Author Topic: Group shower areas  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Lewisrose93

I'm looking for some wisdom. I've been living in my car for about a month now and I've been going to the YMCA every day to shower because my insurance covers my gym membership. Unfortunately, the showers are basically one giant room with shower heads lining the walls, no curtains or privacy. At first I showered with my compression shirt on, but I just felt even more conspicuous that way so I've been showering with it off.

My chest is awfully big, and every time somebody walks in I feel scared that they're going to notice/stare/ask questions, etc. (Though it seems like so far nobody has paid attention.) This is a new experience for me because I did all of highschool online, and have been able to avoid these kinds of situations until now.

Is it normal for others to ignore this/not pay attention in the locker room? Should I expect people to hassle me eventually? I'm just uncertain if I should/could let my guard down and allow myself to be comfortable.

TomJones

99% of guys will be oblivious to the fact you have breasts unless they themselves have breasts. You are more conscious of your own body imperfections than other people.
Guys look away from each other anyway in a bathing area.
Shower away.
Tom

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
Don't worry about it man. Even if someone should have a snide remark just look past it. Like Tom said bath and have fun man!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Igotum,

Post school environment, 99% of men ignore my D/DD breasts in the shower and locker room and elsewhere.  It's only in a group in some circumstances, that one of them will act like a bully to show off.  Other guys with gyne almost always notice as they are sensitized to it.  I go back and look at pictures of my grandfather, with a summer place in Maine and realize he had gyne, very obviously and very tanned.  He didn't wear a shirt at all on the lake all summer weather permitting.  I didn't even notice at the time as it was entirely normal and was treated that way by everybody.   

The guys in the shower are all worried about their body shames and problems, not yours.  If everybody in the shower were in their 50s or so half the guys would have gyne.

The rare person that says anything may often be coming from concern and compassion.  Others genuinely need a little friendly education.  Only a few nasty ones remain as we age who need to be shot down.  Good luck.   Don't let the bastards wear you down.  Have fun.  A mixed gender shower usually gets rid of all problems.

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
Alchemist,
I have never had anyone make a remark to me. I am 68 and only had breasts 3 or 4 years. I am big C to D size and don't care what people think about me. I just wish I could help some of these younger guys get past shame or whatever is a problem to them. There is nothing to be ashamed of.

hammer

Actually, it the guys that say things to us guys with gyne who should feel shame, after all they'er the one acting like jackasses!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The maturity of the people involved makes all the difference. The High School Locker room seemed like a chamber of horrors. But the showers at in Basic Training no one made a dig deal of it or even seemed to notice.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Lewisrose93

Thank you everyone. :) It's a relief to read so many reassuring comments.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024