Author Topic: Docs Please Help!! incision points, skin stuck to chest & and revisions  (Read 3143 times)

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
Hi,
I have a couple of questions. I had an op about 4months ago (lipo and excision) but think I may need a revision.
Surgeon used incision under armpit for original surgery, but during surgery, had some complications, so he needed to do an areola incision as well to sort out a haematoma.

1) If I need revision surgery, will the incision points be exactly the same as originally used under the armpit? (opening up the old "wound" ?  or will new points under the armpit be used (thus leading to a new little scar)? also, note that I have darker skin, so have formed very small keloids on initial eincision points, so will that influence whether to use those incision points?.

2) On the side that had complications, it seems that too much fat was removed..so some fat may have to be taken from my stomach and put into my chest. Can this be done through a tiny armpit incision or does this have to be done via an areola incision? (please remember that I already have an areola scar on that side from the original surgery)
(I am aware of the Dr bermant's fat flap technique, so my question is more about options for surgical entry points and my options under the circumstances).

Many thanks

Offline noobs101

• Posting Member
Wow sounds like the surgeon did a hack job on ya... which doc is this???
Dr. Craig Fielding    416.766.8890    Toronto
1st consultation: Sept 15th 2008
2nd consultation: Oct 17th 2008
Surgery date: October 29th 2008
Cost for freedom $2100.

Special thanks to : Grandpa Bambu

DrBermant

Hi,
I have a couple of questions. I had an op about 4months ago (lipo and excision) but think I may need a revision.
Surgeon used incision under armpit for original surgery, but during surgery, had some complications, so he needed to do an areola incision as well to sort out a haematoma.

1) If I need revision surgery, will the incision points be exactly the same as originally used under the armpit? (opening up the old "wound" ?  or will new points under the armpit be used (thus leading to a new little scar)? also, note that I have darker skin, so have formed very small keloids on initial eincision points, so will that influence whether to use those incision points?.

2) On the side that had complications, it seems that too much fat was removed..so some fat may have to be taken from my stomach and put into my chest. Can this be done through a tiny armpit incision or does this have to be done via an areola incision? (please remember that I already have an areola scar on that side from the original surgery)
(I am aware of the Dr bermant's fat flap technique, so my question is more about options for surgical entry points and my options under the circumstances).

Many thanks
My Fat Flap is but one element of myDynamic Technique for Gynecomastia Surgery.  Remote incisions does not address the surface scar component, limits access to the deformity, and denies reconstructive tools. Such issues are best explored during a consultation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024