Author Topic: Any way to avoid Lipo  (Read 2582 times)

Offline David D

I had glandular excision surgery last August, lately I have been running a lot and have lost a good amount of weight and some muscle. I have noticed that my chest hasn't really gone down that much in relation to the rest of my body. I assume that this is breast tissue from my gynecomastia. Is there any way at all to rid myself of this excess tissue without getting lipo? I developed gynecomastia in March of 08 if that helps at all. I would really like to avoid the pain, money, and time of surgery. 

I abused steroids and developed gynecomastia in March of 08. The glandular excision surgery I had was successful in that my nipples are no longer puffy by I still have quite a bit of breast tissue.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 06:15:23 PM by David D »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Contrary to the claims of people who sell a variety of products which they tout to reduce Gynecomastia, selective spot reduction is simply not possible.

One unfortunate truth is that the breast area is one of those places where we store fat. As you have found, the body does not shed fat in the places where we would most like to lose it.

If you have been following the site for a while, you would have noticed repeated admonitions to lose weight prior to surgery rather than after.

At this point, Lipo is the only way to refine or sculpt your chest.

There is something else going on here. You claim that your Gynecomastia developed in March, followed by gland excision in August, followed by weight loss and consideration of Lipo in April. The total time line here is only 13 months. This seems quite fast and highly unusual to me. Could you explain?
Grandpa Dan

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Once, the gland has been removed it is very rare for it to come back unless due to medical conditon or drugs.
Did the surgeon remove most of the gland ?

DrBermant

I had glandular excision surgery last August, lately I have been running a lot and have lost a good amount of weight and some muscle. I have noticed that my chest hasn't really gone down that much in relation to the rest of my body. I assume that this is breast tissue from my gynecomastia. Is there any way at all to rid myself of this excess tissue without getting lipo? I developed gynecomastia in March of 08 if that helps at all. I would really like to avoid the pain, money, and time of surgery. 

I abused steroids and developed gynecomastia in March of 08. The glandular excision surgery I had was successful in that my nipples are no longer puffy by I still have quite a bit of breast tissue.

That is why weight loss before surgery is typically better than after.  You cannot control where the weight comes from.  That is the power of using weight loss as a coarse tool and reserving Plastic Surgery for refinement.

Male Chest Liposuction can refine remaining fat on the chest.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024