Author Topic: Telling the family - long post!  (Read 6014 times)

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I told my mum first as i needed to borrow some cash of her, i would have told her anyway though.  She was very supportive of me and said if it bothered me that much then i should get it seen too.  I actually told my sister after the op but she really didnt say anything at all about it.  I think friends who notice gyne and dont say anything will still not say anything when they notice its gone,  good friends anyway.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
After my op yday, my dad asked me how I was feeling. I remember saying something like "I've waited 10 years for this," which prompted my parents to ask me why I had not told them I wanted surgery much sooner as then they would have got it sorted much sooner. That's when I finally realised  how lucky I was.

It was so good to have them with me from start to finish. I think they're probably happier than I am at the mo!

ss

Offline alan

:) Hi  there  iIread  ur   story   and was very  moved  by it  so much that I  felt  I  need to  join  this  forum to  relpy. like  yourself  I am a black male ,older  about to   turn 40 tihis  year. I have  had the  same condition  and very much the same  exper  as  your self ..I have also  felt  that over the   years  this  condition  as affected  my self  esteem and  various  relationship.

I am  hoping  that  second  time  luck  in that  when I   was  21  year of  age I had the  operation  done on the NHS  but I  was  never 100%  happy with  it  although  it was  siglthly  better   that it  was  before . I  have recently  had   referral to NHS  again, the Royal  Lodnon, Miss Patel . Her  view wa  as the  gald  had  aready been  removed  i  will only  need to  have lipo ,which  will mean limited  srcas. I  have also  have  booked  an appointment  to  see Dr Kardis   for  a second  opinion

Anyway  Ii just wanted to  say I  total  understanding  not  being  able to  dicuss  this  issuse  with  any who does not really understand  and good  on  you  for having  it done.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 11:40:13 AM by alan »

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Alan,

Thanks for that.  I have found the board really useful in my quest to rid myself of gyne.

I hope you de-lerk more oftern and tell us about your experiences while in search of revision surgery.

For me Surgery was the way forward.

Chorlton

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024