Author Topic: Post-op questions  (Read 2510 times)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
Hi All,
A few questions about "how do you feel like" post-op:

1) When will you be completely pain-free post surgery?
2) How long will it take for you to feel normal post-op?
3) When can I start doing normal activities post-op?
4) Is surgery safe?
5) Can it make chest weak? i mean can the muscles get weaker or something..?

TO Merle and Admins,
I know this post may belong to this category.
please leave this  here as I want people who had surgery and doctors to answer these questions.
Thanks guys

Offline titless

• Posting Member
1) When will you be completely pain-free post surgery?
not sure about this one as i am only 3 weeks post op

2) How long will it take for you to feel normal post-op?
im 3 weeks post op and im feeling pretty normal, i can wear tight wife beaters and t's without people thinking anything of it besides "he looks pretty muscley :) "
only annoying thing is i have to wear a compression vest for another week or so, but when its in the wash its god coz i can wear wat i want

3) When can I start doing normal activities post-op?
depends wat your normal activies are. mine was just gym and i only just started late in my second week (only doin incline walking and running, leg training and ab training)
by 2.5 weeks you should be able to do most things that dnt involve to much upper body movment

Is surgery safe?
meh! is anything safe. there are risks dude but they are soooo worth it. i had a heamatoma after my surgery. it hurt like a bitch then but im fine now

Can it make chest weak? i mean can the muscles get weaker or something..?
i seriously doubt that man, all they do is take out fat and/or gland, they dnt touch the muscle. you will loose strenghth in the weeks when your recovering becasue well, your not using upper body strength, just hit the gym and u;ll be back in no time, well thats my plan anyway

hope that helped dude (surgery is definately worth it
17 years old
gyne victim for 5 years
gyne free 24th feb 2009
!!!!!!tight tank under tee!!!!!

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
What about running, how long till I can do that? I usually like to run 2-3 miles a few times a week. The worst part is that I wont be able to play tennis for a while, its my favorite class.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
Thanks titless for your reply. Hope you are enjoying your titless life :)
regarding your reply to query 1, it seems I can take it that you are still getting some pain at times...
Could somebody pls respond to question 1.

Offline AussieLiberation

I'm not getting any pain 7-days post op. To be honest once tubes were taken out on day 3 there is nothing more than mild discomfort in my experience, predominantly from the compression vest.  ;D

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 04:50:55 PM by AussieLiberation »

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
I'm 4 days post-op and pain free.  I was prescribed some painkillers but only took Tylenols on post-op day 1.

Like the previous poster, my only discomfort is the stupid compression vest!  I hate this thing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024