Author Topic: Day One  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Puppies

• Posting Member
Yesterday was a big day for me. After finding this page and plucking up the courage to post a photo of my chest, and receiving confirmation that I do indeed have breasts, I have been carefully thinking about my next steps.

I've spent a lot of time reading the posts on this forum and it is clear that I'm amongst people who think like me,which is a great feeling.

My wife is unaware that I've crossdresser most of my life and while she has never directly referenced my boobs, I'm hoping she will to allow us to start the conversation.

The discussion around bras is very interesting as I'm obviously very familiar with wearing them and have no problem wearing one in public. I'm confident to walk into a shop with a bra clearly on show and my bra of choice would be underwired to emphasise my assets, however,
my big issue is around friends and family.

I've rapidly concluding that I'd like to wear something to minimise my breasts and look 'normal', rather than celebrate them and know only too well how bad they look in an ill fitting t shirt. 

I'm calling today 'day one' as it's the first day I've actually worn something to work to 'manage' my boobs. In this case it's a fairly snug fitting camisole top with a t shirt and rugby shirt over. 

I'm hoping this is just the start on finally accepting who I am and not being as self conscious about my chest, but we'll see. 

I've posted photos to show the difference it makes and would love to hear your thoughts. 

Online Johndoe1

Welcome Gary. You are among friends here. Do what feels right for you and your situation. Go slow and let things evolve. I have learned you can't rush acceptance by others. To them, it's usually a shock even though you have come to terms with it. Usually the only people who really need to know is your spouse and possible children, if old enough to understand what is going on. Everyone else it's none of their business. Congratulations taking control of your life and body! You can successful live with breasts as a male. We do all the time.

Oh, good looking chest, by the way! Nothing to be ashamed of.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Puppies

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply JohnDoe1, much appreciated.

I'm still excited to have found this forum and guess I wish it was more active as I'd love to have a conversation with others in the same situation. 

Agree about not rushing things as I still don't know how others will react, so I need to get my head round the fact this will be a longer term thing... Just as well as I'm pretty sure my boobs are only going on one direction!

I sense most members are in the US and I'm in the UK so it would be good to chat with UK based guys too, especially about shopping. 

Offline qwerty6

• Posting Member
Welcome to the forum ! I, myself have found it really useful in understanding the condition.

Does your wife know you have gynecomastia  ? If not, it may be worth going to see your doctor and having a chat . When I went for my breast scan last year , the nurse gave me a leaflet on gynecomastia  . If you find bringing the subject up with your wife difficult , maybe show her the leaflet or leave it somewhere she will see.

I am also in the Uk 🙂
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:42:02 AM by qwerty6 »

Offline Puppies

• Posting Member
Hi qwerty
I hadn't thought of that angle but makes complete sense - thank you.

I'll PM you as it would be great to compare notes offline 

Offline blad

From the images you provided it is obvious that you would strongly benefit from wearing a bra daily, and I am not sure how you have coped with not wearing daily to this point. I am sure you will feel positive about doing so now.

What you are wearing in the image will be very stealthy I would think, but maybe not as supportive as a full on cup bra. The trade off.
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

I am so happy that you found us! You will enjoy the support here. Most of us here, have come to realize that life is better in a bra.

I have been wearing a bra full time for over 30 years now. I had my first bra fitting when I was 16 years old.

When it comes to our boobs, it seems like its comfort verses concealment. Ive always been most comfortable wearing a regular underwire bra. I wear lightly lined molded cup as well as lace cup bras. I am a huge fan of Elomi bras. I did go through a time when I was binding in my 20s but I was uncomfortable both physically and emotionally. 

I like having my boobs. I can even safely say that I am rather proud of my chest.. I like wearing a bra that makes them look their best..

Welcome to the club!!!

Offline 42CSurprise!

What catches my attention is your reference to crossdressing which presents a complication to this conversation that I've encountered as well.  Although my crossdressing experiences were in the distant past well before my breasts began to grow and I found myself curious about my wearing a brassiere.  I was quite surprised to do a search and find discussions on that topic at a number of websites.  That search eventually led me to this website.  It was likely my fantasy life that included crossdressing when I was younger that contributed to my excitement about accepting my breasts and searching for brassieres that showed them off.  The delicate balance of assuring that we're really men and that the only reason we're wearing a brassiere is because we must do so, doesn't leave a great deal of room for surprise and excitement over the fact.  Yes, men who've lived with breasts and have come to acceptance will often comment about appreciating their breasts and even enjoying a bit of intimate play with their wives centered on their breasts.  If I read between the lines of your post, it is likely your relationship with all of this and your conversation with your wife will be a bit different.  I'm single... my nipples are not so sensitive that I have to wear a brassiere... I don't have problems with my back that require that I wear a brassiere... I'm able to hike and enjoy myself without needing to wear a brassiere.  When I put one on it is simply because I'm tantalized by the presence of breasts on my chest... which may or may not be rooted in whatever led me to crossdressing in the first place.  I know the reason and have touched on it here, but there is no need to repeat that conversation.

Yes, acceptance is important and this is a fine group of men with whom to have these conversations.  I'm not inclined to say looking at your photos that you NEED to be wearing a brassiere full time, but if you feel you want to do so, enjoy yourself... full-time, part-time, with your wife, on your own.  Free at last, as they say.

Below is a recent photo of what has become my favorite brassiere.  It works and my breasts are happy.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
That bra looks great on you 

Offline blad

Tell us about day two, three, four?

Offline Puppies

• Posting Member
Days 2-5 have gone pretty well, still experimenting with layers and bras to find best combination.

Wore this one Thursday and Friday. Relaxed bra, racer back and also padded, but surprisingly, didn't make my boobs look silly... Well I didn't think so. 

Still hasn't been raised at work but feel more confident just getting on and wearing a bra. 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I agree with the others! Nice looking breasts and good choices for managing your chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024