Author Topic: feeling bad  (Read 3735 times)

Offline rporter10

• Posting Member
My case of gyno is really moderate... I just have a rather pointy chest, and when I asked my pediatrician about it he told me it was barely noticeable.  Of course, people notice it all the time, and it's very obvious when I take off my shirt.  I can't wear tight clothes because I'm self-conscious, but then again it's not nearly as bad as some people's.  At this point, the only way to get rid of it is through surgery, but I'm starting to feel bad about having surgery for something so minor... I'm even afraid of what the surgeon I'm having a consult with will think.  My parents don't really understand why I want it gone, and I'm even concerned about what my girlfriend will say.  I'm not sure I want to be the kind of person who gets plastic surgery.

Any words of wisdom?

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Don't worry yourself mate!!!! There is nothing bad about having cosmetic surgery for something to make yourself "normal". You aren't trying to make yourself look 10 years younger than you are or anything, it's a "practical" cosmetic surgery if that makes sense. You're doing it to lead a normal life, so you shouldn't think twice about getting it done if your only concern is worrying what other people think.

I had surgery a couple weeks ago and the only person that knows is my mum, I don't regret it one bit and lieing to people about everything has been fairly easy! It's worth it in the end!

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Think of it as this, having gyne is like having a 3rd nut. It's not normal, but it is a part of you. Having surgery to get that 3rd. nut taken out is like taking something out that you don't need(gyne). So what ever you choose, surgery or not, having gyne doesn't make you any different. I mean yeah, you have breasts, but, you're a human being that just happens to be a man who has have puffy nips. Good luck on your decision.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline outkast

• Bronze Member
dave dats some funny shit...!!

Offline GPTkid

• Posting Member
"I mean yeah, you have breasts, but, you're a human being that just happens to be a man who has have puffy nips"
Lmao^

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Nice analogy Dave!!!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Any words of wisdom?

Yeah....

Git'er done dude!!!

Dave8 is right on the money here...  What you have is a 'society perceived' bodily defect. I say 'society perceived defect' as G is not a defect actually. It's quite 'normal' for males to have this condition. However, the society that we live in today views G as something of a 'freakish' nature. This is very SAD!!! G just doesn't fit the 'ideal image' that most men have of themselves. Many men see that flat, dime-sized areola/nipple to be the 'ideal'.

So yeah, for the most part, G is perceived as a defect. A defect, that must be rectified in order for the sufferer to be free of all the gynecomastic related stress/anxieties and lead a psychologically sound life.

As Jackd mentioned, don't worry yourself dude. This is not a 'vanity' issue here. You are in pain psychologically and are in need of medical attention. Who cares if the doctor you get treated by is a PS? What matters is the end result... being gyne free!!!!  Let me tell you my man, it's a awesome felling having 'the curse' lifted! The world seems to be an entirely different place... ;)

As I mentioned above....  Git'er Done!!!

GB

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024