Author Topic: I need your prayers,support, and ideas.  (Read 26073 times)

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
I have to take the following steps in order for me to get surgery:

0. Find temporary bsd (boob restraining device)
1. Lose Weight
2. Get the money together
3. Get surgery

Find temporary boob restraining device:

I train BJJ and Muay Thai usually with a fairly tight wife beater on, but as of late its not holding up really well (i gained about 8 pounds during finals week at school) and sometimes the straps come off leaving me temporarily exposed and very distracted/vunerable. I read about underworks at this site, i need to look at some other recommendations on the forums and make a decision. This is by far the easiest thing to do. I expect it to be done very soon.

Lose Weight:

This is likely going to be the hardest step so i am breaking it up into a bunch of smaller steps.

1. Talk to my ,soon to be, trainer about nutrition specific to my goals.
2. Get nutrition back on track.
3. Get back to training (MMA not weights) 3+ times a week.
4. Maintain training and nutrition till it becomes a part of my life (i am guessing 2-3 months of consistent training+eating right).

Current Stats:

212 Pounds (at 6 feet) 23% fat.

Goal:

175-180 Pounds 15-16% fat

This goal is where i could really use your help! I often lose sight of my goal and why i am doing what i am doing. I think by people posting stories of their own struggle/victories/failures we can help each other achieve our goals. Its just too easy for me to fall into the trap of self pity and stop fighting for happiness. I have come a long way i was 241 (maybe more) and 34+% fat, but to this day i am terrified of being ridiculed. To the point of never having learned to swim, or having kissed a girl(i am 23 and am complimented on my looks often), or even gotten a massage, etc. My gyne is a lot better but it still is pretty damn bad*, plus there is the loose skin from dropping down to a very unhealthy 190 at some point. So i hope YOU will post something to let me know that i am not the only one fighting for my dignity and the right to feel good enough about my body so that it doesnt come between me and my capacity to love.

Get the money together:

Here is where I am blessed. I don’t have the money but I do have the option to make sacrifices to get it.  I need to do the following things to get the possible 10,000** needed for my surgery.

1.   Get health Insurance (for possible coverage[any recommendations]/to pay some of the bills)
2.   Raise my credit score (Applying for credit cards and using them to pay for things I pay with my debit card)
3.   Save more money (eating right, curb excessive spending)
4.   Maintain grades to get scholarship/summer internship
5.   If necessary take less classes next spring and work 3-4 days
6.   Get a loan
7.   Ask Mom, Dad, Cousins,  etc. for a loan

Get Surgery:
 Next summer (maybe earlier)

*posting pics tomorrow
** I was told by a top gynecomastia surgeon that I might need to get the loose skin removed first, and I might have to pay out of my pocket for all the hormone tests.

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
pics. I am a hairy bastard. It actually helps me feel more masculine. Would shave it off after surgery :)

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6289/hpim00801ho5.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4052/hpim00791yt7.jpg

how bad do i got it (1-10)?

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
 Ok, so i have an appointment with a nutrition expert Wednesday! I am also ordering Underworks garments. What are the best numbers for us? Never mind i found a bunch of threads on that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:43:47 AM by KeepFighting »

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Hi, glad you posted up with similar details to my thread, hopefully we can all do similar and keep track of how we and others are getting on. It's good to have a "game plan". Good luck and keep posting up.

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
 Okay, i just pruchased Underworks 993 a medium and a large! Excited about delivery. Also trying to figure out a good insurance company , any ideas? (i am 23, FT student, and work for myself).

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
 I was supposed to train today :( But didnt feel like getting up... Ill try again tomorrow... I want to get it back to 2x a week this week. Have been doing 1 a week for 2 weeks. My goal is 3-6 (i have done it before). I just feel too bad right now. Hopefully it will pass soon.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I was supposed to train today :( But didnt feel like getting up... Ill try again tomorrow... I want to get it back to 2x a week this week. Have been doing 1 a week for 2 weeks. My goal is 3-6 (i have done it before). I just feel too bad right now. Hopefully it will pass soon.

I've been through that and it doesn't work... "tomorow" just doesn't cut it. I said "tomorow" last thursday when I didn't go to the gym and felt so guilty I ended up going on saturday.. this week I've pulled a muscle in my leg at the weekend and now I missed climbing mon and gym tonight so feel really guilty now! I think you just gotta force yourself to go and then you'll realise you feel better and want to go, every now and then you might feel like you don't wanna go but you just gotta force yourself... at least thats the way I've been feeling about the whole gym thing.

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
I know your right, i just dont feel up to it. I am thinking through a lot of things. I talked to the nutritionist and i am going to meet with him Saturday. In the meantime i decided to go in Thursday and Saturday morning for training. So i will be back at 2 for this week. I am slowly cleaning up my diet as well. Lets see how tomorrow goes.

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
I trained today! Well almost, i just watched and did 5 rounds of jump rope plus situps, crunches, squats and push ups. Oh yeah i got the underworks 993. Large fits really comfortably for me. I love them so far! Lets see if i can make my goal of exercising 2x this week.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:39:02 AM by KeepFighting »

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
Got up early this morning and took a walk. Had a great talk with a good friend of mine about women and relationships (mostly about the fears i have). I think i might go out and try it again, gyne sucks but i feel alot better after working out yesterday and getting these underworks products. Hope everyone else is making progress!

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
I didn't make my mark of training twice last week(over trained thursday) but i am starting again this week in hopes of doing the following things:

I hope to train Monday, Wednesday,and Friday this week. (2 BJJ one Muay Thai)
 Wake up everyday at 7:00-7:30 am.
 Fix my nutrition by Saturday (get my meals figured out for the next 5 weeks).

Ill keep you guys posted. In other news it looks like i will be sleeping over a friend's house this Saturday, i think she has a thing for me and last time i saw her she was looking really pretty. Man i hope i work up the nerve to make a move on her...I
want to finally kiss a girl! argh! Any advice for a 23 year old guy with gyne and no experience kissing?

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
 Okay i made it in to train yesterday and am recovering today. I should be recovered by tomorrow. I also have most of my diet together, waiting on the last two meals. Hopefully i will be training hard and settled in by the time July comes around.

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
 Finally! I got my first kiss, and a bunch of other firsts  ;D . I also made it to train 3x last week so i am slowly getting back on track. A great week on my side, hope everyone else has been making progress. I am starting to understand what maywest said in his reply earlier. I cant believe it held me back for so long. Oh yeah the diet is all set up too, just waiting on some basic supplies to arrive.

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
 Thanks for the reply maywest. Its nice being with the girl instead of gawking at other girls. I still have my body issues but i have a little more room. Supplies for my nutrition program have arrived and today is going to be the 2nd day of hard training this week (i did show up 3x). I am also researching health plans so i can get a hormone profile done (thanks in large part to JackD's post last night). I am hoping there is something hormonal that needs to be resolved...

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Hey mate! good news with the lass. I hope I'm as lucky sometime this year!

Definetly get the hormone profile/blood works done and see an endocrinologist. It's amazing how much better you feel after 1) telling someone about your problems in person; 2) finding out what is wrong with you, even though it's "bad" news technically, its always better when you know WHAT you're dealing with and 3) finding out just how it can be cured/solved/improved and starting treatment.

I was really suprised how confident my endo was with my treatment, he acted like it was no big deal at all and almost felt normal for a change.. it's weird to explain, maybe he's just a nice bloke and put my mind at rest.

As for the training, keep it up, as you know I've dropped off the plan a bit, but fighting back on it.. I'll be around the site a bit more often now so I'll keep updating my thread, and posting congrats and encouragements here!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024