Author Topic: NHS OP - Just got home...all done!  (Read 5017 times)

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
  • NHS Gyne' surgery done 7/9/05
    • My pre op' pictures
Hi all, Just  got home this afternoon from having my op at Royal Haslar Hospital Hants, still v v tender and a bit dazed!

Here's a breakdown of events:

February 2005 - Went to see GP told him I wanted rid of these things, gave the full story of how the moobs tare apart confidence and ruin summers etc, he referred me to a plastic surgeon at Haslar Hospital.

June 2005 -  Appointment with PS, who told me surgery won't be a problem and placed me on 6 month waiting list.

September 2nd 2005 - Haslar Hospital called and said they had a cancellation this week and did I want it......

COURSE I DID!

September 6th - Admitted to hospital 10am, on open ward with a load of OAP's having knee and hip op's!
Nothing much happened all day, answered a few questions, took samples and blood pressure etc, was told surgery would be 11am next day.

September 7th-  Saw  Lt Col Nick Bennett plastic surgeon early morning, he used marker pen and drew circles and markers on my chest for the surgery, told me he was going to remove the 'discs' through both nipples, and lipo, he'd also go in under my arms to lipo there too.

Trolly finally came for me at 12:45pm and wheeled me down to theatre. Line went in to hand, oxygen mask on "deep breaths ", and I was gone...

....woke up around 4pm in recovery room, told everything went v well. Apparently they had removed around 600 ml(?) of disc and fat altogether from my chest. They'd managed to get my compression vest on also which must have been a job and a half...

Spent the rest of the day very drowsey nodding off in bed on the ward, getting up to watch the England game at 8 (wish I hadn't bothered!). Couldn't really sleep during the night, every time I rolled over felt like a baseball bat to the chest!

September 8th-  Discharged lunchtime after surgeon came and gave me the de brief. He was v pleased with the op, and told me I'd have a follow up appointment next Thursday, and my dressing and compression vest is to remain on till then. He gave me anti imflamitories and pain killers, and said it will be a couple of months before I see any results..

Can't believe it's all over now to be honest, really want to take the dressing off and see whats been done, but I know I'd be dissapointed right now, coz of the obvious swelling. Still, enough was removed so Id be v surprised if I don't see a difference later this year...

Took some before pic's, will post them as soon as I am able to take some after pics.

thanks for reading!

Offline Tintin

• Posting Member
Nice one mate. I have 8 days to go before mine..I cannot wait!

Offline Mugambo

• Posting Member
Congrats Daytona - another gene bites the dust!!
;D

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
Good show Daytona. Impressed that your surgeon did under your arms as well. Does that mean you have four areas of minor scarring?

Get some pics up mate.

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
    • My pre op' pictures
I've not been able to take a look under the dressing yet to see what's been done, but if I prod about then I can definatly feel what seems to be a pin point area under each arm where they must have gone in with the lypo suction?, and of course each nipple has taken a bashing.

I really want to take a look and see whats been done, my minds racing with images of how I want it to look, and what I will be able to do now, swimming etc!....but in a few months of course......gotta be patient!

I've got my 'before' pics, but not worth taking any 'after' pics and posting them, till you can see whats been achieved. Got my follow up appointment next week, so hopefully the dressing will be off for good, and I can just stick with wearing my compression vest for a bit...

How long did everyone else have to wear the initial post op dressing for?

Offline London_boy

• Bronze Member
  • Op performed by Mr Levick 17/08/05
    • My Photos :
Well done mate, glad everything went okay !!

My post op dressings stayed on for a week.....

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
    • My pre op' pictures
great. I didn't want to wear the dressing for much longer to be honest, wanna see what state my nips are in!!

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
great. I didn't want to wear the dressing for much longer to be honest, wanna see what state my nips are in!!
Ah go on go on go on, stick a few pics of you up with the bandages, I did!

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
    • My pre op' pictures
..awwright then, not much to see right now tho. Have posted a few post op pictures on the link below.

The aching is really dying down now 4 days after the op, hardly any discomfort there now, and bruising is minimal (not used any Arnica gel yet). Feels a little bit itchy under the skin though.

It's my birthday today, and this op is the best presant to myself I could have ever wanted....(almost as good as having a new 52" LCD widescreen....maybe?) :-)

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Congrats on the op  ;D  I was comparable size to yourself, same shape and all.  Now 7 months on from my though I can ya the 52" TV is no where near as good as being boobless.
:D
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
(almost as good as having a new 52" LCD widescreen....maybe?) :-)

I'll let you into a little secret. Buy yourself a 14" portable and stand *really* close when watching it. Same effect!

Here's a serious tip - don't watch too much Sky, or any other channel with a heavy white opaque ident in the left hand upper corner as it 'burns' itself into the LCD array over time.

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
    • My pre op' pictures
I heard about the guy who tried to sue a cable channel over that, their logo burnt in to his new £4k plasma TV.... I'll stick to my cheap-o steam driven antique telly. A 52" LCD TV will never improve whats actually on the TV anyway..

I've just taken a sneaky peak at my chest wounds, and put a couple of new pics up through the link below. I'm pretty pleased with the results already, can see a difference in profile already when compared to last weeks pics. Hopefully that profile is gonna get even better over the next few months!

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
better over the next few months!

It should as your body reabsorbs all that various liquid (blood+saline) still trapped inside.

Which reminds me, I must take a few myself as I'm 'officially' off the compression vest during the daytime after this Friday.

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
    • My pre op' pictures

I must take a few myself as I'm 'officially' off the compression vest during the daytime after this Friday.

...definatly mate, would be good to see how you're coming along.

Offline gynomakesmesad

• Bronze Member
Woah cool. Part of me still wants to go NHS. I don't even know who my GP is though!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024