Author Topic: Karidis question - General anaesthetic  (Read 2220 times)

Offline ineedhelp

• Posting Member
i was just wondering, what kind of anaesthetic does karidis use? im a bit afraid of the whole going to sleep thing and wanted to ask what he uses. any karidis patients wish to share their experience? what was used, General anaesthetic or local anaesthetic? i read about General anaesthetic and the risks scare me!

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
i will let you know when i get back m8 - i'm in on the 24th!

Offline THEMIX

• Posting Member
Karidis used general with me and as far as I know always does, however I guess it can be disscussed at the time of consultation. It's not a long procedure so the amount of drugs are not the same as a lengthy surgery wich, in general terms, reduces the risk of complications due to anesthesia.
I hope this helps, I'm new so not very familar with the site. I had surgery on Tuesday and recovering now pretty well.

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
General anaesthetic does carry a risk as all anaesthetics do but it's nothing to be worried about. Anesthetists are highly qualified in it and you'll be in safe hands. I've had general twice now; once for lipo only on the N.H.S and woke up afterwards feeling fine till i stood up and then felt very sick and once again for excision only which afterwards i was absolutely fine. It's kind of wierd as others have said coz one minute you're wide awake and you don't get a kind of drowsy feeling or anything, the next thing you know you're awake and it's all over.

Offline thedomino

• Posting Member
I had it 4 days ago on the NHS and it was fine.
id been pretty worried, but the anaethetists are great. proper chill you out about it.
i was out like a light when it was put in and wakin up felt like you were drunk or something lol.
but it quickly went and i was just tired with a dry throat.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024