Author Topic: Itching Associated With Wearing a Brassiere  (Read 1715 times)

Offline 42CSurprise!

I don't know whether other men here experience itching when wearing a brassiere for an extended period of time, but I am.  I've mentioned that my use of a brassiere is intermittent.  I've also mentioned that there is a bit of an erotic element associated with wearing a brassiere, so in a way, going braless liberates me to attend to other matters.  I know from hanging out here that this is not something most men experience.  But as I return to wearing a brassiere after a few months away, I'm aware that if I wear one for a full day, as I did yesterday, that I can develop itching where straps and the band touch my torso.  I had to take off a brassiere earlier today because of the itching.  A couple hours later I put on another brassiere and at the moment I'm aware there is a slight itch at the underwire beneath my left breasts as well as a slight itch in the middle of that breast around my nipple.  I have sensitive skin and often need to scratch my back whether I've worn a brassiere or not, so this likely is a normal response when I do wear one for an extended period of time.  Fortunately, I don't need to wear a brassiere and can do fine without one, so perhaps this will be how my relationship will be going forward... intermittent brassiere wearing... tied occasionally to focused attention on my breasts held in a brassiere's soft cups.  I guess we each find our own way along this journey.  I've read about women we want to take off their brassieres the moment they arrive home... while men here often put ON their brassiere when they return home... :o

Orb

I'm just going to throw out a couple things quickly.

Some times the soaps or detergents used can cause a reaction.

Perhaps It could be that the days activity created some body heat and the perspiration caused the skin irritation. 

Our bodies retain fluid depending on the day from various factors.  Could be the fit has changed.

I had to try different detergents and make sure they were rinsed well  before wearing.  One detergent had a fragrance in it that didn't agree with me.

Offline 42CSurprise!

All good points to consider.  Interestingly, the second brassiere I put on is both doing its job exceedingly well and I'm not experiencing significant discomfort despite having worn it for a couple of hours.  Since I now wear only one style I don't expect different reactions can be tied to the particular brassiere I've put on.  It is more likely things such as you mention... i.e., body temperature and fluid retention in addition to normal sensitivity.  I've stayed with the Lilyette brassiere because both the underwire support and materials in the cups conform to my body so well.  I don't sense any of the itching I experience is because of design related pressure.  And so the boob experiment continues.  When I hand wash brassieres I use a scent free dish-washing detergent.  I use scent free detergent for my laundry as well.

Normal boobs

Chest hair may be the cause. - if you have any. 
Shaving body hair, once the skin got used to the razor, completely solved the problem for me. 
I think that the irritation  experienced by some it may be due to hair and follicles being tensioned in unnatural and conflicting directions. This may be more prevalent in those who close the hooks at the front and swivel.
I now believe that standard male clothing could also be the culprit in this regard. 

I always had some itching before being habitually "bra'd up' and in retrospect wish I'd shaved or waxed years earlier. 
Another tip is run a finger around under the band to let hair find it's natural position
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:41:19 AM by Normal boobs »

Online Johndoe1

And of course, the obvious, properly fitting bra. In my own case, I had a itching problem develop and after talking with a female friend, found out that is not an uncommon problem with bras and sensitive skin. She recommended I use a moisturizing lotion on my breasts like CeraVe or similar. Nothing oily or heavy and taking the time to thoroughly rub it in well all over my breasts including the IMF to create a thin layer of protection and moisturizing and let dry before putting on my bra. I started using CeraVe on my breasts and the itching stopped in a week or so. I still use moisturizing location every day (either CeraVa or a Tea Tree lotion as part of my bra ritual now. Helps prevent rashes in the summertime as a side benefit.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Normal boobs

Quite right John. I was taking a properly fitted / fitting as "a given"
I was forgetting that many have not progressed that far in their journey.
I know the reluctance from long passed experience! Eventually as with all things gyno I eventually plucked up the courage. 

Orb

I'm glad you brought that up JD1. 
I know I suffer with dry skin as in the winter months the air is drier resulting in a constant battle keeping your skin hydrated.
I have lotioned up for the same reasons you mentioned.  

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I use ceraVe everyday. Great moisturizer 

Offline 42CSurprise!

Appreciate the mention of applying lotion.  Thanks JD1.  I'd applied an unscented body lotion early in this adventure and then stopped.  I think I need to pull that bottle out and begin using it again.  Funny, I first applied it thinking it might stimulate growth but mother nature really didn't need any help.  As I've noted on another thread I started some time ago, my breasts have definitely been growing and my brassiere is happily doing its job of shaping and presenting them.  A 42C cup is mighty big... ::)

Since some of the itching is on my back, I think I'll need one of those applicators my woman friend uses to apply lotion to her back.

Dudewithboobs

Fabrics can counter the other and effect what otherwise wouldn’t when interacting with eachother. If lotion is needed or helpful on the back I had this issue before with no boundary brands where Warner I do not. But I used lotion to take care of it and just put a little on the band itself and put my bra on as usual. This allowed any where the band went the moisturizer did too. Saved any time otherwise it would have taken to get it to the spot it needed to. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
depends on the bra. i have 2 idenical ones. same brand  same style one itchs the other doesnt. my black leisure bra does my beige doesnt

Orb

I knew someone some time ago that had a reaction to the dye in socks.  Was it the heat of his feet? The dyes used? He could only tolerate white and or natural fiber socks. 
Could be the dyes used.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
very possible yet i wear other black bras and panties with no problem just a different brand, hanes. the leisure bras are leading lady

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Things just itch sometimes 🤣. I have seen several women over the years scratch their boobs😳😉

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Although I don't wear a bra every day, the days that I do, I often get itchy late in the day. It makes no difference whether it is winter or summer, or the clothing on top. I do have a hairy chest, but I just asked my wife (who doesn't have a hairy chest...) and she also sometimes, but not often, gets itchy. Maybe it is due to the washing liquid that we use, maybe not. Maybe, it is simply a result of wearing a tightly fitting article of clothing against our bodies, in the same position, for a long period of time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024