Author Topic: need general help and advice  (Read 1320 times)

Offline James1058

Good evening all, I've taken to a forum to try and get some much needed advice from you guys out there that seem to be in the know.
A little about my history.. I'm a 35 year old male from the UK and I have unilateral gynecomastia. I first notice a small pea sized lump behind my left nipple around 3 years ago. Upon being referred to my local breast clinic, I was scanned, told I had gynecomastia and was told I could leave. I had no idea what this was...I had no follow up, no advice, not anything. Being naïve, I didn't do anything!!!
Roll on 3 years, the lump behind my left nipple is now the size of around 2 grapes and I now have one small sized one behind my right... I have horrible puffy nipples that show through my clothing. and although friends and family say it doesn't look that bad, I feel horrible.
I have been a regular gym goer for a number of years and like to think i'm fairly lean and in good shape (could do better mind you!). Some years ago, I used an over the counter testosterone booster which I can only attribute to my now evergrowing breasts!!! However, in my research I can't see how it can. The tablets I took were a herbal supplement which were labelled as a natural test booster, nothing anabolic in them...
Everytime I speak with a professional I am just accused of being a roid head! my latest blood test results show that although my test levels are lower than what is expected, they are still within the normal range. I have been told that Tamoxifen could be considered however they would probably not go for this option, and finally surgery could be considered however an application would be made for funding!!
I suppose what I am asking is...Should I persist with my GP to at least give the medication a go or should I just give up and resign myself to the fact that I am judged on being a juice junkie and it's my own fault.
Just for final clarification I have "never" taken any anabolic or hormonal substance other than the above.
Someone help...this is taking over my life!!!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
If you have had this problem for several years, it is most likely not going away without surgery.  I am not a big proponent of taking Tamoxifen for this.  Since you're having such a problem with this, you may want to go ahead and meet with a plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with gynecomastia surgery. Rest assured, it can be cured with surgery.
Best of luck.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline James1058

Thanks for the reply, I have just had some blood tests results back and it has been established that I have very low test levels. It has also been established that my kidney functions aren't what they should be...I'm awaiting further tests on these to establish what the issue is. I've also started to feel a lot more pain with the tissue. Does this mean that the tissue is growing or some other problem?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024