Author Topic: Six Days Post Op  (Read 1760 times)

Offline TattooBoi

• Posting Member
  • Looking forward to the summer!
Hey!  I'm so happy i had the surgery!  I know it's only been like a week but they've definately shrunk down some.  My only concern is that i feel a lump on my left side like it's a gland or something.  My PS did ultrasound lipo and said it would melt away most of the gland if there was much to begin with.

Should i be concerned?

Offline RottonDane

• Posting Member
You just had a medical procediure done, so your body needs time to heal.  There is a risk of you being left with glad protrudeing, but it is way to early for you to tell.  I wouldent worry yet and just let your body heal.  Only time can answer that question.  Dont fret :D

z0z0

Hi TattooBoi,

Is ultrasound lipo non-invasive? I mean, ultrasound should be able to pass through skin right, thereby not requiring the doctor to cut you up?

Offline TattooBoi

• Posting Member
  • Looking forward to the summer!
it was like lipo....the ultrasound was against my skin to help break up the fat and gland tissue (melt it away)....the removing of the fat and tissue was with small incisions, etc.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hi TattooBoi,

Is ultrasound lipo non-invasive? I mean, ultrasound should be able to pass through skin right, thereby not requiring the doctor to cut you up?

Ultrasonic Liposuction is the same as conventional Lipo with the exception that the cannula/wand (the big metal suction rod) has ultrasonic energy applied to its tip. The cannula tip has intense vibrations that break up the fat cells. The PS still has make an incision to insert the cannula tho.

John.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 04:59:55 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024