Author Topic: 22 Y.O athletic male Bilateral GYNO surgery/ General Surgeon  (Read 21778 times)

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
looks good to me bro congrats  ;D has the crater resolved itself? How was it getting your doctor to help get your insurance to cover your surgery?

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Have a look on Youtube under "Kenalog injection for scar tissue".  I saw a video on there that would be right up your alley.  It shows a lengthy scar being injected with Kenalog which will reduce the hypertrophic scar dramatically.  It doesn't take away the redness though I don't think.  For that, you'd want to use a silicone strip that sticks to the scar.  I've got one from Mepiform that I cut into strips just big enough to cover the scar tissue itself.  I need to change it every week, and continue doing this for anywhere up to a year.  But apparently, the stuff works to make scars much less noticeable!  Hope that helps!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline wrestletib

• Posting Member
looks good to me bro congrats  ;D has the crater resolved itself? How was it getting your doctor to help get your insurance to cover your surgery?
the crater kind of resolved itself. No one notices any depression.

I had my DR write a letter to my insurance stating that I needed it done. It was affecting my life by means of work and daily activities such as shower/jogging (kind of exaggerated the pain to the doctor. But it was the only way)

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
Hey man, looks pretty good to me.

I just had surgery done on Wednesday buy a plastic surgeon.

How long after your surgery did you start working out? Heavy chest workouts?

Offline wrestletib

• Posting Member
Hey man, looks pretty good to me.

I just had surgery done on Wednesday buy a plastic surgeon.

How long after your surgery did you start working out? Heavy chest workouts?

probably like 6 weeks.

I was on the pretenses of "my chest has a huge crater in it, so i dont give a shit anymore" but everything went better than expected

Offline jb123

• Posting Member
Thanks!

Do you play any sports? I'm kinda looking for an idea of when I can get back to playing Basketball.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024