Author Topic: How old were you when you first tried wearing a bra?  (Read 4005 times)

Offline blad

I was interested in how old everyone was when They first tried a bra for their Gyno.

I developed breasts at age 13. I was obviously very embarrassed in a school setting with constant harassment. The skins teem in gym class made it particularly obvious to everyone of my female like breasts and I am sure they enjoyed viewing them in sports action bouncing around like a girls breasts would.

Initially I did not even think about the idea of trying a bra on. But the constant comments that I needed a bra or "what was my bra size" made me start to wonder would I actually fit a bra and how did a bra feel. At home alone one day I had the thought of trying on my older sister's bras just to see what it would be like. My sister was old enough to have moved out already but she did leave behind a number of older clothing items including some bras. 

When I tried on the bras she had left, I was immediately amazed at how well my breast fit into and filled out the bra cups and gave me cleavage like a girls would have. I some how was very receptive to how it felt to wear a bra and discover that all those comments were right about me fitting into a bra. When I had a bra on I was strangely more satisfied or accepting of my breasts as a bra sort of gave them purpose and made them look good in my mind. As time went on with wearing a bra as much as I could, I also discovered I was more comfortable wearing one with the support it gave, less bounce, and less boob sweat. I quickly came to a point in my mind that I would be quite ok with having breasts and wearing a bra for the rest of my life, but for the obvious social pressures of other people finding out. I was in no way wanting to wear other girls cloths and I was happy as a male. I just had breasts and as such I found that I felt better and more comfortable in a bra.

As time went on I was able to wear a bra more often. Eventually my great wife commented that I needed a bra more than she did and and began to wear full time from then on. To my knowage, no one else have ever noticed my bras, although they would obviously notice my bust projection regardless of a bra.

Did anyone begin their journey into trying bras at a younger age due to onset of gyno. I know that ABWG here did and had the help of his mother to encourage him. That would have made my journey easier if I had had that "support".
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

Thanks Blad! I was 12 when I started wearing a bra. My mother was did encourage me and gave me some hand me down bras from my sister to wear. I had gotten large enough when I was 16 that she insisted that I wear a bra full time. I agreed and told her that I would if she bought me my own instead of the hand me downs that no longer fit. I had my first fitting at JCPENNEY. 

bikerbob

Mine developed gradually over a period of a few years, but they started getting uncomfortable at age 69.  After some trial and error, I found a bra style and size that works well and I have worn one every day for the past 3 years.  I was at a family reunion a while back and have the impression that increased breast size may be a family thing that kicks in as we age.  Cousin Fred should definitely be wearing a bra and my sister has gone up a size or two.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
59, last year.  The relief was amazing.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
Blad

Thank you for sharing your experience. You write and describe beautifully. I felt like I was there  

DW20

I was 70 when I finally gave in after finally consulting my male doctor who suggested a bra.
O the comfort.
My only regret is the 10 years of discomfort and mental anguish before doing the obvious.

If you have  a bust it doesn't matter whether it is gyne or pseudo gyne it needs support.

My current rule of thumb is that if you find a bra that you fill without artificial padding you really need to think seriously about buying it.....and of course wearing it.

Offline qwerty6

• Posting Member

Offline Johndoe1

14. I got one of my mother's bras from the laundry basket. While the band was too small I could almost fill the cups.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
13 or 14. Tried on my mom’s halter top and was surprised at how well it fit, I know I could pass the pencil test at 14. Didn’t try one again till about two years ago at 59, full time at a very young 61.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I first put on a brassiere when I was 12 years old and it had nothing to do with gynecomastia... it was sexually acting out rooted in having been sexually abused as an infant.  My mother would rub my genitals with a piece of silk and the physical sensations were paired from infancy with the feel of silk.  I was searching for silky lingerie when I babysat for the neighbor and found a brassiere I put on.  The fact I developed gynecomastia around the same time was beside the point, though the lumps on my chest were a source of great shame throughout those early years.  I've crossdressed intermittently through my long life but I associate that with trauma, so despite my delight in brassieres, they became more relevant to me recently as my libido diminishes and my breasts increase in size.  I'm finding a new relationship with brassieres for comfort and control, but honestly it isn't completely divorced from the early trauma.  The simple fact that men DO wear brassieres, for whatever reason, is helping me to put the pieces together and find acceptance.  I'm grateful for that.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I re-read my last contribution to this conversation a moment ago, then realized it is almost exactly three years since I shared my early journey.  I'm sitting at my computer wearing my favorite brassiere beneath the tee shirt I'm wearing and am as mesmerized by my breasts as I was back then.  Now I wear a brassiere more often, which is probably what happened for most of the men here who first experimented with wearing one.  I'm not sure but I have the feeling my breasts have grown.  They certainly look lovely in the brassiere I'm wearing.  What an adventure this is...

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
My first time in a bra was about 12ish?

We went to the lake taking my cousins along. I took my shirt off to jump in and my cousin pointed at me saying, "you're as big as I am!" That was the last time I swam with my chest uncovered. 

Later that night my cousin loaned me a bra and the rest of the outfit to 'try on'. It fit my blooming breasts and curves perfectly. My father caught me in the outfit and that brought strict enforcement that lasted a lifetime. Puberty kept going, and by 17 I had quite the breasts and hips. Parents took me in to get a couple years of testosterone treatments to try and stop the progress. 

I went braless up until a couple years ago I guess. Neck pain took me for daily 'hot packs' and therapy. The nurse finally told me my neck pain was from unsupported weight on my chest. OT measured me at a D cup, and I started wearing support at about 57 years old. 

Social worker brought me to this forum as I had some body image issues deeply rooted in growing up intersex as well as jumping into a bra. The acceptance side of the forum not only helped me accept my bra use, but finally recover from 45 years of denying of who I am. Basically, I'm intersex so 'I' decide which side of the fence I fall, not my parents. 

I'm now a DDD Torrid bras as of last week's measuring. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
61 for me.  Shortly after I retired.  Doctor's PA was a woman and suggested it.  She wrote a note to my wife.  Now 73.  I wear sports bras when in public and walking.  I do 2-3 miles a day.  When home, I wear wire free bras.  They certainly project more, but are comfortable and do the job.

Offline RAPC

• Posting Member
The first time I wore a bra I was 67. I wore one pretty regularly, although not every day, for a couple of years. I am now 71 and have been wearing a bra almost daily for the past 18 months. I find that I am just more comfortable with one on. I love wearing a bra!

My only regret is that I am not yet comfortable with people knowing that I wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024