Author Topic: question on recovery  (Read 2709 times)

Offline titty-be-gone

• Posting Member
  • Ahh, I feel like a pancake now...YEA BABY
hello, just had a question about recovering from surgery.  I've scheduled my consultation appt. in a few weeks, hoping for the surgery in the next two months, but i was wondering how post conditions affect certain types of work.  I am in the field of construction inspecting, which is usually not very physical work but occasionally involves pushing a loaded wheelbarrow or moderate lifting.  How does that sit with post surgery, say one to two weeks later?
thank you,
robb

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I'd say one to two weeks later you shouldn't be lifting anything heavy at all, but I belive I was told by my PS that 3-4 weeks and I can start working out again moderately, so that should help you out.  I know that may not be what you want to hear but you should definitely not try to strain yourself soon after surgery.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

DrBermant

hello, just had a question about recovering from surgery.  I've scheduled my consultation appt. in a few weeks, hoping for the surgery in the next two months, but i was wondering how post conditions affect certain types of work.  I am in the field of construction inspecting, which is usually not very physical work but occasionally involves pushing a loaded wheelbarrow or moderate lifting.  How does that sit with post surgery, say one to two weeks later?
thank you,
robb

Recovery after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what was done, the skill of the surgeon, how you heal, and other factors.  I prefer techniques that minimize bruising and discomfort.  However, healing tissues need the chance to heal before being stressed.  Such issues are best discussed with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Like nukem2k5 said, give it anywheres from 3 to 4 weeks before lifting a heavy load.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024