Author Topic: How to deal with: going in front of more than 500 people?  (Read 14346 times)

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
I would like to ask, how do you deal with this kind of situation?

My boss had a talk earlier, and he told me I need to go to an company's event because I will be receiving an award and all the employees will be attending too. I had been throwing lots of excuses before. But now, he told me to go to the event and reserve all my energy so that I will be able to attend to the event...

Any advice?  :'( :'( :'( :'(
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
You have gyne? Then wear something tight like under armor to hide your moobs, and also gather up your balls and just do it. For me, standing in front of 500 people would kill me. Good luck.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline rs4

dude I hope it's cold out there... that can help...

p.s. did you really have 4 surgeries and still have this problem ;( ?

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Here's how I recommend you deal with it.

Begin by casually going up on the stage. Accept your award and place it at your feet. Then remove your shirt and start jumping up and down screaming "I have gynecomastia! AHHHH!!! Gynecomastia!!!! AHhhhh!!!!" And then pick up the award and run around the room with your shirt off screaming this until security or the police show up, at which point you should co-operate fully so no charges will be pressed.

By doing this you'll have raised awareness about gynecomastia, which will give you much more self-satisfaction in the end than some cheesy little award ever could.

You gonna need balls of steel for that one my friend.

Offline phxguy123

• Posting Member
Why don't you just wear a compression garment, or wear a button down shirt with a blazer/jacket.  You can't see manboobs through a blazer...it's like wearing a coat.  You can even combine all of the above suggestions.

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
I would like to ask, how do you deal with this kind of situation?

My boss had a talk earlier, and he told me I need to go to an company's event because I will be receiving an award and all the employees will be attending too. I had been throwing lots of excuses before. But now, he told me to go to the event and reserve all my energy so that I will be able to attend to the event...

Any advice?  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dude, is the gyne the issue here or just the very common social/public speaking anxiety? If it is the latter, there are beta blockers (performers sometimes take them). They don't work for me, though. Personally, I have found, if it is possible, two drinks to be a charm -- no more or you make a very memorable appearance. TV talk shows offer guests a glass of wine all the time.

Offline Dpw

• Posting Member
Three strips of duct tape over your chest, 6 total worked for me before I stopped caring what people think, I still won't take my shirt off.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I have been a presenter at group healthcare conferences in front of hundreds of doctors and administrators.  In the years I was trying to hide my DD breasts I would wear a 3 piece suit. With a 52 inch jacket and 36 inch waist with a very short rise in the pants it's tough to get a decent looking suit any way but custom.  It needs extensive tailoring from a "trunk" show situation after getting the right pieces or to be custom made. I bought a lot of Hong Kong custom suits through the years.  Proper tailoring of the jacket and the vest would allow my vest and jacket lapels to lay nicely.  The tailoring is required to keep the vest and  lapels from popping up and causing shadows.  A soft dark grey or navy blue suit will minimize shadowing.  A very white shirt and suitable tie will draw the attention.  Read Dress for Success

In a choir I sang in we all wore white tie and tails. We would be performing in front of as many as 1500 people.  I did some tenor solos occasionally.  Now THAT is exposed. I was much more worried about hitting the wrong note than anything else. The shirt fronts were heavily starched and were easy to get to lay flat.  We all had to use the matching studs and cufflinks.  I also did amateur Broadway musical productions and was always in the chorus.  Again costuming and distance was everything.

As a nudist I've given presentations or performances in front of hundreds of other nudists.  That's the easiest.  Nobody gives a damn. After looking at the pictures here I would say a significant percentage of men have enlarged breasts. I haven't seen any others as large as mine at the clubs but in this, as in many other things size isn't the issue. In this grooming is what will be noticed, especially if done badly.  Non-nudists are scared to death that the first time they walk out to the pool in front of 200 people on a busy weekend that everybody will suddenly notice them and pay attention the instant they walk into sight. Some are actually bothered that nobody at all notices them except the club busybody who is checking for rule infractions and notices nothing else at all unless she is looking for you.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
As a general rule layering clothes reduces the visual effect. A shirt with a sport coat is pretty successful if you are in a pinch ,remember button the blazer.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
dude go buy a waist trimmer! Promise its the best solution!!!

Offline TomR1934

• Posting Member
Just dress appropriately in loose clothing. Wear a tie and jacket. You'll be fine.

Everyone is different and therefore attractive to someone. Let it happen.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024