Author Topic: Gynecomastia and other problems  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Notquitesure

I am 26 and researching this for the first time...

I have always had the following problems:

Gynecomastia.  It isn't terrible, but noticeable through t-shirts and polo shirts.  I usually use athletic tape or undershirts with safety pins to try and hide the gyne.  I haven't been to a public beach or pool in probably 3-4 years.

I have no upper body strength - I lifted weights for 1.5 hours a day, 4 days a week and never developed any muscle mass in my arms or chest

I have almost no upper body hair and little facial hair, sporadically placed

I have a very low libido, interested in sex every 2-3 days and it takes me a long time to climax

One of my testicles is 2X as big as another

What should I do to get tested?  I am not comfortable going to my workplace doctor and would prefer to see someone independent.  Money is not an issue right now.

Thanks for any opinions....

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Look up an endocrologist in the area and he'll fix you up. There's a guy on these boards named "hypo" is an expert at this kinda stuff. Just tell him your area and he'll give you like ten to go to.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Notquitesure

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
California Endocrinologists and Doctors (Hormonal Treatment)  

Lisa Snow MD 350 30th St.
Oakland CA 94906
(510) 763-4307

Kenneth Peters MD
South Drive Medical Clinic
515 South Drive #15
Mountain View CA 94940 (650) 961-9430

Charles Moser
45 Castro Street Ste 125
San Francisco CA94114 (415) 621-4369

Renata Smilo MD
2645 Ocean Ave Ste 207
San Francisco CCA 94132 (415) 333-9984

Dr. Jeff Sandler, MD
4065 3rd St. San Diego, CA (619)497-6188
Dr. Eric Gold, MD 7930 Frost St.
San Diego, CA (619)287-9334

Offline Notquitesure

Thanks!  Are any of these symptoms treatable in any fashion?  Is surgery really the ONLY gyne cure?

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Well, to me, it seems that your hormones are off. You absolutly need to fix this before even considering surgery. Once this is fixed (through meds), your gyne may shrink. If it doesn't shrink, and it still bothers you, go ahead with the surgery.

Good luck!

Offline hypo

Graham the issue for notquitesure here is not about surgery at this time but investigating his hormonal helath.

I would appreciate it if we could leave this issue for now in order to deal with the matter at hand.

Blarney can I ask, do those endocrinologists deal with reporoductive endocrinology?

I only ask because it would be best for this man to see someone who is used to dealing with such issues.

If they do great, if not, not to worry I can get the details of ones that do.

Notquitesure,

Sorry to be talking about rather than to you there.  

I myself have low testosterone, hypogonadism as it is termed and am on treatment.  Even if you do have such problem a problem, I should tell you that most problems are very treatable.

I will PM you with some relevant information later today.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 08:27:40 AM by hypo »

Offline Youngboi

• Posting Member
I think abnormal testicle growth (or shirkage) can be a serious sign of a tumor. You need to get that tested immediatly. Cancer in your balls sucks >.<

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First, leave the tape alone.  It can tear the skin and leave scars.   Then you'll have mutilated breasts.

When I was trying to keep mine hidden (Which I did for years)  I would wear a tee shirt that was slightly too small under a buttoned up loose fitting shirt that was perhaps a bit too large. Now I just dress for comfort.

You really need to see an Endocrinologist.

More important that what is on your chest, is what is going on between your ears.  Do whatever it takes to keep a good attitude.
Grandpa Dan

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Well it could be testicular cancer or it could be a number of other things.  I don't know where Blarney got those endocrinologists (google?) but I'd see an AACE certified endo that hypo has the contact information for.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
yeah i just googled them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024