Author Topic: New to this forum  (Read 1043 times)

Offline SeanT

First let me say it's great to have stumbled across this site. It definitely reminds me I am not alone in this battle. Having been androgen deprived from a bilateral orchiectomy about five years ago my breast started to slowly grow. I have no idea what cup size I am but let me say they are now more than a handful. My wife said it was time to get some support or else I'd sag like an old woman. I first wore a compression shirt (horribly uncomfortable in the summer heat) but shifted to a sports bra. My problem with the sports bra is that it seems to have spread my breast out to where I have as much boob on the side as in the front. Anyway, as I see here dealing with gynecomastia is an ongoing struggle. 

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Welcome - as you may well know, you have two options - surgery or acceptance.  Many men that have taken the acceptance route, as you may have noted in reading this forum, wear bras for support.  And many have concluded that compression garments or sports bras are not that comfortable and have decided to wear a regular bra.  This can be a tough decision.

If you have your wife's backing for some kind of support garment , that is a big plus.  

Offline SeanT

Welcome - as you may well know, you have two options - surgery or acceptance.  Many men that have taken the acceptance route, as you may have noted in reading this forum, wear bras for support.  And many have concluded that compression garments or sports bras are not that comfortable and have decided to wear a regular bra.  This can be a tough decision.

If you have your wife's backing for some kind of support garment , that is a big plus. 
The wife's acceptance is really not an issue as she has always been incredibly supportive throughout my health ordeal. I don't have any problem with wearing a regular bra other than I wouldn't care for something lacy or frilly. Now I can't say I'm at the acceptance stage just yet but on the other hand I'm really not that embarrassed anymore. I've read through a number of posts here and gleaned some suggestions on choosing a bra. The few sports ones I have are cheap and squish rather than support and I think it's time to give a regular women's bras a go. I'll see what the wife has to say, but I doubt she'd take issue with it. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024