Author Topic: Do you like wearing a bra  (Read 8588 times)

Offline gotgyne

I bought something like this on photo.
There is no decoration and the cups of the bra are a little flattened, so they do not enlarge the bust.

Quite seriously, I'm starting to think whether, in a situation where I'm walking among strangers who haven't had a chance to get used to my appearance,
 it might not be better to wear women's clothes instead of combinations.
TikTak, the bras look good on you and the same with the blouses of your wife. You have large breasts and I believe that the combination of a bra with a men's shirt is not a good solution. You should go the route with bras and women's tops.
John

A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
Due to my gynaecomastia, I did not buy T-shirts.
Now I have tried it instead of a women's blouse.
I bought a slightly looser T-shirt, in the mirror it even seemed ok, but in the photo it still doesn't look like a man's chest.
What do you think, is it better now or it does not make a difference women's top vs. men's t-shirt?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 05:26:22 AM by TikTak »

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
TikTak,

Your breasts are prominent regardless of what top you wear. In my opinion the t-shirt option looks less 'girly' but if you are trying to hide your breasts, a black t-shirt, or one with loud patterns and colors, might be better.

It's interesting with t-shirts, what I find if I'm browsing or shopping for them online, is that they are often marketed as either unisex/men's or women's, instead of just men's or women's. I think this is to cater for solidly built women who find that men's t shirts fit them better, and that society allows them to buy and wear men's t shirts under the unisex guise.

Offline Johndoe1

Tee shirts are always difficult to deal with because there is usually nothing to break up the visual line. You might want to look at button downs or oversized tee's.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Tiktak:
Your breasts are noticeable. Period.
So, with the wealth of experiential advice here, you got options.
But since you are pretty well endowed, I would suggest wearing what's comfortable for you and see if there are any negative reactions.  I don't think there will be - at least, certainly not many.
I have needed to wear a bras for >15 years, and went through most of us have: experimenting with various kinds (sports, compression, underwire, etc, etc) and have finally come to the point of not caring too much what others think, and just wear what's comfortable.  My breasts, like yours (and others here) are noticeable. So what?  So I just behave the way I always have and ... pleasant surprise! - most people either don't seem to notice, or if they do they don't seem to care.
I am, and present as, male.  At a hardware store I am almost a constant customer of, the sales guys and gals know me, and therefore know that I have breasts that are developed.  Never a comment, never any perceived reaction to my condition at all.  Same at my bank, grocery store, coffee shop, etc.  And as can be seen, I have gynecomastia:

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Tee shirts are always difficult to deal with because there is usually nothing to break up the visual line. You might want to look at button downs or oversized tee's.
The sort of t-shirt I was talking about is something like this, which is what I bought recently, after seeing it being worn by a lady on a favourite youtube channel. Granted, something like this is not to everyones tastes, but I reckon the wearer can be confident that any stares that he attracts will only go as far as the outside of the t-shirt! ;D
Woodstock Banded Tie-Dye T-Shirt Tee Liquid Blue

Offline Johndoe1

Graphic tee or dark color tee works well. Light color solid will show. That is what I meant by "sight lines." You need a pattern or dark color to draw the eye away.

Confused old man

Summer time is hard to camouflage the boobies. Winter is much easier. Some kind of compression is needed for summertime. But that is really uncomfortable for all day use. I have just come to accept that I have them and so has my friends and family fortunately. So I don’t really try that hard anymore to hide them much. I do wear the darker colors and patterned shirts. But you can still see the projection. I really don’t care what others think anymore. I mean what can I do about it?..cut them off?..I can’t do that. I gave serious thought about it. But I just can’t do it. Probably there are some that think not removing them is dumb. 

Offline Johndoe1

I mean what can I do about it?..cut them off?..I can’t do that. I gave serious thought about it. But I just can’t do it. Probably there are some that think not removing them is dumb.
No one should be judged on decisions about their body. People don't know what a person's situation is and to judge like that is wrong. No one has the perfect body. We all have things we don't like about our bodies, breasts not withstanding. My breasts used to really bother me to the point I was doing risky things with my health just to hide what was undeniable by just a look. I finally came to the conclusion that what I do or don't do only effects me directly. If I live my life for what is best for me and not others, I can have a happier and longer life. Yes, I am a man. Yes, I have a very feminine trait, breasts. Yes, they are due to a hormonal imbalance that I am sure has feminized me in other ways I did not want or desire. I didn't ask for it. But I am living my life to the best of my ability, boobs and all. And if others don't like it, they can F off. And after many years of suffering at my own hands, that is my attitude about the whole thing these days. I am happier and at peace because of it.

Offline gotgyne

I bought a slightly looser T-shirt, in the mirror it even seemed ok, but in the photo it still doesn't look like a man's chest.
What do you think, is it better now or it does not make a difference women's top vs. men's t-shirt?
TikTak, the bra is clearly visible. If you don't mind, it's no problem. Otherwise a fullcup t-shirt bra could be the better solution. 
John

Offline gotgyne

No one should be judged on decisions about their body. People don't know what a person's situation is and to judge like that is wrong. No one has the perfect body. We all have things we don't like about our bodies, breasts not withstanding. My breasts used to really bother me to the point I was doing risky things with my health just to hide what was undeniable by just a look. I finally came to the conclusion that what I do or don't do only effects me directly. If I live my life for what is best for me and not others, I can have a happier and longer life. Yes, I am a man. Yes, I have a very feminine trait, breasts. Yes, they are due to a hormonal imbalance that I am sure has feminized me in other ways I did not want or desire. I didn't ask for it. But I am living my life to the best of my ability, boobs and all. And if others don't like it, they can F off. And after many years of suffering at my own hands, that is my attitude about the whole thing these days. I am happier and at peace because of it.
Amen!

aboywithgirls

TikTak,
Whether you wear a bra or not, you still have large, feminine breasts. A bra is simple there to provide support, shape, comfort and modesty. At least that's what my mother had explained to me almost 35 years ago when she gave me the "bra talk". If a bra provides you with any or all of those benefits, then you should probably take advantage of what a bra can do for you. 

As a woman, I'm expected to wear one. At work it's even part of our dress code. Even if it wasn't expected or required, I'd still wear one because of the benefits it provides. It's absolutely unfair and unreasonable that you are denied those benefits because of your gender.

The same is true for outerwear. Ladies tops, slacks and jeans are a better fit for some men whose bodies have been feminized by estrogen in our blood.

As a man, I took advantage of the clothing options that were designed for women for years before transitioning. I did receive a few stares and comments but, overwhelmingly comments were more positive and the stares were usually accompanied with a kind smile and a wink.

Be Bold, Be Strong, and Be You!

Sophie ❤️

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
Thanks sincerely for all the advice and hints.
It's encouraging to know that you can get used to it, I'll probably get to it too.
All in all, my problem is not new, however it has increased a lot in recent years. I think it has to do with blood pressure medication.
I'm not going to mask myself in front of relatives and friends, they know me and are used to it.
Strangers, on the other hand, do not.
I live in a big city and mostly meet them.
When they see a guy with breasts, it arouses their interest. This is completely normal, I don't hold it against anyone, but I don't like it.
That's why I'm thinking about how to hide my boobs, but I'm coming to the conclusion that in summer clothes - nothing to do.
However, after thinking about it, I come to the conclusion that, in the end, it's not so much about hiding my breasts, but about not drawing attention and calmly, without stress to walk through, for example, a shopping mall.
Since I already have to walk in a bra anyway, I'll try to wear a typical women's blouse and see - maybe this will eliminate the dissonance in appearance.:)

Offline Johndoe1

However, after thinking about it, I come to the conclusion that, in the end, it's not so much about hiding my breasts, but about not drawing attention and calmly, without stress to walk through, for example, a shopping mall.
Since I already have to walk in a bra anyway, I'll try to wear a typical women's blouse and see - maybe this will eliminate the dissonance in appearance.:)
When you are D+ in size, hiding is no longer an option. You can no more hide your chest than a woman of the same size. So you have to pull a page out of the her playbook and you play down your chest with hacks that pull the eye away from your chest, the same thing women do with their chests, non form fitting tops, patterns, dark colors, vests or pull overs, button downs. If you wear women's blouses, be sure thay are masculine in style and look.

aboywithgirls

At a D cup, my men's shirts were very ill fitting. I was a 36D when I graduated high school. It was several years later that I started wearing ladies tops because they actually fit. Ladies button down blouses were readily available at Lane Bryant, Dress Barn and Chicos, Dillard's or really any department store. They have a slightly different appearance but, the do the same job and they fit.

Sophie ❤️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024