Author Topic: An Introduction and a question  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Samael

• Posting Member
Good Day to all,
I have Gynecomastia, and have been doing research on this for a while.
My story is that I had mainly psudeo-gyne through puberty, and I was obese, but I have lost a lot of weight and was since married, then 3 years ago when my wife was in her second trimester, I began lactating to my surprise, and since then I have been growing breasts. I also have rapid weight gain/loss on a short time scale, but average around. I've lost over 50lbs of fat and gained muscle. Doc says I'm still overweight, but doesn't gripe at me about it because she knows I have been losing weight and has been supportive of the loss.
I have now come to accept that surgery is not for me and will only have my breasts removed if medically necessary.

My Current Stats:
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 285lb +- 10lb on any given day
My chest measures 42 for the band, and 49 cup (42E(UK)). But because I have a lot of side boob, I feel most comfortable wearing a C Cup.
I plan on adding pics when I can.

I do have a question, are there ways of moving the side boob forward?

hammer

I believe by "side boob" you are talking about under your armpit to the outside of your breast? If so, you need a good side support bra, but you can't "move" it anywhere. I'm a 46H and I find that to get real good all around support I needed to get a formal fitting, and buy very well made bras!

Offline Samael

• Posting Member
I believe by "side boob" you are talking about under your armpit to the outside of your breast? If so, you need a good side support bra, but you can't "move" it anywhere. I'm a 46H and I find that to get real good all around support I needed to get a formal fitting, and buy very well made bras!
Yes, That is right about the under the armpit.

hammer

Then there is nothing you can do with that but get good side support. It can't be moved. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No, but there is something that might help.   Get a bra with a band about two inches longer and one cup size smaller.  Preferably one that has a T or Y strap and front closing.  Then take an inch tuck in either side in the back.  The result will be a garment with the same size cups and band but with the cups further apart.  With a bra that fastens in the back take the tuck in the center near the hooks. 
The male chest is differently proportioned than that of a female and the breasts are spaced wider apart.  Sometimes this simple alteration will give a much better fit. 
Hopefully this will help.  
Grandpa Dan

Offline TigerPaws

Likely your recent breast growth is because of your weight loss, fat stores Estrogen so when you loose weight your Estrogen levels go up, hence increased breast development.

Good news is that once your weight stabilizes you breast growth will slow down, bad news is get used to them because they are here to stay.

As for Lactation, while not uncommon if it continues you should have your blood checked for elevated Prolactin levels. Prolactin is produced naturally, a rapid peek and decline in estrogen levels can trigger the production of Prolactin but is should decline fairly quickly after the Estrogen peek.

Women go through the same process, Estrogen peeks just before birth which triggers the production of Prolactin. Then it is the stimulation of the breast/nipple through feeding a baby which keeps the Pituitary Gland producing Prolactin and therefor the  continued lactation.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I strongly agree with Hammer on getting a "good" bra! Avoid cheap bras because they are junk. I started buying the cheap bras thinking I was getting a deal. Big mistake! Spend a little more for good bras because they will far outlast the cheap ones and save money in the long run. Besides, a good bra will feel a lot better and provide good support in front, at the sides and in back. I also agree with my brothers about getting front closure bras which seem to provide more side support which I also seem to require.

aboywithgirls

A good bra is to breasts, as braces are to teeth, to some degree. There is something known as tissue migration. Men don't typically expierience this because they don't wear.garments which can cause this. Women on the otherhand will see this from wearing a good underwire bra or a corset. Wearing a good underwire bra for 16 hours a day, everyday WILL begin to move the side boob towards the front. A wire free bra won't have the same result. 
I have worn a bra for almost 30 years now. I started wearing during puberty. In my late twenties, I moved into a D cup. The fitter suggested that I try a good underwire for added support. I had shyed away from them because I was told that they were uncomfortable and the wires dug into the skin (sounded horrible). She told me.that if the bra fit properly that it can be very comfortable. After that, I replaced all of my bras with underwires. I really appreciated the extra support from the underwire. A few months after I was wearing underwires exclusively, I noticed that my side boob was less and I projected more.

Offline TigerPaws

aboywithgirls is correct, with a properly designed and constructed garment the issue with breast tissue under the arm will be greatly reduced. 
Tissue migration is also very real but there are many variables. The dreaded side boob is normal for men with Gyneocomastia, it is somewhat because of our greater chest diameter and it is genetic. Face it women are built differently (bless they hearts) with a smaller rib cage and tapered chest to waist.
Our new SportsVest will have 10cm side panels which are made of a strong high compression fine weave mesh for strength and breathability. The side panels are also tapered which pushes the excess tissue under the arm towards the front. While under normal circumstances this would increase the apparent projection the front panels and cup design will spread the tissue out. 
The effect is to create an appearance that you have larger pectoral muscles verses breast tissue. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024