Author Topic: Why not?  (Read 3711 times)

aboywithgirls

I was reading through some recent posts and comments and while I realize that we are all.at different stages of dealing with our breast development,  a common theme seems to be comfort vs. Concealment. This led me to thinking about why do we feel the need to conceal or hide our breasts and our bras.

Bob just posted about mens breasts are really no different than women's breasts. They are breasts! If we can benefit from a bra the same way that women do, than why don't we just do it? 

Now granted, I've been wearing a bra for about 30 years now and its just something that I do every day. My hope is for these of us who don't want do have surgery to "correct " our chests, that you can be free to wear what makes you comfortable and start being able to promote your assets rather than hide them.

aboywithgirls

I understand what you are saying. I'm not talking about competing with women, showing cleavage or getting the latest Victoria secret Bombshell push up bra. I'm talking about putting on a modest tshirt bra and a tshirt and just being comfortable without  looking like 2 puppies chasing each other under your top.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Ah, if only it was that easy...

What we have is not exactly normal.  It is a female characteristic, and female development on a man is not really natural (even though it is much more common nowadays, but that spike in occurances is largely from unnatural causes).  People don't like to accept something unnatural.  And wearing a bra essentially means embracing that female development.  Which obviously makes it worse.

That being said, I can see it becoming more and more acceptable as it becomes the norm and people get used to seeing it.

Offline Johndoe1

Ah, if only it was that easy...

What we have is not exactly normal.  It is a female characteristic, and female development on a man is not really natural (even though it is much more common nowadays, but that spike in occurances is largely from unnatural causes).  People don't like to accept something unnatural.  And wearing a bra essentially means embracing that female development.  Which obviously makes it worse.

That being said, I can see it becoming more and more acceptable as it becomes the norm and people get used to seeing it.
I have lived with breasts since I was 15. I have gone through decades being afraid of what people MIGHT think of me because I have a VERY feminine trait that could get me beaten up in a bikers bar or hit on in a gay bar. I get exactly what you are talking about. I lived it. The fear. The paranoia. It's real. I have the years of taunting and inappropriate touching to prove it.

Several years ago I decided I needed support and I was not going to let others dictate to me how I am going to live my life. While I am not completely there yet, my comfort outweighs what others think. So far, since I started standing my ground, no one has challenged me. I think the PC world we live in has helped as well. While we are not anywhere near acceptance, we are closer. If you act confident, people aren't going to challenge you. That's been my experience.

Only you know what is acceptable to you.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I have been waring a bras for over 10 years now and always hid it.  Then after the wife's death this April and major surgery on my part (which is still not over) thing began to change.  I was on the middle  of the monumental task of emptying her closet and I am just now finishing up the her closet disaster.  The few thing my daughter liked she kept. The rest of the clothes went to charities along with about 100 pairs of shoes and enough yarn to cloak New York, not to mention vast amount of total trash in the form of 20 year old papers etc. Then when the took me off the oxygen I and I could live the house I found a pair of short in my closet and put them on, not knowing how they would fit but they were fine just something was not right about them. That night when I took them off they turned out to be a 10 Petit. That is a women's size but none of me clothe fit after loosing 20 pounds in the hospital, I'm not surprised.  So I started looking in her closet for pants and short that I could wear and found several short and pants.    But the side effect that surprised my is that I started to find clothes I liked and then began trying them on and liked it.  I don't understand it but now I am a closet Cross Dresser.  In fact I went out to dinner tonight and wore nothing but neutral women's shirt, jeans, and boots and every thing under was totally women' underwear.  I even wore two of her necklaces and two bracelets.  Nobody said a word.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but please let me know if you have!
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
No 'condemnation' but...This forum isn't really for that issue.  There are others more in tune with the subject of cross-dressing.

aboywithgirls

I have been waring a bras for over 10 years now and always hid it.  Then after the wife's death this April and major surgery on my part (which is still not over) thing began to change.  I was on the middle  of the monumental task of emptying her closet and I am just now finishing up the her closet disaster. The few thing my daughter liked she kept. The rest of the clothes went to charities along with about 100 pairs of shoes and enough yarn to cloak New York, not to mention vast amount of total trash in the form of 20 year old papers etc. Then when the took me off the oxygen I and I could live the house I found a pair of short in my closet and put them on, not knowing how they would fit but they were fine just something was not right about them. That night when I took them off they turned out to be a 10 Petit. That is a women's size but none of me clothe fit after loosing 20 pounds in the hospital, I'm not surprised.  So I started looking in her closet for pants and short that I could wear and found several short and pants.    But the side effect that surprised my is that I started to find clothes I liked and then began trying them on and liked it.  I don't understand it but now I am a closet Cross Dresser.  In fact I went out to dinner tonight and wore nothing but neutral women's shirt, jeans, and boots and every thing under was totally women' underwear.  I even wore two of her necklaces and two bracelets.  Nobody said a word.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but please let me know if you have!
The same hormones that gave me breasts, also gave me my hips, thighs and butt. Because of this I wear women's tops, slacks, jeans and shorts too. They fit better. 

Offline Getting boobs

• Posting Member
I agree that you have to wear what fits your body. I understand that not everyone agrees with that. I gained weight from being down with an injury. I knew my shape had changed and things did not fit the same as they used too. But as I have been losing it, it has become much more apparent. So I have had to buy things that fit. Most of them come from the women’s side of the store. It’s nothing more than wearing what fits and is comfy. 

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hi folks I also have worn a bra over 10yrs now as well as gender neutral panties and girl jeans and shorts they fit my figure better than mens do I can`t stand jeans with the crotch at my knees and balloon pant legs .anyhow wear what you like  and is comfy 

aboywithgirls

You really have to wear what fits. Who cares  what store or department they come from. I love the fit and the quality of Torrid jeans and slacks. I have also found some great slacks from Lane Bryant as well. I live in Torrid panties too.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
I couldn't agree more with the last few comments.  Clothes are marketed as gender specific I believe to boost selling price in many cases.  What is wrong with buying some pants that fit best, or a top that is comfortable and fits a certain form?  As far as underwear is concerned, these days it is hard to tell the genders apart due to boys stuff getting more like girls briefs, and same for the girls things in some cases IE Boy cut?
At the end of the day, I believe in wearing what I need to for my specific needs, and picking shirts and pants that fit and are comfortable for me to wear.  IE; I have been wearing medical support pantie hose for poor veins for at least 30 years now, have been wearing breast support(bra) for past 8, both as a result of medical staff advising me I needed to, and for the past several, ladies jeans simply because they have some spandex in them and stay on my body better. IO could care less about what they say on the label or which department they are sold in!

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I like the fit and feel of women's jeans better that mens jeans.  The clothing industry has decided for the last several decades that men should be wearing the equivalent of denim potato sacks for pants.  I for one am over the baggy look.  And my wife appreciates the more fitted look of women's jeans on me.

aboywithgirls

I couldn't agree more! My wife had me try ladies jeans and I never looked back. The fit and feel are far superior to men's. Jeggings are a lot of fun as well. Ladies slacks also are a proven improvement for me. I will add a caution note. Ladies pants have significantly smaller pockets,, if any! You will end up carrying a purse or hand bag of some sort to carry your personal belongings. This is not necessarily a bad thing. You can keep things with you that wouldn't normally get to carry in your pockets. None the less, you won't be able to get car keys, cellphone and wallet in ladies pants. 

Offline Luvmyboobs

• Posting Member
I, too, have recently found that women's jeans fit me way better than those designed for men, and I couldn't agree more about the pockets issue. I wear a 32x30 in men's, which is usually a difficult size to find in a variety of styles, but a women's 8 regular usually fits me perfectly, and there are a lot more options in that size.

Because of that, I've considered looking into neutral women's shirts, as well. I've never really been able to find men's shirts that fit properly. Basically, my shoulders are way too narrow for men's cuts. If they fit my shoulders, they're way too tight everywhere else. If they fit everywhere else, they're way too big in the shoulder.

It's actually made me wonder if my overall shape was related to the gyne. Of course, there's absolutely nothing in the research I've seen that would answer that question...

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Yes - there is a lot to be said for the smaller pockets on woman's jeans.  I have been wearing them for quite a few years now, and I find that I have very little problems with carrying a wallet (back pocket) , change, keys and a cell phone in the pockets. Not as roomy as mens's but everything fits.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024