Author Topic: Hormones and denial etc etc  (Read 1827 times)

Busted (and happy)

I just don't get those who seem to think that hormones magically limit themselves to the chest area. 
They are in the blood, go everywhere and affect everything. Even our brains as discussed elsewhere on this site. 
If we were as obsessive with the tape measure on all parts of our physique as we are with our boobs we would realise this. 
Like it or not, we become more feminine in our shape, fat distribution and hair growth. 
We also become superficially much softer. 

Given all this it is totally unsurprising that women's clothing fts better and, being softer, is much more comfortable. 
Womens fashions  change more often and and clothing is often available much cheaper in sales. Sharing items with the wife is also good for the household budget. 

I took my head out of the sand some years ago and now wear almost 100% women's (not effeminate) discrete styles that do not scream for public attention. 

I will defend the right of others to live in denial to continue with ill fitting uncomfortable clothes if they wish. 
Only those who are "in the know" and are brave enough to try really know. 

For some, dealing with the more noticeable, chest expansion, is more than enough to cope with and rightfully should be the main focus of support here. We all know the enormous internal mind games we've played with ourselves before making the leap to bra wearing and chest comfort....... but there is more.....

Modify message title=Modify message

Almost 100% of men with gyno who try a bra never turn back!!
Go Figure

Dudewithboobs

Agreed. Hormones especially if an imbalance is ongoing or long term enough to create a dominance in the body will do much more than just enlarge breast tissue. While it may not go far one way or the other the effects are not always just limited to the chest. Of course some find that it is an no other issues come about. And others may experience body shape changes or dysfunction and brain fog or mood changes. Some become quite depressed others become quite relaxed and others may claim being in a dazed or unfocused state. Hormones do so much to the body if imbalanced. Feminization is by no means a fate of any sort if gynecomastia is present but it is encouraged to keep an eye on more than the chest if it occurs to ensure other changes aren’t happening. This can be vital in doctor visits and discussions if concerning. 

I for one haven’t noticed changes and such of softness and fat redistribution but have noticed I have quite a bit of ED now days. And noticed when that began was about same time I gave panties and women’s jeans a try. It had nothing to do with infatuation or interest or thrill of women’s clothing just something in me when buying a new bra when my other one was worn out said maybe they are worth trying. And they were and it’s what I wear now. I still wear men’s jeans but more women’s than not because of the fit. I don’t think I’ve changed in body shape just kind of gravitated to these items. 

Gino

Busted, I could have easily written what you said. My body is losing hair and what's left is sparse and thinner, also my muscle mass and strength in general are way down as well as my sex drive.

Since I'm diminutive by male / societal standards, I've always had to consider androgynous "female" clothing and shoe styles unless I went some 80+ miles to Miami where many of the male Hispanic population are also small in stature and sizes are more in step with my size. Not an option, aside from dealing with the crazy drivers here, I don't much like large cities.

Anyway, men's pants with a ~26" inseam, shoes in 6 1/2, and even under wear in size small are just not there, and if so selection is abysmal so as I said "female" clothing was always a better option than hunting for suitable men's garb.  Add to that, male targeted clothing is just so damn uncomfortable compared to similarly made and styled women's clothes and shoes.

Dudewithboobs

Yeah the comfort really took me by surprise the soft fabric is a given but style cut and dimensions just never really seemed achievable for comfort. But different strokes for different folks I assume in regard to what ends up fitting quite well and being more comfortable overall in comparison to others. Overall there is styles and design fit for both sides of men and women giving option to wear without giving away who it’s intended for per se. 

Offline taxmapper

Well having been in part the source of some of this discussion, I had expected some other changes when this started, just not o the level I am at now. 

Skin is softer, hair is much lighter, views and attitudes are different, and clothing is changing.  

But par for the course. 
I still look dominating male overall, but the breasts are now impossible to hide..  not as large as many on here are saying but I am experiencing the growth non the less. 

As for panties, I decided to at least try one pair of boy style shorts over the bike shorts.   

They fit.     

And the strange part is that I am actually welcoming these changes. 

Busted (and happy)

I too welcome these changes. Body and clothing, 
It is tbe only way to live at peace with myself. Surgery is many times not the magic bullet (look elsewhere on this site). Hormone therapy brings its own problems. 
True and complete acceptance is living with what we have got and adapting.

Gyno for the the vast majority of us is not a medical condition and thankfully does not need treatment. Coming to terms with this in what ever way  we choose leaves us healthier, wealthier and happier in body, mind and spirit 

Offline Johndoe1

I still look dominating male overall, but the breasts are now impossible to hide.. 

While I have undeniable and some very visible physical female traits (breasts), I too am much more male in looks. I could never convincingly pass as a woman. But there is certain female attire that just fits better than the male counterpart and that is undeniable whether I like the thought or not.

I too have welcomed the changes as well, something years ago I would have never even considered. I guess it has to do with your own comfort level and your own view of yourself. There is no right or wrong when it comes to what you want for yourself. Because you are the only one who can live your life.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

Well having been in part the source of some of this discussion, I had expected some other changes when this started, just not o the level I am at now.

Skin is softer, hair is much lighter, views and attitudes are different, and clothing is changing. 

But par for the course.
I still look dominating male overall, but the breasts are now impossible to hide..  not as large as many on here are saying but I am experiencing the growth non the less.

As for panties, I decided to at least try one pair of boy style shorts over the bike shorts. 

They fit.   

While I had worn a bra and panties since my teens, it was when I was in my mid 20s when I started shopping in the women's clothing stores and departments. 

Men's "straight" style jeans and pants just never fit. I would look for either "relaxed" or "loose" fit pants just to try to have room for my hips and bottom. Eventually the "loose fit" were to tight. I was frustrated and my sister suggested that I try ladies jeans. I tried a pair of hers and I was amazed how well they fit and felt. I also tried her slacks and I was sold.

I still presented masculine for years with an androgynous look while wearing ladies tops and slacks. I found that everything just fit and felt better.

Love you guys, 
Sophie ❤️

Orb

That's awesome!  I'll at fear of repetition say it again.  For the most part what we're talking about here is not thin sheer blouses but clothing if displayed across the isle would not be recognizable as clothing for the opposite sex. Again wear what fits!  and If you want to wear a thin blouse who is anyone to tell you not to.

Dudewithboobs

Agreed. I’m not in the slightest going to entertain the idea of a blouse and shear material or feminine cuts and designs. That’s just not me. Same reason I’m not gonna buy push up bras and lace panties. But what isn’t ones doesn’t mean it isn’t the next. I don’t  mind a woman’s clothing that’s male in style and design cause it’s more comfortable both fit and public to me.  I’d never wear women’s jeans identifiably women’s just not needed or wanted. A woman’s blouse if unisex in design and such I’d give it a try but buttons and all seem very noted as women’s and such so I doubt i would. But if you want to go for it and do what’s comfortable for said person 

usetobeed

I have two women's polo shirts that I wear regularly. They look the same as men's shirts, but they fit me much better in the chest. The only thing feminine about them is the buttons are on the opposite side. No one has ever noticed that slight detail.

Offline SideSet

We have torsos like women, so naturally fit best in clothes made for the female shape. What does your wife think of those tops?

Busted (and happy)

I get where you are coming from, but is worth remembering that push up bras are exceedingly good where comfortable immobilisation is sort without undue compression (never a good thing for breast health).
Someone on here referenced this by highlighting a "Bare Journey"
article.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:24:59 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Dudewithboobs

I’ll try to find the article but yeah idk I’ve bought a push up bra before by accident just wasn’t paying attention. Saw my brand and size and grabbed thinking it was a t shirt bra and days later put it on and immediately recognized the added projection and shape to things and exchanged it for the right one the next day. I’m sure they have their honest purpose in true support health and such just ehh not for me. But to those who do find them useful and beneficial all the more kudos. Never against any bra that works for the next guy 

usetobeed

We have torsos like women, so naturally fit best in clothes made for the female shape. What does your wife think of those tops?
My wife is okay with whatever works for me. I wear slightly baggy shirts in public, but like to wear more form fitting shirts at home. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024