Author Topic: Surgery on Thursday  (Read 2780 times)

Offline topheavy

• Homer has gyne
Hey all, let me begin by saying thank you for posting messages to this website.  It's great to know I'm not alone in my struggles with Gyne.  I'm 29 now, but started showing my first signs of Gyne when I was 11.  I saw a doctor at that time and he said it was not hormonal so I've just lived with it, until now.  Several weeks ago I went to see a plastic surgon and set-up a lypo surgery for this Thursday.  Stupidly, I did not surf the web to learn more about Gynecomastia before setting-up and paying for my sugery.  Now after reading many of your stories, I understand that lypo w/o gland excision may not give me the results I want.  Too bad for me, it's too late to cancel the sugery w/o loosing 50% of my $5500, and my PS doesn't do gland excision.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone gotten good results with lypo alone?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kayak29yo/album?.dir=/f0ac

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude....

Your Gyne is somewhat similar to what mine was like.

$5500 for Lipo alone? Is that in US dollars? You should have looked around for a better price. $5500 is a tad on the dear side.

Looks to me like you have glandular Gyne. Lipo alone will not rid you of your moobs. Many guys who have Lipo alone are not satisfied with their post-op results.

Have you already paid all of the $5500 to your PS? He/She will only refund you 50% of the proceedure cost? Something not right there Dude! I could understand 10%, but 50%....  ???. That's highway robbery! Did you sign any papers that said that the PS would retain 50% of their fee if you made a cancellation? If you didn't sign anything, then cancel your operation and demand that your PS return the full $5500 that you paid.

Trust me, Lipo alone will not fix you!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
IMO, the PS has a professional duty to either treat your condition properly or not at all. And, he is a thief to keep your money because he is unable to do it properly.

You WILL be dissatisfied with your results. If I were you I would call him and BACK OUT and tell him that, giving the circumstances, you are expecting him to refund the $$ since he doesn't know what he's doing.

If he barks at you then I'd call the medical board and complain. Call the BBB and complain there, too.

But, worst case... you keep $2250 in your pocket towards a REAL surgical solution.

Where do you live? A member on this board went to a PS in Oklahoma (I think) and it only cost him $2800 for excision & lipo.

Sounds to me that, if you can get to OK, you are almost there money-wise if the PS decides to stiff you.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Definitely do what you can to get your money back and find a PS who will do lipo plus excision.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline topheavy

• Homer has gyne
I was afraid you guys would say that.  I'll schedule an appointment with him today to discuss getting my $$ back.  Felt like I was so close to finally ridding my self of these things though.  I live in Augusta, GA.  Can you recommend someone in the area who is good?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I was afraid you guys would say that.  I'll schedule an appointment with him today to discuss getting my $$ back.  Felt like I was so close to finally ridding my self of these things though.  I live in Augusta, GA.  Can you recommend someone in the area who is good?

Shop around and do your homework.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024