Author Topic: I am not a Freak just because I accept Gynecomastia!!  (Read 13049 times)

13genof

I am no different than anyone else on this site other than I have accepted my Gynecomastia and have decided to live with it instead of surgery.

I admit that I have had thoughts of surgery, but back then it was out of the picture because of money!

I spent some years ashamed of my chest!

I spent sometime locked in my house!

I spent time trying to hide it!

I spent time swimming with a shirt on, or not swimming at all!

I also hurt myself by not dating, because of gynecomastia!

I have and still hear all the comments, like look he has breast,boobs, breasts, moobs, he needs a bra, or even today when my wife and I go shopping and she is shopping for a swimming suit, and people say is that for her or me because I have bigger breast than her.

But because of money and not being able to afford surgery I had to accept my Gynecomastia!

Does that mean that I am against surgery, NO I just don't believe that it is the only option in life, and people should have a choice!

If a person can't come to terms with Gynecomastia, and has the money to have surgery then by all means have the surgery, but, DON'T BASH ANYONE AND DON'T MAKE ANYONE FEEL THAT SURGERY IS THE ONLY OPTION! 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

Offline RepCracker

• Posting Member
I am no different than anyone else on this site other than I have accepted my Gynecomastia and have decided to live with it instead of surgery.

I admit that I have had thoughts of surgery, but back then it was out of the picture because of money!

I spent some years ashamed of my chest!

I spent sometime locked in my house!

I spent time trying to hide it!

I spent time swimming with a shirt on, or not swimming at all!

I also hurt myself by not dating, because of gynecomastia!

I have and still hear all the comments, like look he has breast,boobs, breasts, moobs, he needs a bra, or even today when my wife and I go shopping and she is shopping for a swimming suit, and people say is that for her or me because I have bigger breast than her.

But because of money and not being able to afford surgery I had to accept my Gynecomastia!

Does that mean that I am against surgery, NO I just don't believe that it is the only option in life, and people should have a choice!

If a person can't come to terms with Gynecomastia, and has the money to have surgery then by all means have the surgery, but, DON'T BASH ANYONE AND DON'T MAKE ANYONE FEEL THAT SURGERY IS THE ONLY OPTION! 

I'm glad you've accepted your G...I too share some of your experiences.   Thank you for showing me that I am not alone

13genof

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
I haven't accepted mine but I bet it took time to convince yourself to accept yours so congrats!.I really don't think gyne is a "medical condition" if you can enjoy life with it...so you pretty much healed yourself :)
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

13genof

Thanks

You are still young, you may grow out of having gyne, It doesn't look real bad, but none the less it can be bothersome, the choice is yours, if it is something that you just can't live with and have the money, and have reach true adulthood (growing wise) then all means have surgery, but always realize surgery isn't the only option!

yes it took sometime to accept mine, in fact my mother 85 years old, reminded of some thing she has always said, play the hand dealt to you, if you don't have any other option, in other words make the most of life!

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
This past week we went on our annual family vacation in South Carolina (Kiawah Island is amazing).  I myself am just a few months post op.  We went to a water park one day, my first ever shirtless vacation.  I walked around that park like I owned the joint I was so happy.

At one point I walked past a young man sitting on a lounge chair.   He was about 20 yrs old give or take, engaged in conversation with a few of his friends, and he was the proud owner of the two largest man boobs I have ever seen, and I am not exaggerating.

Part of me wanted to go up to him and say look at me dude, you can fix that.  I felt sorry for him, they were just huge.  Later I recalled thinking he might have said to me "dude, I don't need a fix, I am just fine the way I am".  Given his comfortability with his own body when I saw him, my guess is that is what he would have said.

I could never do what he did, but he can and does.

Two ways of dealing with the same issue.  I am only sorry for the ones that struggle and don't get the peace he and I had found separately.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
No you are not a freak for accepting it.  Good for you.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think you can accept yourself even when you don't accept the gyne.  i might have given that guy the site address on a piece of paper, since even if he were an accepter he might have enjoyed the general info or acceptance boards. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
i think you can accept yourself even when you don't accept the gyne.  i might have given that guy the site address on a piece of paper, since even if he were an accepter he might have enjoyed the general info or acceptance boards. 

I don't think that is a good idea.  He might have been happy with them or not even considered it a problem.  Then all of a sudden he comes on here and reads the endless posts from all the tortured souls on these boards and all of sudden he feels like there is something wrong with him as well. 

13genof

Sorry guys, I don't want to mislead anyone,  I accept my self and my Gynecomastia!

I started the message in response to someone calling me a freak because I accept my gynecomastia on this site!   

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I started the message in response to someone calling me a freak because I accept my gynecomastia on this site!

Nobody is a freak for the acceptance of their G. If you can deal with it, all the more power to you broh!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024