Author Topic: Do you like wearing a bra  (Read 8635 times)

Offline Johndoe1

Gotgyne, You wrote that:
"It's totally clear that men's shirts don't work for you anymore"

Should I expect not only wear bras but womens blouses too?????:)
All in all, it's probably a good idea.
There will be some men's tops you will be able to wear as long as they are not form fitting and if you can find some women's tops that look masculine, then yo might want to consider that. Unless you want to wear a very feminine top, you don't have too. There are tops available that you can wear and not draw attention, but you will have to look for them.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline taxmapper

As per the mens shirts: 

Anything with spandex will cling to you and cause girls to pop out. 

Most golf style polos will do that, some tees and obviously tank tops (wife beaters). 

After a period of time you grow use to it as do others and typically is ignored.   Eventually you may find yourself actually liking the protrusion and the shape it creates. 

Confused old man

At my wife’s suggestion I now go to women’s blogs on fashion just to see what garments look like on women to get a idea what it might look like on me. Susan after 60 is a good one to follow. A lot of items can pass as men’s but will have more room in the chest to help mask the size of your boobs and bras. But still have a very nice look instead of a sloppy men’s shirt to hide boobs. Women are masters of hiding them or enhancing them. The best advice about boobs is from a woman. 

usetobeed

Women are masters of hiding them or enhancing them. The best advice about boobs is from a woman.
You are correct about that. My wife has been a tremendous help to me finding the right bras and tops to hide my gyno.

Offline Johndoe1

But still have a very nice look instead of a sloppy men’s shirt to hide boobs. Women are masters of hiding them or enhancing them. The best advice about boobs is from a woman.
I have been lucky to have gotten advice from several women, who have helped me live with my breasts and do it in a way that doesn't draw attention but I am still comfortable, physically as well as mentally.

Offline blad

Realizing I could fill out the cups of a bra was a big step towards my acceptance of having breasts.

Before trying a bra I would have never imagined actually liking my breasts as part of me. Sure, there are times I would not mind blending in better in society without my breasts, but 99% of the time I am satisfied with them given the feeling of support I have with wearing a bra. Without the bra support I would be constantly reminded of my appendages in a negative way.

It all works so well that most of the time I forget I am wearing a bra as opposed to a much greater awareness if my breasts are unsupported. I am not in the public setting thinking about my bra or if anyone notices. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
Shopping behind me, there were no difficulties. When I asked for a simple, smooth bra in size 90B, the saleswoman only asked if I meant "one under a smooth blouse."
When I was in the fitting room from behind the curtain she asked if it fit, and since the one I was measuring was a little too small, after a while a hand slipped inside with a bunch of size 90C bras.
I chose two, paid, and was done.
Once or twice she turned to me "ma'am," probably thinking that since I was buying bras, I wanted to pass myself off as a woman.

On the way I was still in a Chinese market. All in all, it's a pity I didn't start there. There are hundreds of bras in the lingerie section, you can calmly choose among them and no one is interested in you. Prices are 1/5 from the store I visited earlier.

Offline Johndoe1

I am glad your shopping trip was successful. Congratulations! Did the fitter know you where shopping for gynecomastia? A good fitter knows about gynecomastia and wouldn't address you with feminine pronouns unless you specify.

Starting out with two bras is a good start. The usual minimum number of bras recommended for good rotation and life span is 3 bras rotating daily. I think you will find the benefits of a bra will out weight any negatives. That has been the case for me and others. Remember that breasts in 90C size weigh around 2 lbs (1 Kg) each, constantly pulling and bouncing and jiggling. In the end, it's all about your comfort and nothing else.

aboywithgirls

I am glad your shopping trip was successful. Congratulations! Did the fitter know you where shopping for gynecomastia? A good fitter knows about gynecomastia and wouldn't address you with feminine pronouns unless you specify.
Yes, even 10 years ago, the SAs would typically asked me my name and pronouns. Back then, I still presented as a man but, when I was shopping for a bra or shopping at Torrid, Lane Bryant or one of regular bra boutiques, I was Sophie and my pronouns were she/her/and hers. I kinda grew into them. 🥰🤗😄👭

Sophie ❤️

Offline gotgyne

Once or twice she turned to me "ma'am," probably thinking that since I was buying bras, I wanted to pass myself off as a woman.
Well, looking at my moustache and my almost bald head no fitter shall call me "ma'am". There is a clear frontier. But in my country it will be possible soon to change the gender once a year completely independent how someone looks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 12:27:00 PM by gotgyne »
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
Well here dear friend you are wrong.😁
Can a man grow boobs?
Well, they can.
Well, so can a woman have a mustache and baldness also happens.
If you are lucky, you can be considered a bald woman with a mustache.😇

Offline Johndoe1

A good sense of humor is a good thing to have to go along with breasts! :D

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
I bought something like this on photo.
There is no decoration and the cups of the bra are a little flattened, so they do not enlarge the bust.

But still, in the bra there is not much chance of buttoning up the shirt.

I found two more of my wife's blouses that I can fit into, without flowers, lace or a belly button neckline.
I'm coming to the conclusion that efforts won't do much good, what I wouldn't wear, with large breasts I'll still look like a woman.

Quite seriously, I'm starting to think whether, in a situation where I'm walking among strangers who haven't had a chance to get used to my appearance,
it might not be better to wear women's clothes instead of combinations.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 12:52:00 AM by TikTak »

Offline gotgyne

A good sense of humor is a good thing to have to go along with breasts! :D
Johndoe1, I second this. :)
John

Offline gotgyne

Well here dear friend you are wrong.😁
Can a man grow boobs?
Well, they can.
Well, so can a woman have a mustache and baldness also happens.
If you are lucky, you can be considered a bald woman with a mustache.😇
Ouch! :(
But you're right. I once knew a dark haired woman with some signs of a beginning moustache. And even complete alopecia occurs in women, but luckily for them not very common. (I don't refer to the women who develop with chemotherapy a transient baldness).
John

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024