Author Topic: Comments lead to acceptance  (Read 3796 times)

Offline SideSet

When my breasts started to develop at puberty, at first I really did not pay attention.  But as these soft fleshy mounds continued growing on my chest, I could not help but notice.  Even so, I put it out of my head.
However, when the comments started, I could not ignore my boobs any more.  I started comparing myself to the girls in my class, but I was still in denial, thinking I could hide my breasts while the other girls were making their development obvious. 
As the comments from my classmates grew, I went from denial to acceptance.  But I was ashamed, unlike the other girls, who were clearly proud.  They seemed to enjoy the attention, while I tried to avoid it.  They were wearing tops that showed their breasts, while I looked for tops that hid.  Their posture had their breasts pushed forwards, while I hunched my shoulders to hide.
My boobs would jiggle provocatively, while theirs were held nicely in place by their bras.  Their bras also gave them a nice rounded shape and you could not see their nipples.  My boobs showed themselves as more pointed and my nipples, which had not gotten bigger and puffy often were visible under my tops. 
The jiggling was not that comfortable and my nipples were quite sensitive, too.  I wondered how the other girls' breasts and nipples were feeling.  Did their bras make them feel as much better as they looked?

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I am sorry to hear about your youth, I didn't realize you had your breast a such an early age.  I didn't get mine until after I retired.  After your retired nobody notices much but an old man with some FAT boobs.  So I let them believe it and just carry on not really noticing me.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Johndoe1

Sideset, sounds like me. I developed in puberty as well. It was a slow development that went into my 20's. From high school and into college, I was known as "T*ts", "Boobs" and other things not so presentable in public. I would say my 20's were probably the worst years since I even had supervisors comment on my breasts, usually in front of others and they were not words of kindness either. I can honestly say that the most encouraging words I have had about my gynecomastia has come from women, even today. But on the other end of the scale, the worst has been at the hands, and in one case, boobs, of women. They have been the most vicious, vile and in several cases, obscene about it, and doing it public no less. I even had one a few years ago, in front of another person drag her ample breasts across my chest, bumping into both of my breasts and then laughing about it as she walked away. I know don't take that crap from anyone anymore and since I started wearing a bra full time, my self esteem and body image has drastically improved. I am sorry it took so many years to finally come to terms about my breasts and begin to celebrate what has been given to me instead of complaining all the time about them. It is a journey and a process.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline SideSet

Athena, thank you for your caring reply.

John Doe, we can very much relate on this.  On the plus side, we have empathy for what women experience and feel. We understand the harassment. But we also understand the pride and pleasure.

Looking in the mirror, and seeing breasts most women would kill for.  That sensuous and, yes, sexy, little bounce and jiggle when we move about as we wear a lighter supporting bra.  And that indescribable feeling of power and accomplishment as we fill our bra cups,  and know that we need to wear a bra.

Finally, there is the point of comfortable  routine and normalcy of it becoming second nature to put on your bra when you get dressed, and the question is not do I wear a bra, but which bra do I wish to wear today.

aboywithgirls

That's all true. We understand the obligation that we have to wear a bra because we have breasts. We also know the difference that a good bra can make. It improves how you feel physically and mentally knowing that your not letting the girls run wild under your top. Your appearance and confidence improve. Life is better with a good bra.

Offline Johndoe1

ABWG, you are so right. A good fitting, comfortable bra does make all the difference in not just appearance and taming the girls, but how one feels about themselves. Before I started wearing a bra I worried about what people saw or would say. After I got the movement tamed people stopped noticing for the most part. I hardly think about my bust now. I am a much happier person because of that one garment around my chest. 

Offline SideSet

ABWG  and John Doe,  I completely agree. I now pretty much view my breasts the way a woman word. Putting on a bra when I get dressed is pretty much automatic. And I  proud of my breasts and like them to look good in whenever I am wearing.

Offline Johndoe1

That is me sideset. Putting on a bra in the morning is automatic. I usually stay in a bra until bed time because the movement bothers me too much. Like women, over time, they started needing some help. When I started,  the tightness and the marks on my body took a little getting used to, but the great feeling of support and containment was instantaneous. I knew at that moment I had made the right decision to start wearing support. While I do get quite a lift, I do look better and the more lift I have the more physically comfortable I am.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
I have to repeat what someone once said in a chat "People want to see what they what to see".  So if they don't want to see a bra on a man they will not,  I have finally realized that the saying is correct.  If you wear normal clothes they will not notice the bra underneath, Unless you are a Full D  cup or larger, I am a full 36B (finally) and wear ab ra every day n.and no one has ever said a word, But not much is going to hide a large set of breasts, man or women.  It is just that women can get way with it  better,  But remember you never forget a woman with a full G or H  cup bra and the response is not normally flattering,  They don't try to hide it where we will.  We enjoy our breast and don't mind showing some projection now and then but unless you are someone like Hammer or ABWG, we enjoy or breast in silence..

Offline Johndoe1

Athena12, I wish I could go about my day and not worry about it like women do, but my DD chest precedes me. While I don't try to hide them anymore, I am careful to not draw attention either. A tight form fitting top is not something I wear in public. Around the house when it is hot, I have been known to wear a thin layered woman's top for comfort but nothing too reveiling but in a size that fits me, the girls put on a good show anyway, but I would never wear it in public. Those  tops would definitely draw attention. I admit I do wish I could wear women's tops for one reason. The cut at the bust. In a man's shirt there's no give so you either wear a slightly larger shirt so the fabric does not constantly pull down on the girls or you feel your boobs being pulled down under the shirt. I loath that feeling. I try and pick tops that will not draw attention but gives comfort as well and if I can find that on a woman's top I would wear it. But their tops are just a bit too form fitting for my body. I do wear ladies layering tanks quite a bit. I find they are more cooler under men's shirts with a bra than men's undershirts. Plus they help keep the shirt from being so form fitting around the breasts and helps hide bumps from the hardware on the straps and hook and eye connection. By being careful to those details I pretty much go unnoticed. 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Johndoe I did not realize you were a DD.  With that size you will have the problems you described. Being a B cup I can only imagine the problems you are having trying to hide breast that size.  Maybe Hammer or ABWG will have some answers for you but you are totally out of my league.  All I ever wanted was a C cup and a DD I could never imagine.  Hel my wife is only a D cup. And I certainly do not want to match her size or worse surpass it.  All I can say is good luck with your hunt for something that will hide them a little better and please contact Hammer and ABGW.

hammer

I just wear a high quality tee shirt one size to big and either a open button down shirt or leather vest. No one has ever said anything or has anyone ever been seen staring and I'm a 46H

aboywithgirls

I  also wear ladies tanks and a tankini when swimming. Woman Within catalog has some great tops that look like men's shirts except they are more accommodating for large breasts and they button opposite but they do work great.

Offline Johndoe1

Johndoe I did not realize you were a DD.  With that size you will have the problems you described. Being a B cup I can only imagine the problems you are having trying to hide breast that size.  Maybe Hammer or ABWG will have some answers for you but you are totally out of my league.  All I ever wanted was a C cup and a DD I could never imagine.  Hel my wife is only a D cup. And I certainly do not want to match her size or worse surpass it.  All I can say is good luck with your hunt for something that will hide them a little better and please contact Hammer and ABGW.

It isn't trying to hide. I don't try to hide anymore. I just don't draw attention to the girls. I have seen the not expecting, not seen before. Since I have been wearing only one male has done a double take but didn't say anything. I have had several women look and while they made no outward recognition, I saw a slight smile of approval and an eye to eye contact. I am looking for the ever seemingly elusive comfort and not drawing attention. I am to the point I don't care if they notice as long as they keep it to themselves. I just want to live in peace,  so to speak.  

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
With my Oldman gut I don't protrude much.  I have what we use to call a "Titty Do".  Her belly sticks out more than her titties do.  But thing again I am only a 36 B and on my frame they look small under about any shirt.  But even when they do or the shirt shows of the bra in the back (or front) I really don't care either.  They don't say anything and neither do I.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024