Author Topic: Dating a doctor  (Read 7144 times)

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
lol @ skyhawk as if that is even remotely the same thing. also anyone who thinks doctors don't tell little white lies like the rest of is is delusional, they are just people after all. i would be seriously considering the tattoo option if i were you. have you ever considered one? perhaps if you covered one successfully the other wouldn't be as noticable? or you could just go nuts and get 2 or more..

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
Geiri7, my wife is a doctor doing her residency training. When I first met her, before her residency, I was embarrassed to even tell her but she knew whats up. I used to aways wear an under armor shirt. After dating for a few weeks, she told me to stop the fear about my chest and not to worry about the scars from a previous failed surgery, she said not every of us has a perfect body (she does, I think).

She understood that I was embarrassed and she stood by me after the surgery. She took care of me post surgery and after the final surgery, she said that I look great. Think about it, if you are honest and tell her how you feel about it, she will understand. And if you guys become more serious, she will be your other half so you must trust her.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Excellent post BigLou.

Manic...Actually I do agree with you that doctors do tell white lies. I've wittnessed it more than once. So I am not delusional. Yes, they are people, but there are a few ( and I mean few) physicians and people in this world who do live by a higher standard.

If another person (doctor or whomever) encourages me to cover up the truth with misrepresentations to avoid embarrasment, that tells me that the person advising me has it in their character to manufacture stories, and I lose trust in that person. Its not grand fraud. Just a loss of trust.

However previously, the forementioned physician made yet another statement in one of his posts. Anyone with an indepth knowledge of gynecomastia would have taken note. It never ceases to amaze me what human beings will say when there is a sale to be made. I guess thats just human nature. But who am I to talk. I am far from perfect.... Just ask my wife.     

Offline normexcept

• Bronze Member
Be Truthful if asked.  If not asked, don't worry about it.

Lies require more lies to support or fix them.  Truth just needs more detail if needed.  It's a lot less stressful and you don't have to rememeber what you said the last time.

This is a medical condition and is nothing to be ashamed of with our partners.  You actually have an advantage being she is a Doctor.  If for some reason she can't handle the truth on this perhaps she isn't the right person for the long term.  Better to find out sooner than later.

Norm

Offline nipman

• Posting Member
Dont be honest!  Why would you tell someone you had titties?  Come up with a well executed lie or get a tattoo.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024