Author Topic: Manitoba cases?  (Read 4587 times)

Offline boournsforgyno

• Posting Member
does anyone have any info on if we can get anything for this condition covered in Manitoba?  had this crap since i was about 13, and am now 22, finally just found out it isn't just me.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I live in Manitoba as well and would like to know if theres anyone here that can help us.

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
yup you can get it done in Winnipeg, but i forget the name  :-/

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I have a consultation booked with Dr. Turner on the 4th of Jan.

Offline stoptit

• Posting Member
I have a consultation booked with Dr. Turner on the 4th of Jan.

any updates? ???

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member

any updates? ???

IT turned out it wasent so much a consultation as it was a visit with his assitant Marla. It was really a waste of my time to be honest, she just answered some questions and gave me a price.

I'm going to see Turner himself on feb6th so that should go alot better.

Sorry I didnt update, but there was really nothing to say.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 05:36:29 PM by Allan7865 »

Offline stoptit

• Posting Member
Kinda upsetting since the site itself states that they would show pics of work they have done on what your looking into. But thanks and keep us Manitoban's updated  :D

Offline warrenpeace

• Posting Member
how much would this surgery run you? I thought it was covered under Manitoba Health

Offline stoptit

• Posting Member
how much would this surgery run you? I thought it was covered under Manitoba Health

im really REALLY hoping so too   :(

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member

about 4500$

Offline stoptit

• Posting Member
so definately not cover by MB health?
guessing the worse the gyne the higher the costs?

Offline randomguy

Hi guys, this is my first time posting on here. I am from winnipeg and had the surgery a few years back with dr stranc (not sure about the spelling of his name but it sounded like "strank") at the Health Sciences Center.

The whole thing was covered by medicare or manitoba health or whatever it's called (the purple card we all have) and didn't cost me a thing.

Scarring was minimal. The scars are there but chicks don't notice them unless I point it out (I've told a couple of them about it). Also to some degree the condition has returned over time, probably due to the fact I've put on tons of weight.

I don't know how long these posts are allowed to go so I'm going to do another reply under here... there's a couple more things I want to say.

Offline randomguy

I've never seen the surgeon since the operation, but I do kind of have a beef with him because he was a lot more concerned with getting the operation done rather than understanding the results I was looking for. My nipples are still really puffy and as I said I've put on some weight and the condition has returned to some degree, to the point where I might go complain and try to get somebody to do the surgery again. He didn't seem to care when I asked how the nipples would look and stuff, but hey I forgave him when I saw all the gland crap he pulled out of my breasts. Literally they pull a big mound of yellow crud right out of you, and man is it a good feeling when you wake up and it's done.

I guess I wanted to say that I know exactly what it's like to have this and what a stupid thing it is to be stuck with. I spent years avoiding going swimming with my buddies... showering with the hockey team... gym class change rooms... and I was embarassed to wear tight t-shirts and blablabla I could whine on about it forever.

At the end of the day I finally sucked it up and went to see a doctor about it. I'm not bragging here because it took me YEARS to do it, which looking back is absolute stupidity. If you have this and it's affecting your life go get it dealt with! You all know enough from this website that you can call the hospital and start asking about the surgery and so forth. So seriously just pick up the phone and get it started. Most of my friends never even knew I had surgery at all and the ones I did choose to tell all just accepted it when I told them the following:

"I needed surgery for some glands or something in my chest, it was no big deal to take it out now but my doctor said that if I left it in there it might cause problems down the road or something".

I knew all about what I was having done and I just told that to people because I was embarassed. You know what? Nobody gave a shit they just accepted that I'd had some kind of "gland surgery". My life got a lot better for having done it.

The recovery was like... well I don't remember all of it as this was a few years back, but I had a little blood thing attached to me for a couple days (it sounds worse than it was) and I had to basically sleep it off the first day. After a few days I went to the doctor and he pulled out the blood thing (it's like a drainage thing) and sent me on my way.

A few days after that the bandages come off, and when I say bandages just picture a big white cloth wrapped around your boobs and your back, like if somebody ran around you with saran wrap a few times while you held your arms up. The day the drainage thing came off I threw on a shirt over the wraps and went out to party.

It kind of pisses me off to talk about this whole mess just because it was a painful thing for me growing up, but for some reason I'm interested in talking about it. I checked off the thing to be notified of replies here and if anyone wants any advice or whatever let me know by replying on here.

I'm 26 now, must have been 21 or 22 when I got that done.

Don't let this bullshit get you down.

Keep your head up... go to the Health Sciences Center... and handle it.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:01:01 PM by randomguy »

Offline warrenpeace

• Posting Member
I just had mine done with Dr. Turner at the Maples Surgical Centre. I was in and out in three hours, just felt REALLY tired for the rest of the day, but the pain was minor in my neck and throat (from the anesthesia) for the last couple days. No worse than your average cold, really. They were a little unclear about when I could take the dressing off, but I go in next week with Dr. Turner to clear things up.

I had minimal bruising, but mine was a pretty minor case. The main thing was decreasing the actual nipple size, and it appears they were successful in doing so.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Saw Dr.Turner for my three month post-op yesterday. He said for me to come back in three more months. My chest has improved but is not perfect, he says that he can do another surgery to reduce the streched out skin if he has to.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024