted me outside the OT introducing herself as the anesthesiologist and I was more scared now wondering what she was about to do to me.  My surgeon was waiting for me inside the OT and he sensed that I was scared. He calmed my nerves and marked the areas to be operated with a marker. He helped me while I was given anesthesia. No sooner did anesthesiologist say  "your are going to get dizzy", I was out cold. That was the last thing I remember at the OT.

I woke up around 4 hours later with bandages on my chest. I remember the nurses trying to wake me up, asking me if I wanted to see the tissue that was removed. I said yes and they showed me a glass jar with gland tissue in it (looked sort of like chicken meat with fat). I was wheeled back into the general ward for recovery.It took about 6 hours to recover and become ambulatory. The doctor then approved my discharge once I was able to walk without nausea or giddiness.

So I am glad to announce that I underwent the surgery successfully yesterday (17th December) with Dr. Naveen Rao as my surgeon at Apollo Hospital Bangalore. I will soon upload the pre-op and post-op pictures as the healing process will take about a month. I am required to wear a compression vest during this time to help prevent fluid formation and even out the skin excess after surgery.

Thank you guys ! All of you who have posted your comments and experiences here at gynecomastia.org . If it wasn't for the encouragement from your experiences I never would have made up mind to go for surgery.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:56:55 AM by MUTANT_CHEST »

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
-----------------------------------------------
Pre-op

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Post-op : WEEK 1

- Mild pain and irritation in operated area.
- Visited my surgeon for follow-up after 48 hours after surgery. No fluid build-up or any other complications so far.
- Compression vest worn at all times after surgery (removed vest to take picture).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:09:47 AM by MUTANT_CHEST »

Offline Delivered

• Posting Member
Thanks for sharing. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Post-op : WEEK 2
- Pain has subsided with-in a week of surgery
- Mild swelling in operated area (around nipple region)
- Nipples are numb and will probably remain that way for a month

Happy to see that after surgery the nipples are no longer puffy .
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:58:55 AM by MUTANT_CHEST »

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Front view comparison of pre-op and post-op week 2

Top    : is Pre-op pic

Bottom : post-op week 2

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Right view comparison of pre-op and post-op week 2

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Left view comparison of pre-op and post-op week 2

Offline Delivered

• Posting Member

Offline MUTANT_CHEST

• Posting Member
Preliminary results look good to me too. But the final result will only show after a few months.

I am really happy that the nipples are no longer puffy . Its like a wish come true.

I am glad that I decided to go for surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024