Author Topic: Surgery booked with Paul Levick  (Read 8596 times)

Offline lc98

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

Travelled down to Birmingham today to have a consultation with Paul Levick. Despite a horrible train journey, I walked away extremely satisfied; so much so that I booked surgery with him there and then. I believe he's all booked up for next week but I managed to find a slot for two weeks time, on the 22nd. I overheard a conversation that he's going away to Portugal the week after, so I'm glad I won't have to wait too long. He's a very friendly and funny guy, and definitely makes you feel at ease the entire time. He confirmed that I had a fair amount of glandular tissue which was giving my nipples a 'puffy' appearance, and assured me that I could expect a great result. I took the opportunity to ask him whether or not he removes the entire gland, and what the chances were for recurrence - he confirmed that the technique he uses ensures removal of the entire gland, and that the chances of the glandular tissue becoming stimulated again or growing was virtually non-existent; something I was very happy to hear.

On another note, his wife told me that he'll be retiring in October, so for anyone who is considering surgery with him, you should probably start saving now.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

He said he takes before and after pictures so I'll probably post them once surgery is done.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Best of luck to anyone who's undergoing surgery shortly!

Offline mr_m101

• Bronze Member
Cool, you're in the same day as me :)

Interesting that he's retiring in October. I wonder what will happen with the aftercare once he retires. BMI only covers us for 6 months post-op, but he said at the consultation that he personally covers us for longer than that as recovery can be 12 months+.

Offline mr_m101

• Bronze Member
I need to be there for 8am, so it looks like he'll get to warm up on me!

I'm not too concerned about revisions either, just scar tissue. Hopefully the new guy will take over his current patients though so we don't need to fork out for kenalog if needed. I'll ask in a couple of weeks :)

Offline mr_m101

• Bronze Member
I bought this one - macom-medical.com/products/sleeved-torsofix/56?c=46 From what I've read here, the sleeves help with swelling near the arm pit incisions. It actually comes with full length sleeves rather than the elbow length ones shown in the pic, but they said I can cut them to size without affecting the compression.

I'm at the top end of the large size, so I bought a large. It's very tight, so I assume it's ok. If it gets any hotter, it could be an uncomfortable few weeks in that thing though!

Good luck to you too!

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Hey guys mines in the 15th April im very soon lol but excited you using arnica too??

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Personally I haven't thought all that much into Arnica, I'm not entirely convinced it's worth the effort - a few people swear by it and others say it's useless; a few studies do too.. I'll probably pick some up if I come by it though. Good luck with your surgery mate, you'll have to keep us all updated! It's comforting to know that there's a few people on here that'll be going through the same thing around the same time. I tried to get the 15th but it was fully booked  >:( Ha. You know, right now, I think the hardest part is the waiting - once you get to this stage I think it all drags out! I can't say I'm really nervous or worried, just desperate for it to be over with! Especially now since the weather is picking up and summer is approaching. Can't wait to not have to worry about how my chest looks through or t-shirt; that's if I even wear one :D

Yeah the waiting part is very Annoying I must say lols I'm so nervous now but excited at the sAme time I'll post pics up when I have the surgery. I bought Tshirts all ready lols ha I'm the first up on the 15th hahaha

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
I need to get buying a few t-shirts.. I've spent all my savings on the actual surgery though so I might just have to go bare chested for a while ha. Do any of guys weight train? I've been told I have to avoid it for a good 4 weeks :(  Not too sure how I'm going to control my weight. I've never been fat but I can definitely accumulate some if I don't stay on top of my diet or compensate with exercise.

Sorry I just seen this.
I do weight training 4weeks off is going to suck lol but all worth it at the end. Im taking my ipad I think I remember him saying he has wifi..
I had to pat extra 70 for a camp bed so my mum can stay too :/  how far do you live from the hospital ?

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Ahh yeah lol you'll be fine I'm nervous and excited at the same time it's wierd but we'll both be good by summer is yours mild ?

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Lol hahaha once you paid there's no going back I have 2 days left :/
Mines mild bit do have puffy nips too I have low body fat too dr levick said I had no fat in my chest just glands
I bought some pjs so I can be comfy and tracksuit do t want to go I pn jeans.
I heared if you wear. A shirt it's easier to take off and put on instead of lifting your arms up if you take a tshirt.

I asked if they give you a pre med to calm anxiety she said they don't so I have to deal with it lol

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
just turned 28 wanted it done before i was 30 lol plus going holiday in august with gf so im excited.

yeah im broke too im leaving at 5am weds morning its about 2 hour drive from london really cant wait to get rid of  this puffy nipples :)) good thing with me i have tattoo were the scars would be so it wont show as much i guess  ;D

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:37:40 PM by rotors »

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
There seems to be quite a few people on here who've gone with Levick recently then :) His wife did say that he'd had an influx of patients since the news of his retirement got out. How's your recovery going mate? Seen your chest yet? Hopefully I'll be feeling okay by the time I have to get on the train; 3 hours is a bit of a ball ache waiting to get there and back - especially after surgery, I imagine...

I'm ok just feel dizzy lol had abit of a panic attack when I woke up but I'm fine now everything good lols everyone here is nice and friends got abit off pain woke up from ga 30 mins ago! Lol can't wait to go home tbh

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
You are next on the forum conveyer belt !  ;D  Then I think it's me in a months time.

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Hey you do fine lol your soon to come over the other side hahaha just enjoy it they
 All look after you there you have a button if you want a drink and sky tv lol take shorts I did I got all hot in the room good luck let us know how it went mate

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
I'm so bored though really eager to get back to gym I've been bothering my gf a lot.
Cnt wait for boxing agAin

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024