Author Topic: What financing interest rate were you offered?  (Read 4847 times)

Offline gggg

• Posting Member

Hey, has anyone successfully obtained credit from medicard or credit medical? If so, what was your annual interest rate?

I was just approved for 10k with an annual interest rate of 23%. I've never seen a rate so high, is this typical of medical financing? The agreement says I'm required to pay over 20k during the course of the loan ($298 for 72 months).

Offline gggg

• Posting Member
so after some negotiating, I've been approved for a 10k loan at 17.95%. I'll be paying a total of 15k (so 5k in interest) over the next 4 years. the financing options suck in canada but at least its way better than what they first offered me.

Offline wj74

• Posting Member
Ouch.  Dude, thats really expensive.  Other options would be a line of credit, home equity line of credit, even a low interest rate CC would be better.  Is the loan at least open or are you locked into those payments?  A CC is at least open and flexible with payments - minimum payment to payment in full. 

All that said, I've had the surgery and it's changed my life.  Mine cost 4700$ in Canada and I would do it again.  10K seems excessive, check out Dr Barr in Sudbury.  He did an amazing job and the customer service is incredible.  I was knocked out and had lypo w excision.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024