Author Topic: Who enjoys needing to wear a bra  (Read 3867 times)

Offline blad

Things are slow on this forum lately, so I thought I would ask who enjoys needing to wear / wearing a bra?

When I first developed boobs in school, it seemed like a disaster. But then deciding to take some "advice", I tried a bra on for the first time in my early teens. Suddenly the bra seemed to give purpose to having boobs and made it feel better and even nice to see myself in the bra. I was still mortified with having boobs in school and in public, but strangely felt better about myself when I was wearing a bra.

I came to a point where I would have been perfectly happy with having boobs and wearing a bra for the rest of my life, but for the perceived reality of "fitting in". Eventually I did move towards wearing one full time as confidence grew. Drawing me to want to wear a bra full time was a combination of noticing the comfort of the support, seeing that my profile looked better in a well fitting bra, the control of any bounce in my breasts that drew attention and just an overall satisfaction that if I had boobs then they deserved a bra. I just looked and felt better in a bra. By contrast, it just did not feel right if I was braless.

What has been your experience? Is a bra a completely function garment or is there some degree of satisfaction in wearing one. Does a bra make it better to have boobs.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline taxmapper

Well in another thread i posted that I have recently started to allow them to actually show and "pop" out or protrude or whatever term you wat to use. 

As time has passed I actually feel better with the ability to "shape" my chest with a bra over allowing them to just swing and protrude. 

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
For me it's a real pleasure to need a bra.
My breast is my treasure and I love feeling it "living" but for everyday's life it's sometime difficult. Bouncing while walking hurts my areolas.
Sorry for my "basic english", I'm French :D

Offline Johndoe1

It has taken years for me to accept my breasts and realize the benefits of supporting my feminine appearing breast tissue by wearing a bra. I was lucky that I found a local bra fitter who was willing to not only fit me but teach me bra wearing and to get the most out of my bras and supporting my breasts and making them look their best and to be comfortable while wearing it and not looking silly or out of place. I like that I have the control of lifting and shaping my breasts or flattening them out, depending on the bra. I dictate what my breasts will look like, something I couldn't do before I started wearing a bra. I get great joy out of that control. I am not that joyful in the cost of D+ size bras! Last December, I spent almost $400 to replace bras I bought before COVID. But I did enjoy shopping for them. I do enjoy putting on my bra first thing in the morning. It's a wonderful feeling to swoop and scoop and to feel my breasts settle into the cups and to feel the support as I stand up. There are times when walking down stairs, it's quite a pleasurable sensation as my breast mass attempts to move within the cups but are immediately restrained by the straps and underband tightly around my rib cage and I can actually feel that thwarted movement as the bra reacts to counter it. I think that is so cool! That one feeling gives me confidence knowing that my tissue is not moving around and drawing attention and that my decision to wear a bra was the right one for me. That's about the only time I am aware I am wearing a bra. I have also come to enjoy the feeling of the straps going over my shoulders and the feeling of the underband around my rib cage as the bra molded to my body. When I don't feel that, I don't feel comfortable. I don't feel I look my best. I also feel vulnerable, exposed. I completely understand why women will say their bras feel like protective armor for them. I have come to feel that way about my bras also.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline SideSet

I have breasts like a woman I need to wear a bra like a woman does for comfort and appearance. However unlike some women, I enjoy wearing a bra. I love the support, uplift, and shaping I get from a bra

aboywithgirls

I also agree 100% with John on every aspect. I can relate to all of it.

I am a 36H in most of my bras. I have to shop at the specialty bra boutique shop to get a bra that fits. I will usually spend $75-100 on a single bra. On the other hand, I really like the persoal experience of shopping at a boutique. I also feel welcomed at any of the shops that I typically use. I also end up with a bra that is very good quality and dependable. If you've ever had an underwire or strap, or hook and loop fail during the day, you know how important a reliable bra is.

At a 36H I also have a need to wear a bra. I won't leave the house without a regular underwire bra.The shape is just as important as the support. A good bra will provide great support and beautiful shape.

I am grateful that there are so many wonderful, cute bras that are available in my size with shops and fitters who welcome me with open arms. In the last year, it has becomemuch easier for me to be accepted with my larger chest being supported and shaped as it's meant to be.😉

Offline blad

I do enjoy putting on my bra first thing in the morning. It's a wonderful feeling to swoop and scoop and to feel my breasts settle into the cups and to feel the support as I stand up. There are times when walking down stairs, it's quite a pleasurable sensation as my breast mass attempts to move within the cups but are immediately restrained by the straps and underband tightly around my rib cage and I can actually feel that thwarted movement as the bra reacts to counter it. I think that is so cool! That one feeling gives me confidence knowing that my tissue is not moving around and drawing attention and that my decision to wear a bra was the right one for me. That's about the only time I am aware I am wearing a bra. I have also come to enjoy the feeling of the straps going over my shoulders and the feeling of the underband around my rib cage as the bra molded to my body. 
Exactly my feelings as well.

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I like the comment about a bra being like armor.  While I don't wear one everyday, I do like the protection and shaping that I get when I do.  I like the look of the multi piece sewn cups with embroidery, I've always thought they had a look like of some kind of medieval breast plate under a shirt.  That's not very good for stealth but I do like the look.

As far as how I feel about my breasts, I like them more than I think I should and that goes for the bras too.  I would love to have more bras but I just can't justify spending a lot of money on something that I don't wear alot

Offline Johndoe1

I agree with ABWG about bra quality and the shopping experience at a boutique. That is where I shop as well. They know me there (by my real name), work with me and treat me with respect and want me to look good and be well supported and physically and mentally comfortable. It doesn't matter to them my "junk" is different from them, it's up top that we are the same and they get it. I complain about the cost of D+ size bras, but the truth is, when you get to D+ sizes, quality starts to matter because the average weight of a breast is starting to be in pounds (kilos) per breast and a cheap bra wont last and will not be as comfortable as one that is more expensive. I can't quite bring myself to purchase $100 bras, but I will spend between $50 and $85 per bra to get one that fits and supports correctly and you will not get that with a $20 bra in my 36F size. Just my opinion.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
While I’m not super happy about needing to wear a bra, I’m very happy having too to support my breasts. I went far too long without support and now, that I’m wearing daily, I’d never go back.
I also feel like that, while it’s not exactly armor, it’s comforting to be under command and control of my shape and projection.
I’m also in the D+ club and have found proper support will cost a bit more for comfort and durability. There really is quite a bit of weight up front and you need a quality bra when you get to that size.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:44:37 PM by Traveler »

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
This is a very interesting topic that I have mixed emotions about.  Like many of you, I had breast development in my early teens.  I'd say that my development started at 11.  It was not discussed by my family or any of my doctors.  Granted, I was overweight so maybe they thought is was " baby fat" and would just go away over time.  I would say that during junior and senior high school, I developed significant breast growth that gamble to say that my breasts were bigger than 75-80% of my class.  Luckily, I was not shamed about it in the way some of you were.  I had a few girls every year say to me that I need to bra more than they did.  Every so often, a guy would walk by and say that I had bigger boobs than a lot of the girls in school, which was true.   Nobody pinched or grabbed at my breasts.  My gym teacher was my wrestling coach in high school.  While we never talked about it, he never made me a "skin" in gym class so I never got embarrassed running around shirtless with bouncing breasts.

I have to admit that I've always loved having breasts, which led to some confusion for me.  I love being a guy and everything that goes with it, but I have this breasts on my body that are feminine in appearance and I like that they are there.  Sometimes, I look at them in the mirror and turn to the side to see them projecting out.  My feeling were mixed between proud, shame, confusion, etc.  As a heterosexual male, I know how breasts made me feel to see and touch them.  There must have been a certain power that women feel when they have decent sized breasts and I had them on my body.  That's where some of the different feelings I had came in.  

I remember once in my mid teens, while doing laundry, I got one of my sister's bras and held it against my body.  I never tried it on, but it looked like to would have fit well.  I don't know what size it was.  That's the first time I really thought that I would probably be more comfortable if I wore a bra.  In the mid 80's, there's no way that would have worked, but I would have been more comfortable.

Throughout my adult life, I still loved the fact that I had breasts and I wasn't ashamed about it.  Dealing with having them in public was always a bit tricky.  With the inspiration of this forum, I decided to begin to wear bras for comfortable and containment.  I was fitted at a store and the sales woman was fantastic with helping me getting the proper style and fitting bras.  I like putting on my bra in the morning and it stays on until I go to bed.  After swooping and scooping my breasts in the cups, I like the feeling of comfort.  Like many of you, I like that I minimizing the movement of my breasts when going up and down the stairs or walking fast.  However, I like that little feeling of sway of my breasts when I walk.  You see women have the little sway of their breasts when they walk and it looks attractive.  That feeling does make me feel good. 

Great decision to wear bras and there is satisfaction to wearing a bra.  I like shopping for them and enjoy it.

Offline Johndoe1

Like curiousk I was confused early on about my sexuality and gender because my chest didn't match my groin. As time has marched on, I too like being a male. That's who I am.  But I have come to like having my breasts too.

I have also come to the conclusion that it's society who has the problem with my mammaries and not me. And since I have them, I should have all the human rights to enjoy them as any other part of my body, like developing my muscles with weights or becoming proficient in playing an instrument using my brain and fingers or legs, arms or lips. And like other parts of my body, I want my breasts to look their best. It's society who thinks breasts look their best in a"female" context. I think many of us here would adamantly disagree with that view.

I, like many of you believe breasts look their best when lifted and shaped and contained no matter what gendered body they reside on. Bras make that happen. No one wants to have or look at saggy, floppy boobs, no matter the size or gender. Personally, I find when my chest looks it's best, I am more confident and happier in general. It's one less thing to worry about. I don't find that a male or female thing. I find that as a "breast thing". It just so happens they decided to grow on a body with a penis and not a vagina. Neither decision I had a say in.

bikerbob

Interesting stuff here.

When it comes to women, I have always been a boob guy and partial to well endowed women because real women have curves.  I also secretly felt that it wasn't quite fair that only girls got to have breasts and wear bras and I admit to trying on my wife's bras and liking how they felt so when I developed gyno and needed to start wearing a bra for comfort, it didn't seem like a hard decision to make.

As one of you pointed out recently, I enjoy having breasts a lot more than I should and needing a bra just goes with the territory.  I love my boobs and wouldn't give them up even if I could.  I have worn a bra daily for over 4 years and have become completely confident and comfortable with it.  My wife accepts that I need a bra for support and she knows what is in my underwear drawer.  I don't mind putting on a bra in the morning simply because the support feels good.  I am partial to pullover type leisure and low impact sports bras because they are easy to conceal under a T shirt, but I do own several underwires and lately have gotten the confidence to wear them in public once in a while now that I have accepted that it is somewhat obvious that I have breasts regardless of what kind of bra I am wearing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 10:53:11 PM by felix »

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I'm not so much confused as I am torn.  I also love my breasts and don't think I look bad with them.  I love the way they look, feel and that little tickle when my bicep brushes against one.  On the other hand I know it's not "normal".  Most men don't have breasts and would be horrified to have them, let alone love them and enjoy them.

Offline blad

There seems to be some consensus that the negative it would seem of developing breasts is at least to some degree off set buy wearing our bras.

I very much disliked my breast development in my early teens, and felt very alone in my situation pre internet. But trying a bra for the first time and there after made it more tolerable, even enjoyable. I quickly was quite content with having breasts while wearing a bra. It was unfortunate I did not feel safe to wear a bra full time while in school or my early years. It was a bit tormenting not to be wearing full time in those early years as I really missed the support both physical and psychological when not. Wearing a bra had the effect of being at peace with breast development right from the start, but it took time to feel fully confident in wearing one full time in public and to not give it a second thought. I felt restricted in my full satisfaction with having breasts that I gained with wearing bras due to perceived social acceptance. If it was socially normal for a percentage of men to wear bras I would have embraced wearing one and having breasts quickly.

Although we come to our conclusions at different rates or at different times in our lives, it is great to see our collective acceptance and even satisfaction of our beast development via wearing a common support garment, the bra.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024