Author Topic: Sigmund Freud: "Anatomy is Destiny" (1924)  (Read 1633 times)

Offline gotgyne

One of the effects of T therapy is that the body tries to balance the increase in T by increasing its own production of E, and this elevated E doesn't subside as quickly as TRT, so the body is left with excess E, and the consequential effects.  If  there are any other factors at play (co-morbidities, various prescriptions, alcohol consumption or marijuana usage, etc.) the feminization may be exacerbated.  These are in addition to the side effects of T mentioned in other posts here.
So .... for me, especially with my health condition, no TRT.
Possible positive effects of HRT with testosterone as increased libido and sometimes better erections do by far not outweigh the negative effects as a greater risk of prostate cancer, aggressive behavior and so on. No, I need something to calm down, therefore estrogen. Breast growth as one of the side effects is desired, water retention is not, but I have it already because of my bad leg veins and wear compression stockings since my 20s.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
One of the effects of T therapy is that the body tries to balance the increase in T by increasing its own production of E, and this elevated E doesn't subside as quickly as TRT, so the body is left with excess E, and the consequential effects.  If  there are any other factors at play (co-morbidities, various prescriptions, alcohol consumption or marijuana usage, etc.) the feminization may be exacerbated.  These are in addition to the side effects of T mentioned in other posts here.
So .... for me, especially with my health condition, no TRT.
Possible positive effects of HRT with testosterone as increased libido and sometimes better erections do by far not outweigh the negative effects as a greater risk of prostate cancer, aggressive behavior and so on. No, I need something to calm down, therefore estrogen. Breast growth as one of the side effects is desired, water retention is not, but I have it already because of my bad leg veins and wear compression stockings since my 20s.
Oh my, no T for me!
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Johndoe1

About 15 years ago I inquired about T HRT and was told that with my degree of gynecomastia, even with estrogen blockers, I could expect additional breast growth of one to two cups and was highly discouraged from it. So I did not have it.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

BodyPos34B

For me I was discouraged from taking T because the wife and I were trying to have kids. Was told supplementing T could increase the hormone but wouldn’t be natural and could cause the testes to not produce natural testosterone as much and could cause fertility issues. Figured we’d try the natural options. Foods, vitamins, workouts etc. 

Offline gotgyne

The toy aspect of the discussion is a bit intriguing to me.

Despite the breast growth and other factors showing a real estrogen takeover, i am still fully functional with no loss in desire, (and in fact a bit stronger), but the other half has medical issues of her own and refuses to even let me tough her.

(damn evil frustrating).

At this stage, I have a friend who knows well what is happening and now want me to talk to some Trans advocates.

At times this is overwhelming.
This in relation to your result of the Cogiati test makes in fact sense to contact trans advocates.

Offline taxmapper

If we are looking at this from a strictly psychological standpoint, then perhaps. 

But understand this part of things: 

When quite young I looked to women as a role model, not men. 
The boy aspect came in because when I was still in elementary school my mother had to get counseling for alcoholism and was away for over three months. During that time my grandmother came in to fill that gap. 
She was very Victorian (post Victorian and prudish Edwardian in this instance) and I was prohibited from wearing jeans to school. (long story). 

That time frame installed bit of fear in me that adults called the shots and whatever they said, went. 

Because I was "boy" I was expected to be "boy".  Yet couldn't escape the idea that there was something different. 
Many many instances I looked down, saw the male package and wondered what the hell was it doing there. 

At a young age I was fascinated with the idea of a smooth crotch. Not a bulge. Then as time progressed, the feelings I thought were normal and everyone else had the same views/feelings. 

Sexually attracted to girls and women, the programming for the male side is defiantly there.  But the underlaying aspect of "Not Right" has always been there. 

Today for example, everything except my polo shirt is women's.. And I've been complemented several times todays on looks.  (Unusual at times). 

But I am also slowly letting out a more feminine look as well. 

The structure for my identity and self expression was always rigid and intended to be what was a stubborn loyalty to a fairly conservative ideal. 
with a strong stoic Male Persona, but underneath this side screaming to come out as female, but my body, face and overall looks scream male. 

This in our society may evolve, or pass.  We have a world war to fight unfortunately and on the other end of things we'll find out if this current process holds. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
If we are looking at this from a strictly psychological standpoint, then perhaps.

But understand this part of things:

When quite young I looked to women as a role model, not men.
The boy aspect came in because when I was still in elementary school my mother had to get counseling for alcoholism and was away for over three months. During that time my grandmother came in to fill that gap.
She was very Victorian (post Victorian and prudish Edwardian in this instance) and I was prohibited from wearing jeans to school. (long story).

That time frame installed bit of fear in me that adults called the shots and whatever they said, went.

Because I was "boy" I was expected to be "boy".  Yet couldn't escape the idea that there was something different.
Many many instances I looked down, saw the male package and wondered what the hell was it doing there.

At a young age I was fascinated with the idea of a smooth crotch. Not a bulge. Then as time progressed, the feelings I thought were normal and everyone else had the same views/feelings.

Sexually attracted to girls and women, the programming for the male side is defiantly there.  But the underlaying aspect of "Not Right" has always been there.

Today for example, everything except my polo shirt is women's.. And I've been complemented several times todays on looks.  (Unusual at times).

But I am also slowly letting out a more feminine look as well.

The structure for my identity and self expression was always rigid and intended to be what was a stubborn loyalty to a fairly conservative ideal.
with a strong stoic Male Persona, but underneath this side screaming to come out as female, but my body, face and overall looks scream male.

This in our society may evolve, or pass.  We have a world war to fight unfortunately and on the other end of things we'll find out if this current process holds.
Hun, my circumstances were/are a bit different, but I also was forced to fit into 'boy-mode' against better judgment. 
Conservative upbringings from a different perspective, but equally as restrictive and binding. 

I was just lucky enough to have my grandmother around to raise me girlish until about 14ish. 

One way or the other the estrogen was there doing it's magic. Fighting it in ''boy-mode' for me was a futile battle that I eventually lost. 💞

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member

Imagine that!  Testosterone therapy can ENLARGE BREASTS.  I'm not sure there is any way to leave this hotel... :-*
Late to the party but had to respond to this as it’s exactly my problem! Excess testosterone gets converted to estrogen! During puberty, I started growing breasts and back then when my parents took me to the GP’s, they and I were told it was due to being overweight. I was not “overweight”, yes I was chubby but the reality was I had very high testosterone and my body was in a war with itself trying to balance the testosterone/estrogen war going on. I was pretty strong but would cry at the smallest things. I had muscle but no facial hair. So many contradictions, I loved/hated my chest. It wasn’t till my late 40’s that I was diagnosed with high red blood cell count and misdiagnosed as polycythemia. It wasn’t till my late 50’s that I was finally diagnosed with high testosterone ( almost 1100!). Needless to say, I now have an explanation for many of the contradictions of my life and can finally understand and heal a bit.

P.S. 
I also have all of you to tell me I’m not alone in coming to terms with our past.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024