Author Topic: ok, i have gynecomastia  (Read 1810 times)

Offline DARK LYRICS

• Posting Member
ok everyone been reading some of the topics here, but i just got insurance from this new job i got , so tell me, whats the first thing to do to finding out why i have gynecomastia what kind of doctor should i go to ???? and what will they do so i know when i go???

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
insurance is a long shot, they usually cop out and call it cosmetic.  look for experienced gyne surgeons in your region, unless you're willing to travel farther.  there's good posts here about questions to ask you can search up, main thing is the person's done lots of this and understands the importance of appearance and good technique, don't use a general surgeon who does this occasionally no matter what they say.  read around here a little more, then book yourself for a consultation, maybe even 2-3 different ones if you can. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline DARK LYRICS

• Posting Member
im not talkin about wich surgeon im talkin about a (a doctor to find out why i have gynecomastia) who should i see first and what should i know??

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
If your insurance covers endocrine testing you could do that.  There might be a hormone imbalance but probably not.  Like HHH said, don't think your insurance will pay for it.  I have heard of a couple of people where that worked;  something like one in a million.  Maybe you could play it up like it's excruciatingly painful or something.  Long shot.  Anywho,  endocrinologist wouldn't hurt.

Go to an experienced surgeon.  One who explains what he will do to remedy the problem.  The number one rule is that you need surgical excision of breast tissue (mammary gland).  He should then lipo around the divot made by excision.  Make sure he has before and after pics.  See several surgeons and go with the one with all of these qualities and one with whom you feel the most comfortable with.

That's about it. 
Peacage

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024