Author Topic: First Time Writer Long time reader :)  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Hello Everyone,

I've been checking out this forum on and off for the past year, and Decided I would make my first post.

This is a great forum by the way.

I've been reading everything for the past few months..  I've even tried Andractim (Yeah nothing there).  I've had Gyno since I was a kid.  I never put it together untill I found out that there is such a thing as Gyno a few years ago.  I remember distincly telling my mom when I must have been.. maybe 12 that my nipples hurt.. and now as I look back on it,  I can't recall a time since I was a freshman in HS that I havent had Gyno effect a day of my life (it was probably there since twelve but I just wasn't as self aware).  I can recall wearing two t-shirts in HS, and having that one, or maybe two t-shirts that I didnt need to doubble up on and feel fairly confidant.  It blows my mind that for over 10 years now, (I'm 25).  Every.. and I mean Every day it has had some effect on me.

I have to sit slouched forward to feel comfortable that no one will see, or sweat like a pig in a sweater and tight t-shirt on warm days, and come up with a defence as to why I dont just take of my sweatshirt.  I used to love swimming as a kid, and still do.. but Never.. ever.. ever go.  I allways wanted to go on a criuse, and do what normal college aged kids do.. its gone.. 

I flinch (and put a stop to) every time any girlfriend of mine got even got close to my nipples...  I dont think they ever cared... but I did... Or, what about when your young.. and your just meet a girl, but just as you are about to seal the deal, the only thing that crosses your mind, is YOUR nipples.  So eventually you just stop yourself before you even have a chance.. Loose weight, Gain Weight, gain more weight b/c your too embarssed to go the the gym..

Screw just going out for a game of pickup basketball.. for fear that somone will utter the phrase...  "Shirts and ...."

I was a very popular kid in HS, and an all star athelete, but was constantly afraid of my secret.  I've served in a war and won medals, I've done and do great in college..  But something as simple as a windy day, can make me want to stay home. 

I've been reading so many of these stories, and I cannot deny the fact, that Gynecomastia can be a dibilitating condition!

The truth is..  Mines not even THAT bad.

It is certainly a crime, that insurance companies in the US dont cover any corrective procedures, and its terrible that it is so difficult to find a skilled surgen, here, or in places such as the UK.

I will certainly be looking into getting it taken care of..  I probably get another student loan to pay for it, I cant justify why I wouldnt get myself out of this prison.  Most likely this winter when it will be very easy to hide a vest, and I have some time off of school.  The only real problem I have, and I've seen it written about here before, is getting to a skilled Dr. (there seem to be so few), and recouperating.  By that I mean, I dont want to tell anyone It just seems so completely embarrasing.  I'm sure my girlfriend will be able to help me out, and I think its the only obvious solution since its not like I could hide it from her.  I wish I could just dissapear for a month, and come back anew.

I'm in the Chicago area, and I have heard things about one dr, near the loop from this forum, but I must admit it makes Dr. Bermant from VA look like Jesus when you look at the before and after pics on their two sites.  So, as unfortunate as it is for me I'm looking at spending 10k easy to get me and my shaparone to VA and get things done correctly.

Does anyone know of anyone in the Midwest?  and when I say know of.. I mean know they are extremely talented in this procedure?  I would feel alot more comfortable if I could just make it a day trip, and then be back home.  Let me know..

and I'm curius.. On Dr. Bermant's site it says Gyne reduction is $2800!?!?!  Who has gotten the procedure done by him, and how is that even possible?  I would certainly need glandualr tissue removed, some lipo, and then a sculpting to replace the void under my nipple and aerola.  Is that just a low ballpark or something, as if it would only take lipo?  Or if you have had a similar procedure as to what I've described, what was the actuall ballpark?

I wish I could slap down a million bucks and tell you all to get your boobs removed, but I cant.

Regardless, that was a monster of a first post, I hope I get some replies.  Thank you all for keeping up, and being so well informed about things.

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Oh crap yeah.. I forgot.  I know there are alot of people out there that dont have the credit, cash or rescources to get to a PS, but here is something I will probably at least try..

This seems completely iwithon reason to me, if it solves my problem...

Try finding a Plasma Donation Center.  You can usually make at least $250 a month, so, by saving peoples lives, in a year you could come up with enough for at least your travel and consults.

Its a little silly sure, but some people just seem to be having a hard time coming up with cash, and I cant think of anything that would make you feel much better than helping yourself while helping others.

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
If you want it, just keep thinking about it.  Continuously imagine yourself without breasts and the good feelings that come along with that.  Go see the surgeon for a consultation, picture yourself getting the surgery, imagine sitting on a beach with a flat chest...If you think it...a way will be made for you to have surgery.  Law of attraction..

http://www.thesecret.tv/

Offline bigredjjp4

• Posting Member
great story, good luck on your search for a local doctor, im in college, short on money, and also trying to find a local doctor! im having a consultation with a dr cervino in akron, ohio, in a couple of weeks. i guess ohio is the midwest. i'll let you know how it goes.

Offline dontknow_ok

• Posting Member
that kicked ass  ;D Wish you had that million bucks though  :-[

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
They need like a Gynecomastia rehab center... you know you go way for a month, then come back all better.  You get the surgery, then hang out will a bunch of other dudes wearing a stupid vest.  And it would have a pool or a beach just for dudes with moobs so we can be free.

I have a dream....

Ok... anyways..

bigredjjp4 - yeah, be sure to let me know how it works out, costs etc.  I've got some time, but I think my biggest step right now is to loose 20 lbs and quit smoking.  Hopefully you can come up with the dough, for the operation, belive me a few more student loans is a lot better than other medical financing.

Offline bigredjjp4

• Posting Member
i'm the same way inIndiana, i mainly wear t-shirts with raised lettering, it masks my problem as well. i can't wait until the day I can wear a normal white t-shirt!

Offline Doodley

• Posting Member
Definitely the right idea to go to Bermant.  The money is absolutely nothing in the long term, when people go forward with this stuff they've got to know they're going to actually look better afterwards!  Plastic surgery can be dangerous, you've got to go with the pros!

Seriously, let it be the easiest 10k you ever spend.  Sounds like you'll be getting something greater back again each and every day of your life.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:32:05 AM by cleanup »

Offline gyneinhell

• Posting Member
how many of you have spend 10k+ on a car?  just to transport you from home to work and back and you enjoy that?  i think 10k to fix a problem that would give me the confidence to live a "normal" life is priceless.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024