Author Topic: Cause of Breast Pain  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
There have been numerous references to breast pain as associated with gynecomastia.  However I need clarification on the cause of the pain.  Is the pain (a)merely the result of the stimulation of the breast gland by estrogen or (b)is the pain an indication that there is growth of the breast gland in progress?  Thanks for your help.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First we need to make it clear than sensitivity is normal. This would be true whether or not a person has Gynecomastia. The nipples especially can be very sensitive. The sensation could be pleasant or it could be a nuisance but it is not an a problem. There may be sensitivity to touch or to rubbing as when the clothes rub against the nipples.

Pain is different. You do not need any stimulation to provoke pain. The most common cause would be pressure due to growth. Cysts or other growths are rare in men but they can cause pain even if the cause is benign. Obviously if a man has painful breasts he should see a Doctor.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your prompt reply.  Two points of clarifications my doctors, urologist and endoronologist, are aware of this condition and are monitoring it.  They advise me that this is nothing to worry about and they don't appear overly concerned about the breast pain but rather the cause of the elevated testostorne level. Although the level is in the overall normal range it's on the high side for a man of my age. Secondly there is no pain or heightened sensitivity in the nipple. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It sounds like you are in good hands, I would advise you to go with whatever your Doctors are saying. I would have nothing of value to add.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024