Author Topic: Questions About Mr Levick  (Read 2298 times)

Offline KJ

• Posting Member
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Just wanted to ask some questions about Mr Levick

1) Is having a local anaesthetic an option with Mr Levick?
2) Are patients discharged the same day as having the operation?
3) Is FiveWays the nearest station to The Priory Hospital?

Many thanks,

KJ

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Hello.

1) No
2) No
2) No idea

ha032742

Have you considered Dr. Karidis...a bit more expensive but if 1 & 2 are deal breakers then he may suit you better?

He has done the op before with the patient under sedation (i.e. you are conscious but don't realise what's going on around you) and you're discharged same day providing no post-op complications/able to pass urine OK after anaesthetic (if you have a general anaesthetic that is otherwise you're good to go if only sedated).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:25:01 AM by ha032742 »

Offline KJ

• Posting Member
Thanks for the information, guys.

ha032742, have you personally seen Dr. Karidis, if so, do you have a link to your story? I would consider seeing Dr. Karidis as I'm just outside of London and going all the way to Birmingham is a bit of a mission!

Thanks.

ha032742

I had my surgery with him last year but haven't written my story up...there are a few others though who have so would recommend searching the forum. If there are any specific questions then feel free to ask me.

ha032742

Here's a recent(ish) write up:
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/20/surgery-done!-with-alex-karidis-31113/

You'll need to copy and paste the link into your browser...for some reason the forum doesn't like the link?

Offline KJ

• Posting Member
Thanks ha032742.

Can I ask:

1)how much you paid? (including consultation)
2)did the fees include blood tests, garments, follow appointments?  3)was there a long wait to get a date for the procedure?
4)most importantly, are you happy with choosing Alex Kardis and the results?

Thanks again, I appreciate you talking the time to help.

ha032742

I paid £4400 give or take, which includes the initial consultation fee (a donation of £100 to St John's hospice based at the hospital, so can't begrudge this), a pre-op blood test at the hospital and x2 compression vests post-op. You could save some money by getting the blood test through your GP instead but as my surgery was booked for the next day had little choice. Also I believe that Dr. Karidis' fees have risen since last year when I had my surgery...I seem to remember someone posting recently that they were quoted over £5k.

Four months down the line I am very happy with the result (just need to cut for summer to get the abs showing!).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:26:22 AM by ha032742 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024