Author Topic: max private messages  (Read 6283 times)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
someone once wondered how many pm's you could get before the function froze.  it appears to be about 61 or 62.  dunno if i could get merle or simon to lend a hand, but anyone who's sent me anything, be aware it's unavailable (yahoo im is an option too).  seems similar to the fact if you look at more than 50 past messages it locks too, so for general info.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline hypo

I have had problems also.  I have not been able to access my outbox for some considerable time and this has made things quite difficult for me.

DrBermant

someone once wondered how many pm's you could get before the function froze.  it appears to be about 61 or 62.  dunno if i could get merle or simon to lend a hand, but anyone who's sent me anything, be aware it's unavailable (yahoo im is an option too).  seems similar to the fact if you look at more than 50 past messages it locks too, so for general info.  

The forum message center has been broken for a long time as I reported many months ago here and to Merle who said they "were fixing it."  Searches are now becoming eratic.

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline headheldhigh01

looks like somebody tried to send me another pm.  just a reminder i can't get those now.  try yahoo instant messenger or normal message if you need to.  

if anyone's pm's are stacking up close to 60, recommend deleting a few.  
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 06:12:17 PM by headheldhigh01 »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
hmmm thats weird. Mine works fine...
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
hmmm thats weird. Mine works fine...

Mine also. However, I have nowhere near 60 msgs in my PM.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

Mine also. However, I have nowhere near 60 msgs in my PM.

It is amazing no matter how many times you advise that a message system is not working, some members insist on sending new private messages.

I (and many others) cannot access the private message system.  From what Merle had told me the gynecomastia.org database is corrupt and a fix is pending.

You can send an email to me here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I (and many others) cannot access the private message system.  From what Merle had told me the gynecomastia.org database is corrupt and a fix is pending.

I wonder why my PM works and yours doesn't.... Strange huh?

DrBermant

I wonder why my PM works and yours doesn't.... Strange huh?

Corrupt data files can have parts that work and others that will crash when accessed.  This is the message I get when trying to get to my messages that a yabb tech said indicates a corrupt database file:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, merle@myost.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline hypo

I get that message when trying to access my outbox and when using the search function.

Offline headheldhigh01

bumping.  somebody sent me a pm, just letting you know i can't read it.  you'd have to use yahoo i.m. or the public board.  

Offline headheldhigh01

somebody sent another pm, no can read.  yahoo i.m. or public, sorry.  

Offline headheldhigh01

re-post  

somebody sent another pm, no can read.  yahoo i.m. or public, sorry.

Offline headheldhigh01

i feel silly doing this, but i and anyone with over 60 private messages can't read a thing -- please post on regular board or send a yahoo instant message, same handle.  

Offline hypo

Maybe somone could pull a finger out and actually fix this problem so Head et al wouldn't have to put up with this and people could perform searches and open their outbox.

Just a thought.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024