Author Topic: Don't Touch My Nipples!  (Read 6060 times)

Offline gynecomastiabreastredux

• Posting Member
  • Don't live with a mistake
    • Gynecomastia Breast Reduction
I hate having my nipples touched. I was standing outside of a bar today. The night got chillier, so of course everyone started noticing and touching everyone else’s nipples. As hands went around the group, I was suddenly grabbed by a friend.

I’m always paranoid that someone is going to be able to feel the oddity of my breasts when they grab my nipples. I recoil, cave my chest in and swat away hand the best I can. I always wish that I had nice pecs and normal nipples, so I could wear tight shirts.

I’m beginning to wonder how much of my slouching is due to a conscious or subconscious attempt to hide my gynecomastia.

Does anyone else have this experience?
Read my blog: www.gynecomastiabreastreduction.com
20-something gynecomastia patient
Navigating my way through surgery and sharing my thoughts

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Slouching, wearing several layers of clothing (even in warm weather), taping nipples so they are flat, binding oneself with Ace wraps, wearing compression garments, etc -- all are methods that I have seen and heard of.  Some men even deliberately become obese, because the larger abdomen will "mask" the large chest.

You are not alone in attempting to hide your problem.  If it is significant concern to you, then perhaps you should seek advice with a plastic surgeon who is skilled in gynecomastia surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator

"I hate having my nipples touched. I was standing outside of a bar today. The night got chillier, so of course everyone started noticing and touching everyone else’s nipples. As hands went around the group, I was suddenly grabbed by a friend."

I tend to wonder about the crowd you run around with. While I have had individual instances where some nut grabbed at my breasts, these things happened in settings such as the High school Gymnasium and they were not common. I have never even heard of a situation such as you have described.

Unless you hang around with a bunch of real perverts, an event such as you describe above is not likely to ever take place.
Grandpa Dan

Offline gynecomastiabreastredux

• Posting Member
  • Don't live with a mistake
    • Gynecomastia Breast Reduction
I'm gay and my friends are very touchy feely. It's mostly a sign of affection and play. I don't mind it, except when they touch my nipples, obviously.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Just tell your pals not to touch your nipples and that you don't like it...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
GB is right on the mark, it really can be that simple.

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I've seen patients slouch to hide the effects of gynecomastia. Kyphosis (aka Hunch back) is one such result.  In some patients even when the G is corrected the Kaphosi's does not go away. It becomes a "learned" behavior that needs to be "unlearned" in some individuals.

There are compression garments that may be worn which may be more effective.   
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024