Author Topic: My Story and Photos  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Bogey61

Like many of you on this board, I have had gynecomastia all my life.  I can’t remember a time when I didn’t have feminine looking breasts.  From early in my childhood when my friends teased me for having “boobies”, to dreading gym class in Junior High when we played “Shirts vs Skins” basketball, to dating in high school and the fear of a girlfriend seeing me without a shirt on, it was a very difficult time for me.  I’ve always been attracted to large breasted women, partly I think because I couldn’t see myself with a woman whose breasts were smaller than mine.  In fact, my wife was a D cup when we met, and currently wears a 40DD bra.

I’m certain my gynecomastia is hereditary from my father’s side of the family.  I am built very much the same as my father was.  My aunt (Dad’s sister) and her daughter were/are both large breasted.  I remember once hearing that my cousin was a G cup.  A male cousin of mine supposedly had breast reduction surgery because of his gynecomastia, but it was kept very hush-hush in the family.

Now with age and weight gain, my breasts are the largest they have ever been.  I don’t know what size bra I would wear, but my sport coat size is 48 regular, so I’m guessing that would be my band size.  Not sure what cup size I am.  I have been thinking I need a bra for support, but don’t know how to bring up the topic to my wife before buying a bra, or if I should just get some bras and tell her.  I’m also afraid to go bra shopping in public.  While out of town recently I ordered two pullover wireless bras in a 3X and picked them up at the store.  While they fit around my chest, the cups had padding and I didn’t like how they looked with or without a shirt on.

Despite the size of my breasts, I do go swimming at our local pool and to the beach on vacation without a shirt covering me.  When I walk the beach or sit by the pool I know I get stares, but I’m beyond the point of caring about them.  From my humiliation when my mother-in-law laughed at me and said “I think you need a bra”, I am now not embarrassed, but in a way proud of my breasts.  If anyone has suggestions about what size or type of bra would be good for me, how to talk about it with my wife, or how to get over my fear of being seen in public looking for a bra, I’d appreciate your thoughts.  I am really glad I’ve found this site.  It has been great reading posts and knowing there are others out there like me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:22:48 PM by Bogey61 »

Offline newat50

• Posting Member
A big step for me was going to a large London department store and getting fitted. They had fittings that could be booked for MtF which meant that I could book on line and they would know that it would be a man turning up. (I'm sure I could have phoned, but being able to book online saved the embarrassment at the first step.) The girl there who did the fitting was so very kind and helpful - so step one was getting a couple of bras I felt comfortable in and that someone kind said worked well on me. The relief of being comfortable has been the backbone of being able to work through all the other issues in my head about it. From what you've said your band size could be as low as 40, so I'd certainly recommend getting fitted - both to start with something that works and is nice and for the whole reassuring experience. (I usually wear 36-38 inch jackets and wear 32 band size with B/C cup breasts.)

Step two was the other day. I went clothes shopping for the first time wearing a bra: the store sold both male and female clothes. I'm never confident about how I look so I took the advice of the two ladies who were serving, explaining that I was rather self-conscious of being a bit big up there and again. They encouraged me to get the one that fitted properly rather than the tent that I went for first off. (They didn't notice the straps under the pale blue one I tried on, but I did and went for the navy instead which didn't show.)

The first bras I tried were soft cups in plain black fabric. I couldn't at that point bring myself to try something I thought too girly (i.e. with lace or an underwire). I'm since converted to underwires - I've found a couple that feel almost weightless.

Good luck with finding something that works. I'm single I'm afraid so can't advise about how to broach it with the wife, but if she sees you happier and more confident then I'm sure that will help.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
HI!  Yes you need a bra and if you are like my getting a fitting was terrifying. finally I found an upscale store that did fittings.  I don't have any lingerie boutiques around here and they are the best place to go since the depend on keeping their small amount customers happy.  When I found a store I trusted I sat in the parking lot  and called them.  I asked if the did fittings and they said yes, then I ask if they fitted men and again they said yes, so we set up an appointment.  When I arrived they were expecting me and I was instantly fitted and they bought me some bra an I wore it out of the store.  I am only a small 38B but I find a bra once in a while but always try it one because I have found many bras where the band stated on the bra is not real.  I have tries on several that said they were my size but in reality the were one to two sizes to small.  

As for your wife and is just ignoring it because she believes bras are women private area. She has to know as large as you are.  She doesn't realize bras are for breast no matter who owns them.  So if you come home with a bra on she may not even notice and if she does explain to her you condition and you need one for support and to stop the excessive sweating.  My wife is the one who told me to get a bra and took me to Wal-Mart.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline newat50

• Posting Member
HI!  Yes you need a bra and if you are like my getting a fitting was terrifying. finally I found an upscale store that did fittings.  I don't have any lingerie boutiques around here and they are the best place to go since the depend on keeping their small amount customers happy.  When I found a store I trusted I sat in the parking lot  and called them.  I asked if the did fittings and they said yes, then I ask if they fitted men and again they said yes, so we set up an appointment.  When I arrived they were expecting me and I was instantly fitted and they bought me some bra an I wore it out of the store.  I am only a small 38B but I find a bra once in a while but always try it one because I have found many bras where the band stated on the bra is not real.  I have tries on several that said they were my size but in reality the were one to two sizes to small. 
Quite agree about the stress of getting into the fitting. When they called me to check the appointment I nearly bottled it.

Offline SideSet

Oh, you definitely need to wear a bra, and will look and feel much better in one. 

I suggest you talk with your wife about it. Hopefully, being full busted herself, she will understand, support, and maybe even help.   If she doesn’t, at least you gave her the chance to, and you can feel good about yourself being upfront. 

Regardless of how it goes with her, you should go for a bra fitting and try on bras before buying. I would recommend Lane Bryant or Catherine’s. They are for full figures like yours and they are very welcoming to men.

I think calling ahead of time to set up an appointment will make you more comfortable and them best prepared to make it a good experience for you.   One look at you and they will understand that you are too big to go braless. 

aboywithgirls

I also feel that you start wearing a bra. I know that you will benefit from a professional bra fitting. Lane Bryant and Torrid have some great bras and are willing and able to help get you the support that you need.

At Torrid, I reccomend trying their "360 Smooth Sexy Tshirt Bra". It's a great bra with wider cups, strap adjusters in front, and a smooth back that keeps the bra more discreet.

Lane Bryant has a new line of balconette bras that are very comfortable and supportive. I wear a 36G usually but in this balconette, I  sized up with a 38G. Its very supportive and makes the girls feel much lighter.

bikerbob

If you are embarrassed about buying a bra in person, there is always mail order.  I use herroom.com.  You can get cheap bras on ebay to help you figure out what works and what doesn't.  If it doesn't fit, pass it on to your favorite thrift shop.  To start out, try a pullover type bra with one size fits all cups.  They don't have hooks or other hardware to show through your clothes.  Women don't care about that but we do.  You definitely need to try a bra.  Once you get used to it, you will wear one every day.  Trust us.

Offline newat50

• Posting Member
If you are embarrassed about buying a bra in person, there is always mail order.  I use herroom.com.  You can get cheap bras on ebay to help you figure out what works and what doesn't.  If it doesn't fit, pass it on to your favorite thrift shop.  To start out, try a pullover type bra with one size fits all cups.  They don't have hooks or other hardware to show through your clothes.  Women don't care about that but we do.  You definitely need to try a bra.  Once you get used to it, you will wear one every day.  Trust us.
While I don't really want to support Amazon's almost monopoly their returns process is proving quite good. And if you are a subscriber then their "Wardrobe" service works even better.

bikerbob

I am not trying to minimize the benefits of having a fitting, just trying to make taking that first step easier.  Once you realize how much more comfortable you are with a bra, you will wish you had done it sooner.  Try different styles and you will eventually find out what works for you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024