Author Topic: Perth, Western Australia help  (Read 4126 times)

Offline Blitz_

Hey everyone. I've actually read through some of the contents here before, but only now decided to sign up. I live in Western Australia and am looking for a suitable surgeon / location to have the procedure done. What is everyone else's experience in regards to this?

Are there ridiculously long waiting times to have the procedure done? I'm not sure of the differences in costs between private / public, however i am guessing it would be a fair bit. Saying that, if it meant that I don't have to wait 6 months I would fork out the extra dosh.

I decided to start a new topic for WA because I guess the other thread was straying out of topic.

'sorite1' doesn't seem to be coming back, so does anyone have any experience with Dr. Fitzpatrick? I'm hoping to get it done for under $5-6K if at all possible, with not a great deal of waiting time.

Anyway, thankyou for any help or information you can provide, I hope I can eventually end this problem. I look forward to talking to some of you..

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
hi there, you can find qualified plastic surgeons in wa here : http://www.plasticsurgery.org.au/index.php?option=com_physiciandirectory&func=viewlist&Itemid=0
i have surgery booked with Dr Mark Lee in about a month, as for waiting periods it would depend on the surgeon but i could have had it the following week after the consultation. all up cost is around 7 grand but u might get a bit off from private health insurance or medicare.

Offline Blitz_

$7K is quite a bit, but then again..

How long do you have to wait for the procedure? I emailed Tim Cooper so i am hoping for a reply soon.

Are you hoping to gain much back from medicare?

From this forum

"If you earn an income and pay tax. your eligible to recieve a 20% on the net costs of any medical surgery over $1500."

With that, and medicare refund through surgeon's fee, anaesthetist's fee and hospital fee's, the final price might be significantly better?

Offline Blitz_

Update: I've emailed about 15 surgeons throughout the metro Perth area. Not surprisingly, I have received 15 back pretty pronto with quotes, be it basic or actually detailed. Dr. Lee sounds promising. They sent an attached estimated quote including medicare rebate, suregones fee's, 2-3 night stay at hospital, post procedure care, pressure garment etc. Dr. Fitzgerald is thus far the cheapest at around $1300 for surgeons fee's. On the other hand, Dr. Lee is asking around $4400 from memory. Anyone had any experiences with any of these two?

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
unfortunately once people get surgery they don't tend to hang around these boards if they had a positive result. i can understand why. i feel confident that mark lee will do a good job and my case seems fairly straightforward. ill be posting about results when the time comes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024