Author Topic: Deeper pains, growth?  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I’ve seen it touched upon in several threads but not a comprehensive place to address different pains in our breasts.
I’ve had itchy before, sore nipples and some achyness but these pains seem deeper? I’ve just started wearing a bra full time. Could it be that my breasts are adjusting? Also, occasional underarm pain. Stretching the under boob forward? What proceeded your growth?

Offline taxmapper

The sensation I get when I am feeling growth can only be described as similar to having microscopic pop rocks going off in my chest. 

As time has progressed the soreness typically feels like a deep bruise.  The nipples are constantly sore with an occasional break of soreness and they actually get quite soft. 

Then when the achyness returns they get hard again.  This is usually followed by a microscopic increase in size. 

DW20

Presumably you have a microscope??
Sorry - Couldn't resist

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Nobody else? I was up at 5:30 this morning with a pretty good pain in my right breast. Spent some time massaging and it subsided. Plus, has anyone had any pain for the first months wearing a bra? Does corralling the twins for the first time cause pain?

Offline Johndoe1

Ill fitting bras can cause issues. If you are feeling it down inside tissue and not at the surface, then it's probably not bra related.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I've had similar pains.  The pain is deep behind the nipple.  Sometimes it's just an annoyance, one time it was really painful.  I've asked the same question as you, is it a sign of breast growth.  I was told yes.  Of course, the amount of growth that comes from this is probably small enough that there's no way for me to confirm this.  Perhaps if I had some body imagining scanners or something that could track minor changes a lot better than I could with a measuring tape.

Offline taxmapper

Anyone going through puberty only knows that their pants don't fit that were purchased 6 weeks ago.

The actual growth is usually undetectable except the actual sensation of the stretched tissue.

It's much like weight lifting.

You don't SEE actual muscle tearing and growth as it happens, but you DO feel it and definitely DO notice it over weeks, months and years.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I don’t know why, I assumed that being on a die-t I wouldn’t have growing pains. Lost 5 pounds this week on Weight Watchers. Lost an inch on the under and half an inch on my the over bust. Cups filled the same , so I’m assuming it back fat. Hips are the same. Getting my first breast exam tomorrow and maybe get a referral for a mammogram. Never had a GP or Chiropractor say a word about my sizable chest before, yeah I’ve recently grown a bit but strange they’ve never addressed it before. Weird having to even think about it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 06:45:10 PM by Traveler »

aboywithgirls

As far as growth goes, breast pain and itchiness are usually associated with breast growth. Like John said about ill fitting bras,  they can damage the breast tissue if worn for extended periods. 

Breast exams are easy, they can be uncomfortable but routine. Women have them all the time. It just another thing that you need to do when you have breasts. Depending on your age, they may send you to a breast care center for a mammogram and ultrasound to establish a base line. You will find that as you expect, is set up for women but they accommodate men very well. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
At what point does it become advisable to think about getting a breast exam? My doctor has never mentioned it, and my breasts are quite small, so I have assumed that I don’t need to be concerned about it right now.

On the other hand, I do get breast pain (a bit I like OHboobs describes) and very annoying itchiness now and then, and I know that men without gynecomastia can get breast cancer. I’m not looking for problems, but is there any rule of thumb about when an exam would be a good idea?

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
From what I’ve seen men get breast cancer at 1% rate of what women do. Unless you have a family history of breast cancer, I’d think you were just experiencing a growth spurt. I do have a family history and am scheduling a mammogram.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Traveler - Thanks for that information. I am very fortunate in that I don’t have a family history of breast cancer, so you are probably right about it being a growth spurt. I developed gynecomastia late in life, so all of this is new and unfamiliar to me. I guess if you have had the condition for years you tend to be better informed on risks and what is likely to happen next.

I wish you well with your own mammogram and sincerely hope all will be well.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
While I’ve had gyno since puberty, I’ve pretty much did my best to ignore them till about two years ago when I believe I started growing again. Up until yesterday I’ve never even been officially diagnosed as having gyno. Yeah I’m a D cup now, but you’d think that ANY Doctor would have said something before I had to actually say “hey Doc, this gyno?” We have to start talking about this!

DW20

No Traveller I am not surprised by Medics' silence
In doctors' eyes Gyno, for the vast majority men, is not a condition to be treated but part of a normal spectrum however difficult we may find getting our heads round it.
Doctors are therefore unlikely to comment any more than they might suggest that a large busted lady needed breast reduction surgery. Just imagine the ructions that would cause.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 11:33:19 AM by DW20 »

Offline Johndoe1

When I have to disrobe at the doctors, they NEVER have me show my breasts unless it is a necessary part of a procedure. Even the nurses treat my chest as they would any women's chest. That is appreciated and a little insulting at the same time! Weird, I know. Just goes to show that even they see my breasts as mammaries and need to respect them as such. I guess its just this professional rule that sizeable breasts are treated as breasts no matter what body they are on. Probably helps keep malpractice cases down. But I think I would rather have it this way than to have my boobs exposed, swinging around for all to see, literally. I am more comfortable covered, it's true.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024