Author Topic: What would you do in my situation?  (Read 2907 times)

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
I won't go into too much detail but.. I'm 18 years old, had gyno for 5-6 years. Really affects my life, won't remove my shirt in public, can't wear a single t-shirt and feel comfortable (I wear a compression vest underneath what I wear), never had a girlfriend because of it etc. Had an op already for it on NHS, didn't take enough out and so still not happy with my chest and still affects me in the same way. Won't have the operation done again unless I have it done with Karidis as I don't want to risk another bad result or being in a situation which can't be fixed.

Now I think I CAN raise the money for surgery with Karidis. It would involve selling my car and possibly a few other things. I don't NEED my car, although it's nice to have and gives me freedom etc. If it affected you this much, what would you do?

Like to hear opinions of people who are both pre-op and post-op.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would always be reluctant to recommend a second surgery unless the first job was really bad. Each time the same area is operated on the capacity to heal is diminished and the scars become more obvious.

What I would recommend is that you try to get a truly impartial opinion from a medical professional. They would have to be impartial in that whatever they say will not have any effect on your relationship and they would not be involved in any way with your future treatment.

I looked at several of your old postings here and found no photos nor did I find any references to photos. I do not usually give pictures too much weight because posture can make the image very misleading. In your case, I think some pictures would help.
Grandpa Dan

DeeDubStyle619

It affects me alot. I wouldn't sell my car, because I need it to work. I am 22, and had it since 13. I dont go to the beach, and hardly go swimming. I wear single shirts, because I am fortunate enough to have minor puffy nipples. Not to jinx myself, but sometimes I wish my case was more noticeable, just so I would have found this site sooner, and to really motivate me to get the surgery. I was at the point where I knew my case was minor compared to alot of others, and didnt know if it was worth spending $5000+ on surgery. I really want to move out and get my own place, but know I won't be able to afford surgery after I move out. I am saving for surgery now, then moving on with my life after.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
I would always be reluctant to recommend a second surgery unless the first job was really bad. Each time the same area is operated on the capacity to heal is diminished and the scars become more obvious.

What I would recommend is that you try to get a truly impartial opinion from a medical professional. They would have to be impartial in that whatever they say will not have any effect on your relationship and they would not be involved in any way with your future treatment.

I looked at several of your old postings here and found no photos nor did I find any references to photos. I do not usually give pictures too much weight because posture can make the image very misleading. In your case, I think some pictures would help.

Look at the thread in my link. Their should be some pictures of before and after in there? Unless they've disappeared.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I can't find any pictures.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
There's pictures on page 9 as it says in the title, I can see them fine? (They're uploaded on imageshack with thumbnails in the thread.)

Give them time to load!  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024