Author Topic: My experience  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Canada7

Condition

I am 18 years old, and have had gynecomastia/ puffy problems since i was nine. Looking at other users pictures I would say my case was very severe. Over the years I have had some give me a hard time; however, the majority of people have never commented on my situation. Despite this, it has had a major impact on my every day life: the way i dress (wearing baggy sweatshirts almost year round), avoiding swimming, not being able to shower in the locker room/ change undershirts after hockey (which has been a nightmare playing rep hockey having away games every weekend), and the largest effect being on my confidence.

Surgery

My surgery was 100% covered under medical. I walked out of the hospital with zero pain several hours after the operation, and still haven't experienced any pain (5 weeks post op) except some horrible itching.

Recovery

For the first week of my recovery, I spent a lot of time on the couch playing video games and watching tv, while being waited on by my mother. Living this lifestyle began to take its toll on my gut. I started dieting and have lost 12 lbs with zero excerise in 10 days, hopefully more to come:) As far as results go I am very pleased, I haven't had any swelling as of yet. The left one turned out great, but the right one one has a crease in the middle that bothered me at first but has disappeared significantly in the past few days. I'm looking forwards to getting the ok from the doctor to start hitting the gym, and hopefully developing some pecs.

I am looking forwards to further improvements and life without boobs and maybe even going for a swim this summer :o I will keep posting as time goes on...

p.s. I would just like to say how great I think this site is, I wish I had discovered it earlier. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024