Author Topic: Surgery at Noa Clinic  (Read 5745 times)

Offline Mrmantusa

• Posting Member
Hi all

I've decided to start the ball rolling with what will be my third gynecomastia surgery in 3 years. I've had my first two with the NHS (second one was a 'revision') and to be honest, my chest looked better before having the surgeries.

I've emailed both NOA and -- for details etc but NOA comes out a little more attractive, due to flights direct from Newcastle. Has anyone been over there lately? I've done my sums and everything seems reasonable but just after a recent account of things really.

Also, do they remove all of the gland?

After suffering with this for years - and more so due to the NHS not doing a good job, I want it gone forever.

Cheers

Joe

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I know only that a man who had surgery at NOA is now complaining and asking how long he needs to wait for a revision surgery.   He did not provide Photographs so I am not sure what his problem is.  But I do know that there is reason enough to be wary. 
I am in the US and yes, I am a conservative.   But it really is true that the best surgery is not the cheapest and if it is free it could end up being the most costly. 
Grandpa Dan

giggsy

Hi all

I've decided to start the ball rolling with what will be my third gynecomastia surgery in 3 years. I've had my first two with the NHS (second one was a 'revision') and to be honest, my chest looked better before having the surgeries.

I've emailed both NOA and -- for details etc but NOA comes out a little more attractive, due to flights direct from Newcastle. Has anyone been over there lately? I've done my sums and everything seems reasonable but just after a recent account of things really.

Also, do they remove all of the gland?

After suffering with this for years - and more so due to the NHS not doing a good job, I want it gone forever.

Cheers

Joe

Hi

I hade my surgery at NOA last month by Dr Marta. Very nice place . And yes, they remove the whole gland. No indentation or craters , just some swelling as expected. 

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
See my thread. Went there in 2015 for my surgery, went there again at the beginning of this month for a minor revision on my left side because after giving it some time it still had a little bit of puffiness in one area (very minor to the point of nobody really noticing it but me!). I was just a bit unlucky with how that side healed I think - the right side was fine - but it should hopefully be fine now once the swelling goes down (2 weeks and 2 days post-op).
The clinic is clean and modern and has a FaceBook group you can join once you're going to be a patient where people can talk to each other and ask questions (or see who else is staying while they're there). If you go to the lovely breakfast cafe at the rear of the building the surgery is in when you're discharged or after your examination on the final day, you'll bump into lots of English patients too, if you didn't bump into them already in the reception area. They seem perpetually booked up for nose and breast jobs and they've done innumerable male breast reduction surgeries as well - they know what they're doing there.

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Plenty of people have had great results at NOA, a search in here should show you the results. Minor issues and revisions can happen anywhere. Since you have had 2 already that might complicate things depending on what the issue is that the other procedures have caused.

Offline Mrmantusa

• Posting Member
So, I'm typing this laying in my bed at the NOA clinic.

My surgeon was Dr Berandt (sp?) who is genuinely a decent bloke. Broke his back 3 weeks ago and only told me after he came to check my dressings 5 hours after surgery haha, but that's a different story.

Too early to tell but it's looking ok. Dressings changed, and laying down it looks amazing, I'm not ashamed to admit I had a little tear in my eye. Hopefully when I see my chest in a full length mirror I'll be able to gauge the surgeons work properly.

I'm in much more pain/soreness than my first two nhs surgeries, but I'm taking that as a good sign. He told me that my chest was full of scar tissue and that the work done previously had clearly no cosmetic thoughts in mind.

I'm shattered so going to sleep for a bit. The place is wonderful, the nurse (Magda, I think) is brilliantly attentive and funny.

I'll provide an update when I can.

Offline carlisle29

• Posting Member
Hi
Im in a similar position to how you were. I got surgery on the nhs 2 years ago in Scotland and the surgeon made a mess. I have one side bigger than the other, craters, saggy areolas which are still large. I considered poland for revision but couldn't get a suitable date and had a bit of fear about travelling so far. Im now considering going private in Scotland. Do you have any pictures? 

Offline Mrmantusa

• Posting Member
Hi,

Sorry, I don't have any pictures. I haven't actually taken any, neither did I do a before and after comparison. I thought that if I did,I'd never been happy so I'm just plodding along with my recovery thankful I no longer have the gynecomastia that's absolutely plagued my life.

I looked at prices at Harley street clinics and sadly, the prices quoted were far too high. The NOA clinic was my compromise and I'm glad I went.

I do have slight cratering in my left pec, however it is only 5 weeks since Op so I'm just getting on with massaging and breaking down the scar tissue.

I must add one more thing - I have asked the doctor a few things (almost three weeks ago) and got absolutely nothing back. I was prepared for this so I'm not really upset about it, but the consensus on the NOA clinic is that you're in and out and goodbye is somewhat true in my experience. I would, however, recommend Dr Berandt a million times over.

Offline Mrmantusa

• Posting Member
For anyone reading this thread;

I’m going back to the clinic in January for a revision. Left side of chest has a lot of tissue underneath however the nipples aren’t puffy.

This will be the 4th attempt to shift this, I’m honestly at my wits end.

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
If you think going to Poland and doing it cheap has no trade off whatsoever in risk.... you're in denial. There is DEFINITELY a higher risk of revisions, complications etc. 
I want this to be clear to anybody considering it, because there is a guy here who went to Poland and then needed a revision and then has the audacity to say "revisions can happen everywhere", yes they can but the difference in degree of risk needs to be understood.

Offline joe7

• Posting Member
If you think going to Poland and doing it cheap has no trade off whatsoever in risk.... you're in denial. There is DEFINITELY a higher risk of revisions, complications etc.
I want this to be clear to anybody considering it, because there is a guy here who went to Poland and then needed a revision and then has the audacity to say "revisions can happen everywhere", yes they can but the difference in degree of risk needs to be understood.

My biggest regret (aside from getting surgery in the first place) is going to Poland instead of a UK surgeon. I wish I'd saved the money and gone with Karidis.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:06:49 AM by joe7 »

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member

My biggest regret (aside from getting surgery in the first place) is going to Poland instead of a UK surgeon. I wish I'd saved the money and gone with Karidis or Vik Vijh.

Yes, that's a good point. I had surgery booked with NOA and everything was confirmed down to flights (£100) and time off work booked. Then I sat down in the coffee shop one day and had a good long hard think... is this really my safest bet? I had 12 grand in the bank that  I was going to use to go travelling I had already given in my notice to leave in 3 months. I decided to to a U turn and cancel and go with Karidis who I had to wait a couple of months to see, and he did a great job. I had to retract my notice and pospone my travels by 6 months to make this happen but I preferred safe over sorry. 

Now I'm living in South America, gym 4 hours a week and regularly take off my top when I bed South Amercians girls with no worries in the world about my chest. Biggest success I ever had this surgery I've forgotten what it was like to have gyno. 

*Be careful with Poland*

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024