Author Topic: Bra Options  (Read 18612 times)

hammer

I have found that most stores like Walmart, bed, bath and beyond are a couple examples that have "as seen on TV" stuff. You can get a bra like the Genie or magic and another is the ahh-ah bra, without buying so many and spending so much to try them out.

It is amazing the difference a bra makes! If people that didn't need one could find out what a difference they made, maybe they wouldn't be so quick to criticize us that do need them and choose to wear them.

Jason13820

It is amazing the difference a bra makes! If people that didn't need one could find out what a difference they made, maybe they wouldn't be so quick to criticize us that do need them and choose to wear them.

I agree... after getting used to it, I can't imagine leaving the house in the morning without a bra on.

hammer

My wife and I just got home from buying a couple! She got two and I got a new front closing Just My Size, Style: 18372, Retail style number: 1107. This one feels very comfortable! If it continues it may be me favorite! I like the smooth back!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:41:09 AM by hammer »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am fortunate in that I do not need one on a regular basis. I have worn a bra when engaged in mountaineering and backpacking as it helped keep things in place and was more comfortable than not wearing one.

The people who are most outspoken against it are people who deem it purely a female garment and who probably could not fill one in any case. When it is viewed simply as a support garment, and support is called for; the prejudices against it disappear.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I had a bit of a hard time at first getting used to it, but now I rarely notice during the day.  I am still concerned that it is seen, but I don't think it will be.

I am fortunate in that I do not need one on a regular basis. I have worn a bra when engaged in mountaineering and backpacking as it helped keep things in place and was more comfortable than not wearing one.

The people who are most outspoken against it are people who deem it purely a female garment and who probably could not fill one in any case. When it is viewed simply as a support garment, and support is called for; the prejudices against it disappear.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Are the cups visible thru the front not being smooth?  I don't see picts of the back, but that is more or less what I am looking for.  I want a reg style bra that the straps aren't being pulled around my neck being seen.  But I don't want strap adjusters in back to be seen either.  Rare if not impossible to find front close, smooth cup, front adjust and in a size that works for me.

My wife and I just got home from buying a couple! She got two and I got a new front closing Just My Size, Style: 18372, Retail style number: 1107. This one feels very comfortable! If it continues it may be me favorite! I like the smooth back!

hammer

Bman, there are adjustments for the shoulder straps on the back and it is somewhat noticeable, but not as much as a back hook bra. I am wearing a t-shirt, a heavier or button down shirt will most likely hide the back totally. As for the front, I can't hide anything, anyway, no way as I am to big! I like to say my boobs require their own zip code and they arrive to our destination long before the rest of me! I am actually bigger then the DD but using a DD bra helps minimize my breast.  My size is 46H, however, depending on the bra I find that it may very on the size. The front close I buy a 52DD and the other style Just My Size I like 50DD. The front close runs a little smaller in size and I do not like them to tight.

I hope this helps. I am getting much more at ease about being out in public with my bra on! As I said, I can't hide them from the front and they actually look smaller and better, and less noticeable in a bra because they are not jumping, swaying and bouncing all around. Also as you well know, they sure feel better!

Offline options

A possible solution might be the Male Support Vest from Enell.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I agree, the lack of movement and somewhat reduction in size is what I prefer.  I had an dr appt tonight and had to take off (I do prior to), and I just don't like it.

I couldn't imagine DD's, B's (nearly C) are more than enough.  What was the cause? 

Bman, there are adjustments for the shoulder straps on the back and it is somewhat noticeable, but not as much as a back hook bra. I am wearing a t-shirt, a heavier or button down shirt will most likely hide the back totally. As for the front, I can't hide anything, anyway, no way as I am to big! I like to say my boobs require their own zip code and they arrive to our destination long before the rest of me! I am actually bigger then the DD but using a DD bra helps minimize my breast.  My size is 46H, however, depending on the bra I find that it may very on the size. The front close I buy a 52DD and the other style Just My Size I like 50DD. The front close runs a little smaller in size and I do not like them to tight.

I hope this helps. I am getting much more at ease about being out in public with my bra on! As I said, I can't hide them from the front and they actually look smaller and better, and less noticeable in a bra because they are not jumping, swaying and bouncing all around. Also as you well know, they sure feel better!

I haven't seen one, but Enell (as slow as they are to answer) has a sizing vest to mail you (for low cost) to help you dial in the size.  Once you are comfortable with the fit of the sizing vest, then you send it back and buy the real vest, which is around $70-$80 USD last time I checked.  I think they give you credit for the sizing vest which you send back.

A possible solution might be the Male Support Vest from Enell.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

hammer

A possible solution might be the Male Support Vest from Enell.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

I do not know anything about them, but what I have seen of them I don't think they would work for me because of my size. I can't sleep on my stomach because of my breast and I also think they remind me of wearing a bullet proof vest. I don't like wearing them either, but they do hide breast, ask any woman cop.

hammer

What was the cause? Of my big boobs? I guess you have not read my story, "my story after all these years". It is in stories section, but the short form is I lost my testicles two years after a vasectomy. That was in the mid 90's. My breast were already large as a teenager and growing bigger as I aged and in the two years after the vasectomy my t-level dropped to less then a normal level of a female and my breast just blossomed!

Life is grand! Take a look at my story, there is much more!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Will take a look, I haven't read it yet. 

What was the cause? Of my big boobs? I guess you have not read my story, "my story after all these years". It is in stories section, but the short form is I lost my testicles two years after a vasectomy. That was in the mid 90's. My breast were already large as a teenager and growing bigger as I aged and in the two years after the vasectomy my t-level dropped to less then a normal level of a female and my breast just blossomed!

Life is grand! Take a look at my story, there is much more!

Offline options

Thank you for your responses about the MSV.  It sure does look expensive and in reality could probably get a sports bra for a lot cheaper.  I've been doing some looking around online and am considering something like a camisole.  This seems to be a cheaper option for sure!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Yup, lots cheaper.  Supply/Demand.  Not a lot of demand for a MSV and they don't want to get on the hook for a bunch of inventory that is hard to sell.  OTOH, Sports Bras are very common and reg bras far more.  Look at how many models and suppliers of them.  Probably one of the highest ratio of suppliers and models of one type item there is.  99.99% of women wear them, so costs are low.  So most choices there, problem is fit isn't ideal for G, but for some it is.  I find a XL SportsBra as long as it has higher sides, is about perfect fit.  It has some support drawbacks, but overall I get by.

Thank you for your responses about the MSV.  It sure does look expensive and in reality could probably get a sports bra for a lot cheaper.  I've been doing some looking around online and am considering something like a camisole.  This seems to be a cheaper option for sure!

Offline davidinno

• Posting Member
I've been wearing bras for about 2 years, when during a long road trip my boobs hurt so much I had to talk to my wife about it.  She promptly went to Walmart and came back with a selection of items.  Since then I've done a lot of experimentation.

My problem is that my boobs are not very large (measure at 40B+ but regardless don't fill a conventional B cup) but incredibly sensitive.  Abrasion is always an issue, they need support to prevent the very annoying stretching feeling which is frequently painful, and (somewhat contradictory) sometimes the "girls" hurt because they feel like they've been smooshed too much.

So my objectives are 1) comfort, 2) concealment, and 3) cheap.  I've tried the camisole-type garments and have found that, unless they have a shelf bra, the garment moves with the body and not the boobs, so do not help with abrasion at all. (However, I do have a few camis that I use occasionally in the probably mistaken belief that they are less noticeable by the TSA....but that's a whole other issue.)  I don't fit structured bras very well, it's hard to find reasonably priced 40A's, and I don't like the quite noticeable hardware anyway.  So sports bra-type garments are what I focus on.

I am usually wearing a bra of this type, even to bed: a very light  pullover thing by Barely There which does not provide much support at all but prevents abrasion (these are getting hard to find, though).  During the day, I usually use a Danskin bra (sold in 2-packs at Walmart) that is pretty light but provides sufficient support and abrasion resistance for most days.  Sometimes I feel like I want them held more firmly and use a regular Champion sports bra (current favorite is the "double dry shiny seamless" model which has a lot of stretch in both directions).  But also sometimes they're just tired of being smooshed (seems to be the case a lot recently for some reason) and I would just like them "held."  This is where the Genie bra seemed to fill the bill...it fit well, with just the right amount of support without too much pressure.  And as I said elsewhere, it feels even better if you use the pads that come with it, but you have to be ok with the increased projection.

I know it seems like large collection to maintain, but different circumstances demand different responses.  Also, I have a hell of a lot fewer bras than my wife has pairs of shoes.

Sorry for the dissertation, but I thought I might save somebody some time and money by sharing this.  Hope it helps.  BTW, the vast majority of guys on this board are cool to try so hard to help others, especially the young guys for whom this condition is an all-consuming curse.  So props to you (and especially to Merle who started it all).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024