Author Topic: Feeling a bit of a mug  (Read 3763 times)

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Hi guys,

I'm feeling like a bit of a mug, as i've been reading around this forum and finding out how long people have to wait from their first consultation to their surgery.  I had my first consultation at the end of November last year and surgery is in 3 weeks time.  And it's on BUPA - i'm paying £4,000 in total.  Bearing in mind Febuary was my surgeon's month off... does this seem like a long time to wait?  I wanted it done as soon as possible (i'm sure you can all sympathise with this), and i know i should be grateful i can get it done at all.  It's just that this long wait has been agonising!

Anyway, let me know what you think.

John1984
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
John,

I am not sure how long you have had gyne for but if you had to wait 6 months (as some NHS people have) to get the problem sorted then its nothing in comparison.

As long as you have chosen a good surgeon and done you researh on him and his abilities then it is well worth the wait.

I saw Levick dec 21st and had the op 2 and half months latter so did not have to wait all that long but I would have been prepared to wait much longer to get the right surgeon for me.

Hope all goes well.  Make sure you post some pics and a diary of your experience.  It will inspire others.

Regards

Chorlton

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
I'm also worried as I haven't heard any mention of Mr. Gittos on here at all.  It's all Levick this Levick that.  I went straight to Mr. Gittos as I was referred to him by my GP, and was told he is 'the best plastic surgeon in Britain'.  And my GP is good, highly respected, so i believe what he says.

Oh well, I'm all payed up now, so i guess there's no turning back.  All i can ask for is words of encouragement i suppose.

I'll try to post some pictures on here soon

BTW, I didn't think it was possible to get it done on the NHS.  Before i decided to go private, i went to my GP about 5 times, just to beg him to let me get it done on the NHS, but apparently laws changed a year or so ago, tightening up laws on 'cosmetic surgery'.
Sorry, i know this is turning into a rambling post, but can i just say how enraged I was with the health service for pigeon-holing gyne as a 'cosmetic issue'.  The tolls it has taken on my psychological welfare throughout my teens have been severe.

Anyway, must stop typing now........

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
good luck, ive heard his name a number of times and im sure he is considered a competent surgeon. Please keep us posted.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Competant?  I want the guy to be a complete master!
Oh well, he's nice and calls me 'buddy'.  That can only be a good thing.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04

Hey, I'm sure at one point Levick wasn't known much about on this board... Maybe Gittos will be the name of 2006!

Ian

Offline UKgyne

• Patience is a virtue!
    • My 4 month post-op photos

Hey, I'm sure at one point Levick wasn't known much about on this board... Maybe Gittos will be the name of 2006!

Ian

Yeah I can remember the first time Levick's name came up!  He was an unknown until then.  Everyone's unknown the first time........

Mike
No breasts, just those puffy nips! Gone now though.......bilateral excision 16/9/2002.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024