Author Topic: You need a bra; parents; layering etc.  (Read 6647 times)

Offline xunit

• Posting Member
"You need a bra!"

That was what one of my classmates said in sixth grade when she saw me with my shirt off.  That was the first time I became conscious of my breasts developing.  I remember that first year, and not for very long, I loved my breasts, took care of them, and they looked lovely to me.  I had a green sweater that I knew showed off my little shape.  I was so happy.  I even found one of my big sister's old bras in the linen closet and secretly tried it on one day... not like it fit, though. :)

But after those first few months, I pretty much forgot about my breasts.

I want to tell the forum what my experiences were with my parents.  After that first joyful period, I did experience pain in my nipple area, "bumps" like everyone here mentions.  I told my mother about the lumps under my nipples, and she had our physician examine me.  But nothing happened after that.

Then main puberty kicked in a few years later, about 8th grade, and conflicts began.  I think everyone here in this forum knows what it is like.  I was never very large, but large enough to be conspicuous, large enough to get a remark like that from my classmate, "You need a bra."

(Now that I am older, I am a bit larger and actually "pass" the pencil test that supposedly tells whether you should wear a bra.)

Anyway, all the anger and body hate and confusion I see in some of the posts here, I experienced that.  Now, though, I am older, and I understand the genetics and endocrine reasons for my breasts, so I can be a bit more peaceful about my shape.  When I was younger, I could not get surgery; now I do not want it.  I sometimes wear a bra at home; mostly I do not.

A few years ago, I went in for my first breast exam.  I felt lumps under my arm, and was worried that it was lymph nodes.  My nurse practitioner asked me if I were on hormone replacement - and at first I thought she meant steroids for weightlifting.  :D  Anyway, she said my breasts have a lot of dense tissue (glandular tissue), fibrocystic breast changes, and the milk ducts are enlarged to normal size for a woman.  She referred my for screening ultrasound and mammography - all normal.  Later that summer I looked at several mammography websites and found lots of mammograms of women's breasts that looked just like MY mammograms.  I never knew the extent of my development til then.  My breasts are uneven; I am a bit larger on the left.

In truth, I wish I could get back to the feeling I had in sixth grade when I loved my breasts and wanted to take care of them and saw them as pretty and was happy with them.  I think that is impossible now, as an adult, but maybe not.

(In case you wonder - I have been sexually involved with lots of women, but I have never married.  I live alone now.)

So now, I accept my breasts: I get my nurse practitioner to examine my breasts annually, I get my boobs smushed  :)  in the annual mammogram session, layer my clothes carefully so that no one can see the headlights, and so on and so forth... and I try to get my feelings about my breasts to be peaceful.

OK, my life story is finished for now.  I hope this helps some of the forum members who read it.  8)

[P.S. I posted this in another area, Your Stories, but I think this area is maybe better.]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 04:09:56 PM by xunit »

Offline bman

• Posting Member
  • i have breasts and am proud of them wear a 38b cup
a lady friend noticed my breast development recently and started buying me bras and encouraging me to wear them ..feel much better comfortable and supported ..is nice to have a friend that cares enough to help ..not feeling so lonely anymore ..it's only under wear..38b and proud ..
i have breasts and i wear a bra ...
friends are like a good bra
supportive and comfortable

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024